DJI Pilot App does not support P3 on Apple Devices!?
123Next >
11259 84 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
russell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24259 ft

United States

I have been told the new app will be ready in one week.  got on tech support chat room
2015-4-30
Use props
fmg This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-30
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

Just FYI -- I work for an international law firm. We have offices in China. But NO NEED to get that far yet unless you're PMS'ing. We love DJI and we want them to improve if they listen to constructive criticism.

Maybe we just need Frank Wang to make a speech, even in Chinese is fine. Say something! Does Steve Jobs sound like he likes public speaking?
I really don't know how you guys feel because my P3P hasn't arrived yet and I have an Sony Ultra Z Android phone laying around.
2015-4-30
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

Nguyen, agree to certain extend. But I payed DJI not for sarcastic jokes from their customer support reps, but for a working copter.
2015-4-30
Use props
Nguyễn Thắng
lvl.1

United States

gevorck@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-1 06:54
Nguyen, agree to certain extend. But I payed DJI not for sarcastic jokes from their customer support ...

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. They probably think we're wining but I guess they don't understand the idea of pre-ordering.
2015-4-30
Use props
hendryx32
lvl.2
United States

So much complaining for first world problems!! Currently Im waiting for my drone near a fedex sorting station after missing my delivering time. We have to understand that problems happen and I would rather have a product that works than spending 1000 bucks and having it fly off and crash on me. So we have to wait another week for an IOS app.  At least the moderators are spending time discussing it with us and helping us out!
2015-4-30
Use props
fmg This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-30
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nguyen, agree to certain extend. But I payed DJI not for sarcastic jokes from their customer support ...

Can't you just return or resell your bird?

You are going to have a very difficult time proving any "losses" for a piece of hobby equipment. Then again, one customer sued me (I was in retail) because he claimed the flame of his gas fireplace logs was not high enough and he lost out on the "Yuletide flame".

I wear a badge of honor - that I've made it to 60 and never sued anyone in my life. I have better things to do. If I was mad at DJI I'd sell or return my copter and go away.

Oh, when we went out to the customers house with the low Yuletide Flame, we found that his plumber (we didn't install the fireplace logs) had failed to check the pipes he installed - a big clog of dirt was making it so the gas didn't flow right!

One of our local doctors has a sign in the office "ractice limited to nice people".....
2015-4-30
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

gsp171@mchsi.co Posted at 2015-5-1 04:10
Only 25% even care about Apple, what about android APP for P3, NOT inspire????

What a shame that 75% of people are using an inferior device to fly their beautiful phantom 3
2015-4-30
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

gevorck@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-1 05:49
Rothgar, I asked my lawyer and she requested evidences of purchase and evidences of missed opportuni ...

Hopefully you have a case! This is Bullshit! How can a company treat their customers like this. I heard that they had bad customer service, but this is simply unacceptable.
More people need to take action like you, Instead of the people on the forum just saying "be patient". (Edited for content). And they act like they did nothing wrong.
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

fmg Posted at 2015-5-1 07:20
Tahoe_Ed, will the updated DJI Pilot app for Android have the flight simulator?

Not at this time.
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fmg Posted at 2015-5-1 06:46
Well the updated Android app, which you said will be released today, include a flight simulator?

Not at this time.
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry if you took my answer for sarcasm, it was a statement of fact.  The App was delivered today as was promised.
2015-4-30
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

knicholas194@gm Posted at 2015-5-1 09:09
Hopefully you have a case! This is Bullshit! How can a company treat their customers like this. I h ...

So...like, I could say

"Hey, I received my Phantom and paid for it (even though the cc bill may not be due for another month), but I have this piece of hobby equipment that I am unable to use because Apple Computer and DJI are taking a week longer to deliver the updated software".

You guys must have big problems in your lives...to get this crazy and upset about a hobby. It's supposed to be FUN.

Why not turn your attention to that terrible bike maker who sold you a bike.....which you then rode before you bought a helmet.....SUE THEM.....because you endangered yourself.

My Goodness. Fun. Remember.

I really have to scratch my head to believe you guys are not talking in jest. Surely no one can be this mean.....well, then again, look at the world today! I guess if it's OK to sue people about a few days delay in your hobby, then it's OK to....well, do about anything!

Calm down, Folks. You'll live longer and be happier.
2015-4-30
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-1 10:22
So...like, I could say

"Hey, I received my Phantom and paid for it (even though the cc bill may n ...

Sir, with all due respect, please stop preaching. You have zero clues about the intended purpose of this drone for me particularly. And, clearly, we have different opinions on how both customer support and the whole pre-order experience should look like.

When I see someone pushing his point of view to me so frantically, I think to myself: "Oh my god, I wish he would have rather sued me".
2015-4-30
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-1 10:06
I am sorry if you took my answer for sarcasm, it was a statement of fact.  The App was delivered t ...

Sorry, Tahoe_Ed, but I don't know what you are talking about.
What statement are you talking about? What app was delivered?

By sarcasm I meant the answer "Pleasure" given after my phrase "Thanks for horrible customer experience". That's clearly sarcasm. And nothing from what I asked (firmware + iOS) was delivered.
2015-4-30
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The copters are arriving a little sooner than actually expected but Apple users can't fly them yet. What would the reaction have been if DJI said "The copters are all finished but we are having a delay with the software so we are going to hold off shipping for a few weeks"? I bet many of the same people would have complained and said "What is wrong with DJI! Get the copters out first and we then we will be ready when the software hits...we should sue them!"
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gevorck@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-1 12:50
Sorry, Tahoe_Ed, but I don't know what you are talking about.
What statement are you talking abou ...

I am sorry.  That has already been brought to the attention of DJI Management.  I thought you were talking about my comment on the Android. App.  That was released today.  The iOS App won't be far behind.  Remember when it does get here you will have to upgrade your P3 before it will work.
2015-4-30
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-1 10:22
So...like, I could say

"Hey, I received my Phantom and paid for it (even though the cc bill may n ...

Yes... this was intended to be a fun piece of hobby equipment. That's why I preordered it. So that I could be among the first people to get this product and enjoy flying it. But No. I have a useless toy, thanks to DJI.
We have a right to be downright angry with DJI. This is Ridiculous!
Stop chiming in with your "be patient" Crap. If I had patience for this kind garbage, I wouldn't have preordered it in the first place. I would've just waited to buy it through some other dealer in mid May.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
It's unacceptable that DJI would release a product that can't even be used yet.

Go Preach somewhere else.

2015-4-30
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

gsp171@mchsi.co Posted at 2015-5-1 04:10
Only 25% even care about Apple, what about android APP for P3, NOT inspire????

Can you provide a source/link for your “25% even care about Apple” reference?

According to this thread, more than 2/3 were planning on using Apple (and it was weighted even more heavily on Apple devices before the whole app issue):http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

2015-5-1
Use props
Francisco_Galar
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed, what is the version number of the new Android app? My Samsung Note is not updating.

Also, why do I get an error message saying "username already exists" every time I log in to the forums?
2015-5-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

knicholas194@gm Posted at 2015-5-1 13:46
Yes... this was intended to be a fun piece of hobby equipment. That's why I preordered it. So that  ...

I guess if you are the angry type you have a right to be angry about this or anything else.

But threatening lawsuits is a whole 'nother thing. In fact, it's a joke. We'll be telling stories about folks like you for years and the listeners will have a hard time believing them.

People make mistakes. Companies make mistakes.
I'm sorry your fun was spoiled.
Hey, you could buy an Android tablet and then return it! I'm sure the Judge in your lawsuit will look at your options and decide to award you the cost of a tablet - minus a couple thousand in court costs.
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Francisco_Galar Posted at 2015-5-1 20:59
Tahoe_Ed, what is the version number of the new Android app? My Samsung Note is not updating.

Als ...

1.1.0.  Load it by scanning the QR code on the DJI P3 Support page.
2015-5-1
Use props
jeff.wyman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-29 22:54
@droneflyers.com Does DJI pay you?
That's a ridiculous statement that you would rather read the m ...

Droneflyers makes his living selling DJI "how to" books (which I've read and enjoyed).  Look at their  other posts. So, yes they do . . . .
2015-5-1
Use props
Francisco_Galar
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-1 22:16
1.1.0.  Load it by scanning the QR code on the DJI P3 Support page.

Tahoe_Ed, thank you. I just installed version 1.1.0 on my Note 3.

Can you tell me why I have to change my username every time I log in to the forum? If I don't change my username, I get a message saying "username already exists." When I change my username, I lose all of my points.
2015-5-1
Use props
jzelek1
lvl.2

United States

So how will DJI let it's customers who purchased a Phantom 3 know when the firmware and app are available? I have a new Phantom 3 sitting at home waiting to fly!
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

gevorck@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-1 05:49
Rothgar, I asked my lawyer and she requested evidences of purchase and evidences of missed opportuni ...

Good luck with that( I mean it )

If BMW can't sue a Chinese company I'm certainly looking forward to you having a go {:3_57:}
2015-5-1
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
United States

@Tahoe_Ed, is there some sort of official channel we can follow for updates on the iOS app so that we don't have to keep hearing second-hand information from non-official sources?

It's not like people don't know about it and websites have been reporting it so I don't think radio silence is the way to go. Can we get updates via Twitter? Can we subscribe to updates via email?

Please keep us informed. Thanks!
2015-5-1
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
United States

Another suggestion... DJI might even want to update their website by taking off the iOS compatibility until the app is actually available. At this point it seems like false advertising for those who would buy one right now...
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-5-2 01:33
@Tahoe_Ed, is there some sort of official channel we can follow for updates on the iOS app so that w ...

DJI.com/Support/P3 is the best place for information.  If I get advanced notice I will post here but sometimes users know before I do.  We are close.
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-5-2 01:49
Another suggestion... DJI might even want to update their website by taking off the iOS compatibilit ...

It should be available before the units ship.  
2015-5-1
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-2 02:45
DJI.com/Support/P3 is the best place for information.  If I get advanced notice I will post here b ...

By the way there's a spelling error in the 24/7 chat window for the Phantom 3. On the screen where you select the Question one of the options is spelled "Applicantion".
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-5-2 03:17
By the way there's a spelling error in the 24/7 chat window for the Phantom 3. On the screen where ...

Thank you.  I will forward to them.
2015-5-1
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-2 00:55
Good luck with that( I mean it )

If BMW can't sue a Chinese company I'm certainly looking forwa ...

a lawyer will ask for as much information as possible then charge per hour to read it and then take your money.  I once had council discuss my trip to the meeting.  It cost me $300 for the ten minutes it took. Good luck!! you'll burn the price of a P3 before you find out you have no chance.
2015-5-1
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

This is fun:

Limitation of Liability

Neither Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc. nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, agents, employees or other representatives shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, and/or exemplary damages including without limitation, loss of profits or revenues, loss of data, and/or loss of business, in connection with this Website or the use of or inability to use this Website or reliance on the contents contained herein, even if Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc. is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Product Availability

The availability of the products and services described on this Website, and the descriptions of such products and services, may vary in your country or area. Please consult with Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc.'s local sales representatives or agents for specific products and/or services information.
Links to Third Parties

Although links to third party Websites may be contained in this Website for your convenience, Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc. shall not be responsible for any content of any such Websites. You might need to review and agree to applicable rules of use when using such Websites. In addition, a link to third-party Website does not imply that Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc. endorses the site or the products or services referenced therein.
Access to Password Protected/Secure Areas

Only authorized users can access to and make use of password protected and/or secure areas of this Website. Unauthorized users attempting to access such areas may be subject to prosecution.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction

This TOU shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the People's Republic of China, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law therewith. Any dispute or difference arising out of or concerning the TOU or this Website which cannot be settled amicably shall be submitted to China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) in accordance with its then-current arbitral rules for arbitration by three (3) arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said rules. The venue of arbitration shall be Beijing, China. All documentary submissions, presentations, and proceedings shall be in the Chinese language. The awards of the arbitration shall be final and binding upon the applicable parties.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-2 04:12
a lawyer will ask for as much information as possible then charge per hour to read it and then tak ...

The secret is patience!! I've never seen so much impatient humans ...everrrrrrrr{:3_44:}
Then they spit the dummy out...

Geeeez {:3_57:}

2015-5-1
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-2 04:12
a lawyer will ask for as much information as possible then charge per hour to read it and then tak ...

Wow, guys, I am actually amazed by the amount of free legal advising I am getting from you.
Why did I ever go to lawyers, I should have just been asking  you, smartypants, on the DJI's forum!
2015-5-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-2 02:45
DJI.com/Support/P3 is the best place for information.  If I get advanced notice I will post here b ...

Ed,
I get a 404 Error on that addy?

Are they updating it, as we speak, perhaps?

RedHotPoker
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-2 05:39
Ed,
I get a 404 Error on that addy?

I do not know.  I just refreshed mine and I did not get it.
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Francisco_Galar Posted at 2015-5-1 22:39
Tahoe_Ed, thank you. I just installed version 1.1.0 on my Note 3.

Can you tell me why I have to c ...

I do not know I will forward to the forum Admin.
2015-5-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules