Singapore

I always using this as a guide
2018-2-20
Use props
fans8ca7e5a4
New
Flight distance : 465020 ft
United States

Anyone having a problem setting the " air" camera to cinelike? Seems to be stuck in normal after this last update. Hmm.
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

I’d love to see this author so one on how to use shutter and iso settings.
2018-2-24
Use props
james roe
lvl.2

United States

http://upstracking.me/ups-near-me/
http://upstracking.me/ups-saturday-and-sunday-hours/
http://gbwhatsappapk.info/
http://gbwhatsappapkdownload.com/
http://coolhairstyleformen.com/

2018-2-25
Use props
Toraneko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083 ft
United States

I've seen the video online already.
I suppose it is all like asking what the best pizza restaurant in a city is - ask 10 people, and get 10 different answers; all of them right for the person who replied.
There is another from DFG on youtube, who advocates settings of 0,0,0.

And another somewhere who advocated -1,-1, -1.

I am going to do some shooting away pretty soon, and there won't be any do-overs if I get it wrong. I am not sure who to believe. I hesitate to crank the contrast all the down to -3 unless there is some scene of severe contrast - I don't plan on much sunset shooting.
Then of course there is the issue of finding an appropriate LUT. I've seen only one free one, but made for a snowscape. The author above offers one but not free. Not an arm or a leg either though. I am hoping someone here can eventually say how effective it is.
2018-2-25
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

it's a basic guide and some guidance to look for. I own a Mavic Pro and  shoot at 0,-2,-2 for D-LOG for me just fine and made my own lut in Davinci Resolve 14.
Some youtube movies are off date since DJI update image quality for the Mavic Pro in aug. 2017 in there firmware, sharpness goes to 0 instead of +1.
And what software you use for post production. Davinci Resolve give's a good look what's on the data in the movie/image.
2018-2-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

Is the consensus to use 0 sharpness?

I used the style setting from a video which had the values as -2,-2,-2 but this seem to make the picture muddy and not every post production could help it.

Can people share best settings they have used?

Thanks
2018-2-26
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

For Mavic: see message 29, at the end of the movie, but for me is it, manual,iso 100, sunny/cloudy depends weather , D-LOG, style 0,-2,-2 on UHD NTSC 30fps. and of course a polar ND filter.
Use polar pro filter guide app to calculate which ND filter. Then color correction with Davinci Resolve studio 14
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_uTX1wVvovsol
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've never understood the shutter speed rule. On one had we need to set it to double the frame rate but on the other hand it needs to be set so the EV is around 0. What if the conditions mean that 1/50 shutter speed mean the EV is way out?
2018-3-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

2018-3-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

2018-3-1
Use props
aikona
New

Poland

Thanks for the tutroial - classy and accessible for rookies!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here for hobby, professionally I manage sales and supply coordination of Veka windows

2018-3-5
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great post finally had a chance to play with the Air and sports mode is nuts! but I agree the Mavic Pro is still a better drone, these settings do make post alot easier its a shame that there isnt the option of several custom set up that could be used depending on the situation maybe DJI could add this in with the next update it wouldnt be hard, just say 6 or 8 customer settings so we could have 2 night settings, and 4 day settings, sunny, rainy, cloudy, bright Im in the uk and the weather as everyone knows is all over the place so a bespoke set of presets would be awesome! might save on having to use filters each time and hoping I used the right one! good post and thanks for the help!
2018-3-24
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

Great video thanks for sharing
2018-5-2
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Only thing I would change is the gimbal speed setting. It take quite some time to transition to a "birds-eye view" to a survey/FPV. I use a Gimbal Speed Pitch of "20" and go light on the wheel if I need it slower.
2018-8-1
Use props
Chung Nguyen
New

Please guide setup of the camera ( Mavic Air) to fly the night, thank you!
2018-9-19
Use props
fans402dbb11
New

Costa Rica

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-2-7 09:59
That is your 'Exposure' and is there for reference and can't be controlled directly. You would have to adjust the shutter speed and/or ISO sensitivity to get the Exposure correct (0). In the picture the (-5) means it's 'underexposed' and will result in a darker image then what the camera defines the scene should be in order to be properly exposed, a balance between darkness & brightness is (0). So in this case you would want to slow down your shutter speed (lower the number) and/or raise your ISO sensitivity (higher number) to find a balance where the Exposure number is (0) or as you prefer.. because in some cases a person may choose to underexpose or overexpose an image intentionally for 'artistic' reasons.

Keep in mind though - a low ISO is always preferred and results in a cleaner image, less noise - Used in bright environments. Raise this number to have the camera's sensor be more sensitive to light, but keep in mind the higher you go the more you'll deal with a 'depreciated' image. The first thing you would want to adjust is lower (or raise if the exposure reads +#) the shutter speed, so that light has more time to enter the camera and 'expose' the image more. Find a happy balance to get the exposure meter to (0) or intentionally over/under if that is what is wanted.  

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your knowledge!
2018-10-10
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

fans402dbb11 Posted at 2018-10-10 02:11
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your knowledge!

Your very welcome!
2018-10-11
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was a great video.  Thanks a lot for putting it together!
2019-2-15
Use props
leedesp
lvl.1
Japan

I am having issues understanding what to do with ISO and and shutter speed auto and manual settings for video.

If I use manual settings when facing the lightsource(sun) once I turn around things are too dark. Are these manual settings only good for one direction of flight then they must be adjusted during the flight
if your direction changes?

2019-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules