MP vs MPP blades
692 9 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Are the quieter blades on the MPP compatible with the MP? Is that what makes the drone 4 dB less noisy?

2018-2-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, they will work. They are quieter in the sense that there is very little high pitched buzz, like bee's. At 10m they are way quieter in my opinion and when flying people are less likely to notice it there. I'm just editing a binaural recording of the differences between the props to stick on youtube.
2018-2-6
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

yes they are compatible, yes partialy MPP has also better ESC
2018-2-6
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-2-6 06:26
Yes, they will work. They are quieter in the sense that there is very little high pitched buzz, like bee's. At 10m they are way quieter in my opinion and when flying people are less likely to notice it there. I'm just editing a binaural recording of the differences between the props to stick on youtube.

thanks man, looking forward to your vid!
2018-2-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are quieter, some have reported gimbal shake, I have never noticed that, you may need to update firmware a DJI recommendation, possibly because they load the aircraft motors differently.
2018-2-6
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-6 11:09
They are quieter, some have reported gimbal shake, I have never noticed that, you may need to update firmware a DJI recommendation, possibly because they load the aircraft motors differently.

Ya, not quiet there yet. still saving for the MP unless a sale  comes along. I was wondering if i should add a pair or 2 of these blades in my order?
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Palourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-6 11:16
Ya, not quiet there yet. still saving for the MP unless a sale  comes along. I was wondering if i should add a pair or 2 of these blades in my order?

I recommend the MPP propellers if sound is a concern to you. 3-4 dB may not look like much on paper but it makes a notable difference when you're in the air.

When shipping for the propellers, remember that they come in pair of 2. If you want a full set, you need to order 2 pairs for 20 USD.
2018-2-6
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Palourde Posted at 2018-2-6 11:24
We recommend the MPP propellers if sound is a concern to you. 3-4 dB may not look like much on paper but it makes a notable difference when you're in the air.

When shipping for the propellers, remember that they come in pair of 2. If you want a full set, you need to order 2 pairs for 20 USD.

Thanks for the tip! Tricky buy lol
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd say you'll get about an extra minute in the air and a 30% noise reduction flying the Mavic Pro with the 8331 props. 3 minutes extra and a 60% noise reduction using the MPP - this is attributed to the upgraded FOC ESC's driving the motors on the MPP. As previously advised you may experience vibrations if you have not updated your FW since Oct last year. In real terms, the sound reduction is based on a logarithmic scale so the most straight forward analogy is to imagine a large desk fan rather than a wasp nest - the lower frequency means that the sound does not travel as far - this is why I can not hear my MPP 150' away from me. Maintaining visual orientation of the drone is more difficult as you can't hear it to see it but the advantage is that nobody else can either.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Harry, yes, you can apply the low noise props on the Mavic Pro. Please note to update the firmware to ensure the compatibility. And the effect of the noise reducing might be the same as the effect on the Mavic Pro Platinum, but it does reduce the noise. Thank you for your support.
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules