Dji firmwares
1981 20 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ucel007
lvl.1

Indonesia

I just got a new spark and was looking online that there are various issues with the dji spark firmware, and the dji go4 app that doesnt allow otg cable.

So as a new user, what would be the experienced spark users recommend in regards to what version of firmwares to use (dji go4, spark firmware, rc firmware)?
I know that you should update using a computer for the drone which is most stable.
2018-2-6
Use props
Ucel007
lvl.1

Indonesia

Dji spark firmwares

I just got a new spark and was looking online that there are various issues with the dji spark firmware, and the dji go4 app that doesnt allow otg cable.

So as a new user, what would be the experienced spark users recommend in regards to what version of firmwares to use (dji go4, spark firmware, rc firmware)?
I know that you should update using a computer for the drone which is most stable.
2018-2-6
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

My firmware and Go 4 app are the latest versions and the OTG cable appears to be working again. I use an iPad Mini 4, I've read that the Android version of the latest app isn't available yet.
2018-2-6
Use props
jiminythompson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163337 ft
United Kingdom

If iOS (which I have so can speak to) latest OS and firmware work just fine.  I have never used an OTG cable.  
Recognise that upgrading firmware via computer is stable; for what it's worth I've always upgraded using my phone (iPhone 7 Plus).

Good luck and enjoy the Spark!
2018-2-6
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Denmark

better to use the latest versions for App, RC and AC.
2018-2-6
Use props
Fer García
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3054 ft
Mexico

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-6 10:39
My firmware and Go 4 app are the latest versions and the OTG cable appears to be working again. I use an iPad Mini 4, I've read that the Android version of the latest app isn't available yet.

Little off-topic:

How's the performance with the iPad Mini 4? and, do you use a tablet holder to attach it to the RC? I'm thinking of getting one of those for my Spark (using an Android phone right now).
2018-2-6
Use props
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

Always get the version that is compatible with your latest OS...
2018-2-6
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I have updated my Spark to the latest version firmware and my DJi Go 4 is also updated to the latest version. I have done a few thousand meters flights and it worked very well without any issues. I also used OTG cable with my iPhone 7. I always fly within limits (Altitude 60m and Distance 300m in an open space) and VLOS to avoid any issues. Hope it helps !!!
2018-2-6
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I have updated my Spark to the latest version firmware and my DJi Go 4 is also updated to the latest version. I have done a few thousand meters flights and it worked very well without any issues. I also used OTG cable with my iPhone 7. I always fly within limits (Altitude 60m and Distance 300m in an open space) and VLOS to avoid any issues. Hope it helps !!!
2018-2-6
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

What firmware are you on
2018-2-6
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fer García Posted at 2018-2-6 12:17
Little off-topic:

How's the performance with the iPad Mini 4? and, do you use a tablet holder to attach it to the RC? I'm thinking of getting one of those for my Spark (using an Android phone right now).

The Mini 4 fits in the remote's phone clamp without an additional holder, so I just do that.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. We would recommend users use the latest firmware and the latest version of app to fly their spark. Any question, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-7
Use props
Derbi
lvl.1

Finland

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-6 11:14
better to use the latest versions for App, RC and AC.

Not always. I still use an old version of the GO app that dont require any stupid logins online.
2018-2-10
Use props
Derbi
lvl.1

Finland

If it is anything like with he Phantom Pro 3, new firmwares and GO apps versions have slowly made it worse and worse.  Wait before you update, read carefully on what have changed and see other users feedback. Sometimes DJI changes things they dont tell you about and you might not like it.
2018-2-10
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Using latest updates and iOS,, iPad Air with OTG,, no issues at all.
2018-2-10
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

I use a Nexus 7 tablet with DJI Go 4.1.15  this works fine with otg. I also use Dji Go 4.1.15 Mod 2 which gives extra functions like waypoints. It also has Litchi which I rarely use now.

I also have an Android phone (Moto G5)  which I keep updated to the latest software but at the moment I cannot use otg and still get video transmission problems even over short distances and on two occasions have lost contact with AC, again over a short distance. I'm not saying it is not my fault but given the choice I prefer the Nexus and older software.
2018-2-10
Use props
phatav8r60
lvl.2
China

Fer García Posted at 2018-2-6 12:17
Little off-topic:

How's the performance with the iPad Mini 4? and, do you use a tablet holder to attach it to the RC? I'm thinking of getting one of those for my Spark (using an Android phone right now).

I use a mini as well and it fits perfect into the RC
2018-2-14
Use props
fanse5394b5d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

The problem is not with the firmware. DJI have disabled OTG in all versions of the dji GO 4 app later than v4.1.15. No reasonable explanation has been given for this. I fly with all the latest firmware upgrades and v4.1.15 of the dji Go 4 app. Everything works as you would hope, including OTG connection.
2018-2-14
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

fanse5394b5d Posted at 2018-2-14 07:17
The problem is not with the firmware. DJI have disabled OTG in all versions of the dji GO 4 app later than v4.1.15. No reasonable explanation has been given for this. I fly with all the latest firmware upgrades and v4.1.15 of the dji Go 4 app. Everything works as you would hope, including OTG connection.

Agree with that
2018-2-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Latest Firmware, latest Go4App, Combo Fly mode, Samsung Note 8

Disconnects reported with Spark no more than 20' away. GPS and compass errors. Before the last firmware and Go4 update it worked fine.
Weather sucks here in NE Ohio, so flights are very limited,  but some better days coming. I hope this gets fixed.

Sucks cuz you get this for a gift and have these problems. too far out of return policy from store. I guess I can try it on my son's iPhone, but having to go to iOS after spending $700 on this stuff kind of stinks.

I suppose the priority now is with iOS. Wished I would have done my research. I'd have went for something else not as proprietary. To be fair though, this combo kit worked great when I got it. It's the latest update that defeats features, crashed app in flight, and loses signals which make me resistant to fly anywhere but around my yard. I can do that with a $30 drone.
2018-2-14
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I am currently running DJI Go 4 app with latest fireware updates.  I flew in ATTI and GPS modes this weekend without any issues.  Even tried gesture only, app only and RC+App without any issues.  Plus it was -5 out.  All firmware updates have been done via DJI Go 4 app and never via the DJI Assistance app.  I've had issues with using the DJI Assistant software so all i done via the IOS app
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules