3577 32 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am thinking about getting the mavic air as a second( backup) drone. I have als the mavic pro platinum. The only and one thing that is putting me off is that i find it  , when watching some youtube films about the air , that its very noisy.
Does anyone else experience the same thing or is it in real life not that noisy?
2018-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s no more noisy than Mavic Pro , or spark and less noisy than phantom.
2018-2-6
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

i belive Air is considered more noisy becouse its high pitched noise
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Before having received my MA there were plenty of posts already claiming that it was "so noisy". Now as I have it, I consider these views grossly exaggerated and do not experience a big difference to my Spark.
2018-2-6
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

It's noisier than the Spark.

2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Palourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

• The Mavic Air is considerably louder than the Mavic Platinum but is certainly a silent aircraft compared to bigger ones. I suggest the Mavic Air if you are looking for a tiny, subtle UAV that will not bother people around you.
2018-2-6
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

The wife said it was noisy but then we’ve never had a drone, I personally don’t think it is and the neighbour next to me when he was in his garage  never even heard it when it was running... :-)
2018-2-6
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Personally I don't find my Air to be noisy in the slightest, it's like an angry little bee compared to a swarm of bees like the inspire or phantom.
2018-2-6
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have mavic pro and Spark and I confirm that mavic air is louder than spark. Not a bit difference but is air noisy.  Especially when you fly in sport mode you can hear mavic air louder.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear.
We are sorry that we have not that official data of noise currently. You can reference the description above and we believe you will have the concept about that.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On a par with the Spark - louder than the platinum for sure but hardly concord LOL
2018-2-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-6 10:13
It’s no more noisy than Mavic Pro , or spark and less noisy than phantom.

100%. That's exactly what I'm thinking
2018-2-7
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Palourde Posted at 2018-2-6 11:09
  • The Mavic Air is considerably louder than the Mavic Platinum but is certainly a silent aircraft compared to bigger ones. I suggest the Mavic Air if you are looking for a tiny, subtle UAV that will not bother people around you.

• Is this a joke? Silent? Won’t bother people around you? Everyone would be looking at you if you launch it around people.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    AIister
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 626647 ft
    Canada

im used to my p3p .. the air is so quiet
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    DaMa
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 889662 ft
    • >>>
    Germany

Earplugs?               
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    lovec1990
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 36158 ft
    Slovenia

or he is deaf
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    Oracle Miata
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 3759829 ft
    • >>>
    United States

I started one of those "so noisy threads" and now that I have it, I gotta say it's about on par with the Spark's audible footprint.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    • >>>
    Ireland

Outie Posted at 2018-2-7 11:45
    Is this a joke? Silent? Won’t bother people around you? Everyone would be looking at you if you launch it around people.

It’s not as loud as a petrol mower, but the grass still needs cutting.

“Good music was meant to be loud!”
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    QuadKid
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 482349 ft
    United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-2-7 11:40
    100%. That's exactly what I'm thinking

Damn P4P sounds like a pig being castrated @ 100' in the air !!
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    eYeSkYeYe
    Second Officer

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-7 12:09
    It’s not as loud as a petrol mower, but the grass still needs cutting.

“Good music was meant to be loud!”

Did Beethowen say that?
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    dronybaloney
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 24897940 ft
    • >>>
    Netherlands

But i own the mpp and i think comparing the air with this one ( at least looking and hearing all the youtube sound tests , it sounds really loud) and to be honest , i think the noise factor is one of the most important things to improve when designing/producing a drone,
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    Surface2Air
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 167441 ft
    Canada

My experience with having Spark and Air, about the same. Maybe spark higher pitch, but the Air a little more in other ways.

Obviously the size of the propeller would be a big factor in defining the noise (pitch, etc), as well as the surface area, profile, amount of blades, rotation speed..

I took a photo of the spark/air propellers side by side to compare for fun.
    spark top/left
    air bottom/right

IMG_12782.jpg

2018-2-7
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    • >>>
    Ireland

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-7 12:19
    But i own the mpp and i think comparing the air with this one ( at least looking and hearing all the youtube sound tests , it sounds really loud) and to be honest , i think the noise factor is one of the most important things to improve when designing/producing a drone,

Forget about what you hear on YT , you need to hear this for yourself out in the open.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    fans665a76ad
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 20 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Ive got a p4p and a Spark. Love the P4p but there's certain occasions when something smaller and discreet is required and thats where the Spark comes in. However I am usually disappointed with the footage, but it does come in handy. Thinking of upgrading the Spark  to the Mavic Air. My only concern is, its not a discreet as the Spark in terms of noise and size. Any comments appreciated.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    AIister
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 626647 ft
    Canada

you pretty much nailed it.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    Wachtberger
    First Officer
    Flight distance : 261509 ft
    Germany

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-7 12:07
    I started one of those "so noisy threads" and now that I have it, I gotta say it's about on par with the Spark's audible footprint.

I fully agree, maybe a tiny little bit more than Spark but definitely not much. These are the only ones I can compare because I own and fly them. For sure not an issue for me. By the way, before buying Spark I have seen at least as many if not more Youtube videos stating how noisy it was. Once I got it, I was really surprised how "silent" it was compared to what I had seen/heard in the videos. They give a totally wrong impression.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    Oracle Miata
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 3759829 ft
    • >>>
    United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-7 13:02
    I fully agree, maybe a tiny little bit more than Spark but definitely not much. These are the only ones I can compare because I own and fly them. For sure not an issue for me. By the way, before buying Spark I have seen at least as many if not more Youtube videos stating how noisy it was. Once I got it, I was really surprised how "silent" it was compared to what I had seen/heard in the videos. They give a totally wrong impression.

I agree, you really can't judge by what you see or better yet hear on a video.  I really don't think the MA is very loud at all.  
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    Kune
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 2773465 ft
    • >>>
    Spain

Appart of shooting footage I really enjoy flying my done in sport mode. When I fly the spark most of the times is unnoticed, but when I fly the mavic air not always go unnoticed. So Mavic air its not a discreet as the Spark, It isn't a big difference but enough to make people come up to me and ask ...
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    fans665a76ad
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 20 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

I found if theres road noise or any background noise, you can't even hear the Spark
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    eYeSkYeYe
    Second Officer

Croatia

Kune Posted at 2018-2-7 13:16
    Appart of shooting footage I really enjoy flying my done in sport mode. When I fly the spark most of the times is unnoticed, but when I fly the mavic air not always go unnoticed. So Mavic air its not a discreet as the Spark, It isn't a big difference but enough to make people come up to me and ask ...

It has something to do with the pitch of the sound. Measurements say its maybe 1.5db difference but subjectively MA is more unpleasant to my ears. Might be highly subjective.
    2018-2-7
    Use props
    wantedlynx
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 689787 ft
    Philippines

i don't mind the loud noise it makes. It keeps the angry birds at bay. Also it lets me know if it's nearing me.
    2018-8-14
    Use props
    nixuspix
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 2864974 ft
    • >>>
    Latvia

For me the noise of the drone is a big plus. When i do not see it, i can hear it. This helps me to find it back in the sky
    2018-8-14
    Use props
    KREMi
    lvl.4
    • >>>
    Poland

MA noisy like hell for me mavic pro is another league... and MPP even less dB
    2018-8-14
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules