It Just Happen
1663 18 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soloflight79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546138 ft
United States

Well after owning the Mavic Pro for a whole year and a couple months and I just got the Mavic Air yesterday, Today was a sad day, I knew I was close to the side of the building but after looking at the flight logs no side motion from the stick so either my avoidance didnt work or it drifted into the side of the building. Its hard to tell.
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

So what exactly has happened and what is the damage? And is it on your Pro or on the Air?
2018-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just click on link below and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-2-6
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had exactly same scenario, but with Mavic Pro - I was certain drone is far enough when he hit the wall - 3 props smashed and some bruises - luckily it felt on the back - so it fly's again with no problems - sheer luck
Sorry for your bird
2018-2-6
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
United States

It was with the Mavic Air, I have had the Pro for a year so i'm pretty experienced but somehow i was close the building wall and the sensors didn't pop up and next thing I knew it was into the wall like crazy

2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Palourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Could you please provide the flight log?
2018-2-6
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
United States

I assume this is the last flight, I don't see anything unusualFlight Data
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The log looks fine to me - approaching NFZ toward the end but that wasn’t the cause as only 16’ away from you with enough sats and VLOS flying - this looks like an OA error or external force like a gust of wind - though no error messages showed up. Very sorry to see this happen to you especially as it doesn’t appear to be your fault. I would contact DJI support for a replacement. Good luck.
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Thank you for sharing your flightrecord. I am not yet experienced enough to give you the full account, but I am sure that more experienced pilots will be able to do so. Therefore I prefer to refrain from further comments to what I have seen in your flightrecord but would like to let you know at least that I disagree with your video comment on Youtube: "The Mavic Air let me down, and down it went hard" seeing the flight environment in combination with the flight mode chosen on your first (or second?) flight with your Mavic Air. But one good aspect you have clearly demonstrated. The great design of the Mavic Air really protects the most valuable parts of it.
2018-2-6
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-6 14:42
The log looks fine to me - approaching NFZ toward the end but that wasn’t the cause as only 16’ away from you with enough sats and VLOS flying - this looks like an OA error or external force like a gust of wind - though no error messages showed up. Very sorry to see this happen to you especially as it doesn’t appear to be your fault. I would contact DJI support for a replacement. Good luck.

I did call and file the case, I do have the refresh also in case they see something I don't see, it kinda happen so fast but as you see it facing the wall at a 45 degree I would have thought the sensor would have stopped it but I just don't know, hope to get it fixed or replaced and back in action, so far the support was good now the wait for Techs, shipping it tonight.
2018-2-6
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-6 14:44
Thank you for sharing your flightrecord. I am not yet experienced enough to give you the full account, but I am sure that more experienced pilots will be able to do so. Therefore I prefer to refrain from further comments to what I have seen in your flightrecord but would like to let you know at least that I disagree with your video comment on Youtube: "The Mavic Air let me down, and down it went hard" seeing the flight environment in combination with the flight mode chosen on your first (or second?) flight with your Mavic Air. But one good aspect you have clearly demonstrated. The great design of the Mavic Air really protects the most valuable parts of it.

So being in sport mode is not allowed? as you can see I was in P-mode when in close proximity to any obstacles but fair statement. Your right boy the Air was fun, very responsive but these things happen, I don't know exactly what or who failed, maybe is was wind, I am just saying based on the stick movement and position I dont see anything I might have done to bring it into the wall. Thanks I am always open for expert or opinions
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Soloflight79 Posted at 2018-2-6 14:49
So being in sport mode is not allowed? as you can see I was in P-mode when in close proximity to any obstacles but fair statement. Your right boy the Air was fun, very responsive but these things happen, I don't know exactly what or who failed, maybe is was wind, I am just saying based on the stick movement and position I dont see anything I might have done to bring it into the wall. Thanks I am always open for expert or opinions

No offense intended at all! That's why I wrote that the more experienced ones should analyse and provide their competent feedback. All I wanted to say was that I personally never would get the idea to fly my brand new Mavic Air in Sport mode on day one or two in a similar flying environment. But you might be more familar owning or having owned a Mavic Pro. I have just upgraded from the Spark and therefore cannot say more. But since you have Care Refresh all will be well anyway.
2018-2-6
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-6 14:58
No offense intended at all! That's why I wrote that the more experienced ones should analyse and provide their competent feedback. All I wanted to say was that I personally never would get the idea to fly my brand new Mavic Air in Sport mode on day one or two in a similar flying environment. But you might be more familar owning or having owned a Mavic Pro. I have just upgraded from the Spark and therefore cannot say more.But since you have Care Refresh all will be well anyway.

I do have the Mavic Pro, owned it nearly the week after they started shipping, got lucky i guess. I knew it was fast and more nimble but I was in P-mode when I came down to where I was going to land it. I have a pretty good amount of flying experience with the Pro, or at least i feel like I do, never crashed it at least. Its all good as long as DJI can take a look and either repair under refresh or malfunction, nothing bad on Mavic Air and surely not upset over your comment. Just sad cause ill have to wait again :-(
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Soloflight79 Posted at 2018-2-6 15:02
I do have the Mavic Pro, owned it nearly the week after they started shipping, got lucky i guess. I knew it was fast and more nimble but I was in P-mode when I came down to where I was going to land it. I have a pretty good amount of flying experience with the Pro, or at least i feel like I do, never crashed it at least. Its all good as long as DJI can take a look and either repair under refresh or malfunction, nothing bad on Mavic Air and surely not upset over your comment. Just sad cause ill have to wait again :-(

Thank you and I really feel with you! It would hurt me badly as well. I cross my fingers that it will be solved quickly.
2018-2-6
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Soloflight79 Posted at 2018-2-6 15:02
I do have the Mavic Pro, owned it nearly the week after they started shipping, got lucky i guess. I knew it was fast and more nimble but I was in P-mode when I came down to where I was going to land it. I have a pretty good amount of flying experience with the Pro, or at least i feel like I do, never crashed it at least. Its all good as long as DJI can take a look and either repair under refresh or malfunction, nothing bad on Mavic Air and surely not upset over your comment. Just sad cause ill have to wait again :-(

Don't beat yourself up over it.  No one can be on full alert all the time or crash free forever.  I had a year on My Mavic before ai let slip into a tree.  Live and learn.
2018-2-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The audio you had on your second camera made it sound like a pretty good breeze was blowing.  You don't want to get too close to anything under those conditions.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s good - at least it’s in DJI’s hands now and they’ll know more than anyone on here. They’ll just replace it whether it is defective (which seems to be the case) or not given that you have care refresh so no worries.  
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear. We are sincerely sorry that the inconvenience caused to you.
Do you have the case number? We will check it and follow up with it.
Thank you in advance. Again, sorry for the accident.
2018-2-6
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-2-6 21:48
The audio you had on your second camera made it sound like a pretty good breeze was blowing.  You don't want to get too close to anything under those conditions.

I flew through a couple batteries worth with no wind warnings that i recall which most often is unusual cause I get them all the time on my mavic pro. I am shipping it today.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules