979 12 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK let's say I want to do a head to head comparison between the X5 and X5R, if I install the X5R firmware, can I still swap for the X5 or for that matter X3 without having to change the firmware ??
2018-2-6
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

just buy a 2nd Inspire....

it should be fine. I have a Z3 on mine, and put a X3 on to test and it worked, then the Z3 worked right after, just had to reset it  to recognize the Z3 was there
2018-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-6 17:15

reset it? YEAH, let the stupid questions FLYYYYY LOL
2018-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-6 17:15

Do I even need to load the X5R firmware?
2018-2-6
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-6 17:32
reset it? YEAH, let the stupid questions FLYYYYY LOL

reset the bird, turn off an on. and try hooking the X5R up and see. not sure to be honest, as never messed with any X5
2018-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-6 18:59
reset the bird, turn off an on. and try hooking the X5R up and see. not sure to be honest, as never messed with any X5

hehehehe, let the games begin, you have no idea what I went through with my Osmoand the X5R it was scary!
2018-2-6
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cant you mount the X5R on Osmo and the regular X5 on inspire and side by side compare?
2018-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-6 19:13
cant you mount the X5R on Osmo and the regular X5 on inspire and side by side compare?

of course, but I prefer to do it in the air I can of course test them both out on the Osmo, but the gimbal is actually pretty different on the Osmo than it is on the bird, ultimately the point of the X5R is aereal.
2018-2-6
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ahhh yea true see the jello or not. osmo would be good for picture setting i guess
2018-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It does work in terms of getting familiar with the camera behavior and then get familiar with the raw video processing, it's all about learning, so much I don't know, unfortunately the creative process is taking a back seat for a bit, but I have a feeling this learning experience will be very bene facial
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mixchief, no problem, the firmware of the aircraft of Inspire V2.0, Inspire Pro, and Inspire RAW are the same, changing gimbal will not affect the aircraft's performance.
2018-2-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 23:48
Hi mixchief, no problem, the firmware of the aircraft of Inspire V2.0, Inspire Pro, and Inspire RAW are the same, changing gimbal will not affect the aircraft's performance.

Oh cool, so I don't need to install any firmware now either?
2018-2-7
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-7 05:17
Oh cool, so I don't need to install any firmware now either?

mixchief,
   The DJI firmware bin files consist of individual firmware modules. The Inspire 1 has downloadable firmware for the Inspire 1 with the X3; Inspire 1 with the X5; and Inspire 1 with the X5R. In each of these, the aircraft modules are the same - only the camera modules differ.
    Since the Inspire 1 cameras each contain their own internal image processing and firmware, then, as DJI Mindy suggests, you simply attach the camera and it will function. Updating the firmware is not necessary unless you want new features or bug fixes that each firmware upgrade introduces.
    When updating firmware, you use the firmware version that includes firmware for the attached camera. If you have multiple cameras such as the X3 and X5, then you upgrade with the first camera attached (say the X5) and you use the associated firmware for that camera (X5 download). The aircraft modules update the aircraft and the X5 modules update the camera. Then you power down and swap cameras. Now you update using the X3 camera firmware. Since the aircraft is already updated, those modules are bypassed and only the X3 camera is updated. (Battery firmware updates are very similar to camera updates)
    As often stated, upgrading firmware is always your choice depending on the benefits versus the risks. Always fly safely!!
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules