WiFi problem with Google Pixel
5871 16 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimbolgs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I recently bought a Spark and everything's working fine with my old iPhone 6, however, I'd like to use it with my (new) Google Pixel 2.

I've connected the Pixel to the Spark controller's WiFi sucessfully but then, when I launch DJI Go 4, it says it's not connected.

Any ideas or suggestions?
2018-2-6
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Just retrace your steps and link it mate
2018-2-6
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

You pixel has to be connected to the RC Wi-Fi and then after you turn on the spark, wait for the green light to appear on the RC and then when you open the app, give it about 20 seconds and you should see "go fly"
Happy flying!
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please tell me the color of the indicator of your RC. Did you try to reset the wifi? Please follow the video and see if it works.
2018-2-7
Use props
Jimbolgs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please see this video which demonstrates the problem (sorry it's not very clear):
2018-2-8
Use props
davidmiller
New

Pakistan

If you are on Verizon, I may just found the problem! For the past several months I too have had no ability to connect to WiFi without major problems. It would connect then disconnect over and over until I would turn off wifi. I just found Verizon security and protect app and disabled the WiFi security!!!! NOW PROBLEM FIXED!!!! Hope this helps!!!
2018-2-19
Use props
coconutpete
lvl.1

I recently got my DJI Spark and have a Google Pixel XL and am happy to report that so far I haven't had any problems.  It took me a few times to get the hang of everything, and now that I have, I decided to write up a tutorial on the topic.  The key seems to be putting your phone in Airplane mode and then clicking the WiFi icon before connecting to either your Spark or your remote control.

Here's the tutorial: http://www.multitopicblog.com/ho ... th-google-pixel-xl/
2018-4-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go to your Wifi settings and Forget the "Spark" connection. Then when you reconnect with 12341234 DON'T check the box that says "Remember this Network". Everytime I connect I have to wait until the notification pops that says "Wifi has no internet... connect anyway" and then say yes. It's a pain but I found that even if you say "Remember this network" it does NOT.
2018-4-9
Use props
13rovers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13766 ft
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 2018-4-9 23:20
Go to your Wifi settings and Forget the "Spark" connection. Then when you reconnect with 12341234 DON'T check the box that says "Remember this Network". Everytime I connect I have to wait until the notification pops that says "Wifi has no internet... connect anyway" and then say yes. It's a pain but I found that even if you say "Remember this network" it does NOT.

I have the original pixel and it took me a while to work out, but this is the only way it works for me.
2018-4-10
Use props
djiuser_ctHsTw8yhSm6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wow...I'm trying to set up my brand-new spark and this may solve my problems.  I could log on last night but not today.

Is this a compatibility issue??

And please reassure me that you can get good flying results (as I love my pixel too much to change it and I'm starting to get REALLY ANNOYED with DJI!) I'm really hoping I can sort this out as I've been wanting a drone for ages and thought my excellent pixel would be a good partner.
2018-4-10
Use props
djiuser_ctHsTw8yhSm6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update-- I did this and it worked! I'm relieved. I just did my first mini test flight.

Thank you all SO MUCH for sharing this.

So I'll have to 'forget' and re-log in every time but at least it works.

This should be reported to DJI as a known fault! And are there any other incompatibility issues we need to know about?
2018-4-10
Use props
Bacco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144446 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same problem here, must insert everytime the password in my pixel  but when I’m in my house wifi it switch correctly. PLEASE DJI FIX IT!
2018-4-25
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

djiuser_ctHsTw8yhSm6 Posted at 2018-4-10 08:50
Update-- I did this and it worked! I'm relieved. I just did my first mini test flight.

Thank you all SO MUCH for sharing this.

I don't think it is a DJI fault...   it sounds like the Pixel phone is not routing the network traffic correctly. When it gets the IP address and subnet from the RC it should then use that wifi connection for all traffic on that subnet...   it sounds like the pixel phone is determining 'no internet connection' and routing all ip traffic over the cellular network.   
2018-4-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I heard the Pixel has one of the best coverages for a smart device.
2018-4-25
Use props
tdantona
New
United States

GREAT call LouisP!

I got to thinking about the routing implications you bring up so tried putting my Pixel in AIRPLANE MODE and that immediately resolved the issue.

Given that my Phantom 3 is the ONLY WIFI network it is now routing the data.

2018-9-27
Use props
tdantona
New
United States

FOLLW-UP NOTE:

Once you initialize the firmware upgrade, DJI GO needs to download it.

I was able to switch my WIFI back to my local "home" WIFI without losing my place in the app then select Download (see photo)

Once the download completed I was able to switch my WIFI back to the drone (Phantom 3 in my case) then proceed with the patch.

Drone is successfully upgrading firmware and DJI Go is communicating with the Drone.

Just limit your connections to the Drone only = Airplane Mode and a WIFI connection to your Drone.

I hope this is useful to others!
2018-9-27
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69226 ft

I have the Pixel 2XL and it took me a bit to figure out but I realized when you get that pop up message that says "Wifi has no internet access Tap for Options" tapping it brings up an option to always allow or always connect.  Something like that.  When you ok that, then it connects every time without issue.  Now as soon as I turn on the drone and remote, it automatically switches to the remote and the app opens to go fly.  
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules