GCU for BMMCC
1225 5 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aalbatross
lvl.1

Australia

I know thre is a GCU for the BMPCC, so will it also work on a BMMCC ? Also, using this GCU, you mention in specs the only compatible lens to use is an OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f/2.0 . Is this going to be improved so a power zoom lens can be used ?

thanks
2018-2-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you mounting this on?
2018-2-8
Use props
aalbatross
lvl.1

Australia

s900 UAV, A2 and LB2
2018-2-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe the Olympus is the only “ supported” lense...I’ve seen guys use other lenses but had to counter balance the gimbal....might do a search on that...it was awhile back...if you try another lense and counter balance be very careful as the gimbal motors will burn up if not done right....maybe someone else who actually did that might pipe up..?
2018-2-10
Use props
aalbatross
lvl.1

Australia

ok, how wrong was I??? its an LB1 ...ffs...so now I got a Lumix lens with power zoom and continual focus. so half the problem is solved...
Question is now, do I go to A3 + LD2 or connex as Gremsy reccomends ??
2018-2-21
Use props
aalbatross
lvl.1

Australia

sooo. Im back with an update..got the BMMCC working with the Gremsy T1 by using a separate Futaba receiver. Works like a charm, super smooth pan and tilt.

Now the issues with the S900 and LB. What a pile of poo tickets... the LB system wont go more than 100 feet in range. Yes I checked the antennas, I use high gain on air and ground units. As I only have 1 video source, the BMMCC, I use the AV input on LB as the T1 wont talk to the LB via gimbal signal path.

So I go up to about 30M alt and I get signal break up on the monitor..severe break up and total loss of signal... what a piece of crap it is..

Flawed product. Needs a class action lawsuit now for false advertising/misleading promotion.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules