Zoom Slider
7296 15 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
h_adai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183842 ft
United States

Just got my OSMO Mobile 2... It seems to struggle with an iPhone 8+, but I guess that how it goes... Zoom slider does not seem to work.. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

2018-2-6
Use props
Tojofi
New

Canada

I just got mine too and had the same issue until I fully charged the OM2.
2018-2-6
Use props
h_adai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183842 ft
United States

after I power cycled OM2 and restarted the app, the zoom slider worked.. Hopefully, the next firmware update will fix the bugs..
2018-2-6
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Bear in mind that it is a digital zoom.

Digital zoom just crops the image, it is not a real zoom.  The more you zoom, the lower the quality will be.

It is better to add digital zoom, if you really want to use it, in post production.  That way you still have the full resolution video if you change your mind and you also have far more control as to which part of the frame is actually zoomed on, precisely how much and for how long, and can even pan within the zoom.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi h_adai, glad to know you figured out the issue, hope you have a great time with it, if there is any further problem, please keep us updated, thanks for your support to DJI product.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansa215ea27
lvl.2
Trinidad and Tobago

Where did you guys order the osmo mobile 2 from? Apple store or DJI store?
2018-2-7
Use props
djiuser_qS49g87bd08T
New

Malaysia

I just got my osmo mobile 2 too, and finally you have answered me why zoom in quality is such a bad thing, I thought is my phone camera issue. Anyway, what do you meant by adding digital zoom? Are you referring to those zoom lenses for mobile phones?
2018-3-13
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

fansa215ea27 Posted at 2018-2-7 07:11

I got mine form Apple.   Ordered online.  None of the stores here in the DFW area have them in stock.

Sid
2018-3-13
Use props
fansd227e7ce
New
Thailand

9245 Posted at 2018-2-6 21:58
Bear in mind that it is a digital zoom.

Digital zoom just crops the image, it is not a real zoom.  The more you zoom, the lower the quality will be.

The question asks about the zoom button not working.  You’re pointing out that digital zoom is digital.  Your answer is noise
2018-5-4
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa215ea27 Posted at 2018-2-7 07:11

I ordered from DJI store and had it in 10 days. I'm in the US and I've heard that European countries have been having much longer ship times.
2018-5-4
Use props
Paradise168
New
Hong Kong

Hi, is it after fully charge can use zoom slider? because i just try my new osmo mobile 2 the zoom slider unable to use
2018-10-2
Use props
Paradise168
New
Hong Kong

Hi, is it after fully charge can use zoom slider? because i just try my new osmo mobile 2 the zoom slider unable to use
2018-10-2
Use props
fans3cc95d33
New

United States

Zoom is not working on osmo 2
Fully charged and closed app and reopened
Still no good
2019-7-18
Use props
fans3cc95d33
New

United States

Zoom is not working on osmo 2
Fully charged and closed app and reopened
Still no good
2019-7-18
Use props
nathanski
lvl.1

Indonesia

hi everyone! i had an issue with the zoom on my osmo 2 and it's kind a strange since i didn't touch the zoom slide but it zoom out by itself.
I use iphone 11 pro, try it with my old iphone 8  and it still the same behavior. If anyone can help me out with this will be much appreciated!
Greeting from Bali!!
2020-6-10
Use props
Tiana
lvl.2

United States

The zoom slide not working on your iPhone 8? If it is the iPhone matter, you are suggested to force restart your device first or you could fix ios to normal free. During the process, you would not lose any data. Besides, you can also make your device fully charged and relaunch the app.
2021-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules