Mavic Air flashing yellow, even when all firmware updated
7445 15 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316 ft
United States

Hi, not sure why my mavic air is blinking yellow in the rear, like its updating firmware? But I have all the lastest firmware for my controller and drone. Now I cant even connect the drone nor controller to my macbook. It was flying fine before, now when i turn on the drone it goes straight to yellow fast blinking and the noise and air starts up? I have put a repair case on this hopefully everything can get fix. I will be shipping out the drone and controller to get them checked out. Any help for future diagnosis would be appreciated. Thank you
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

Not sure why its not letting me upload a video?

2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yellow typically means it is in opti mode and not GPS - using the sensors to orientate it's position - everything is fine but as you don't have a GPS lock it's best to either put the prop guards on you better still, take it outside and let it create a home point. When in P-GPS it will flash green.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, could the drone and controller be connected? Please try to link RC to see whether it helps.
If not, please kindly upload the video to Youtube or Dropbox, and share the link here, we'd like to look into it.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-7 05:15
Just to verify, could the drone and controller be connected? Please try to link RC to see whether it helps.
If not, please kindly upload the video to Youtube or Dropbox, and share the link here, we'd like to look into it.

Hi, the Yellow is blinking like a firmware update. Also my RC will not connect with the Drone anymore? If i can press the rear button and it beeps then i know it should connect to my RC. But in this case it does not, instead it just blink yellow flashes quickly and then the fan turns on. Sorry this is my first time using drop box not sure how this work, I have a video of it.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-7 05:15

Mavic air
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

click on the link "Mavic Air" and the video should show you Thank you
2018-2-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try re-linking the AC to the RC. I would try using method 2, half way through the video

2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 07:09
Try re-linking the AC to the RC. I would try using method 2, half way through the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

The problem is that when i press the rear of the drone and hold for 3-4 seconds, there is no beep that goes with it?
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 07:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

I just try both of these method and the RC will not connect, the Drone does not beep stating it is ready to link at all.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

Trying out the method above

The link above shows i try to press the rear but no beeps from the drone.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
United States

As you can see in the video it blink green for a moment? Not sure what that means, but holding the rear button on the drone does not make a beep what so ever. I open a repair case on this and will be shipping it UPS out today. Hopefully DJI will figure out what the problem is and why its not connecting to the RC or DJI GO 4.

Thank you for all the fast response, you guys are really on top of it.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansf66c4f70 Posted at 2018-2-7 08:43
As you can see in the video it blink green for a moment? Not sure what that means, but holding the rear button on the drone does not make a beep what so ever. I open a repair case on this and will be shipping it UPS out today. Hopefully DJI will figure out what the problem is and why its not connecting to the RC or DJI GO 4.

Thank you for all the fast response, you guys are really on top of it.

Since you had sent the drone in, we will help to take care of it. If there is a need, you can also leave us with your case number. Hope you can get the drone back soon.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf66c4f70 Posted at 2018-2-7 08:43
As you can see in the video it blink green for a moment? Not sure what that means, but holding the rear button on the drone does not make a beep what so ever. I open a repair case on this and will be shipping it UPS out today. Hopefully DJI will figure out what the problem is and why its not connecting to the RC or DJI GO 4.

Thank you for all the fast response, you guys are really on top of it.

Thanks for keeping us updated. The local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-2-9
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Normally yellow ligheans it's in wifi not in RC mode
2018-2-9
Use props
itsnoel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

my Air is doing this too... its new but i cant get it connected at all