How to download Video from internal memory (Mavic Air)
59623 25 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RC2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50335 ft
Hong Kong

How to download Video/Photo from internal memory the Mavic Air to PC ?
I've connected the Typc-C cable to the PC, and seems that the PC can't read the internal memory of the Mavic Air ...
2018-2-7
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

did you turn the power on in the drone?
2018-2-7
Use props
+RAY+
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96654 ft
Hong Kong

AIister Posted at 2018-2-7 02:43
did you turn the power on in the drone?

Hahahhahaa...nice
2018-2-7
Use props
RC2000
lvl.1
Hong Kong

The power is on of course... no responses ...
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

RC2000 Posted at 2018-2-7 03:47
The power is on of course... no responses ...

Which Windows version is it? Have you tried with another PC already? For me it works well. Looks like on yours the driver was not installed correctly.
2018-2-7
Use props
RC2000
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-7 04:12
Which Windows version is it? Have you tried with another PC already? For me it works well. Looks like on yours the driver was not installed correctly.

Win7, and you are right ... should be the driver problem.   Works fine in Mac.   Thanks.
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

RC2000 Posted at 2018-2-7 04:39
Win7, and you are right ... should be the driver problem.   Works fine in Mac.   Thanks.

You are welcome! :-)
2018-2-7
Use props
andym91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

I'm on Windows 10 and it recognized it as an additional drive. You may want to try unplugging it and plugging it back in while it's on. Worked for me.
2018-2-8
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't access the SD card. The Mavic Air is on. I am using a USB C cable, and using Windows 10. I hear the "ding" to know it's connected but nothing pops up. I have turned the Mavic Air on and off.

Why can't I access it ?
2018-2-10
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 2018-2-10 10:51
Can't access the SD card. The Mavic Air is on. I am using a USB C cable, and using Windows 10. I hear the "ding" to know it's connected but nothing pops up. I have turned the Mavic Air on and off.

Why can't I access it ?

I have the same problem. Computer makes the dink donk sound but does not see the SDC or the internal memory. It connects fine to the DJI assistant.
My dealer is going to send me another Bird as this one is suspected to be defective.
Man, it's good to deal with a reputable dealer and not have to send it off to DJI.
2018-2-10
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

No problem here. After connecting the drone with USB cable, I see the MicroSD card as a drive and the internal memory of MA as another drive.
2018-2-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-10 11:18
I have the same problem. Computer makes the dink donk sound but does not see the SDC or the internal memory. It connects fine to the DJI assistant.
My dealer is going to send me another Bird as this one is suspected to be defective.
Man, it's good to deal with a reputable dealer and not have to send it off to DJI.

OK. I'll join the growing crowd here of those affected. I'm having the same problem.

So, the Mavic is powered on, the USB -C is attached to his rear (gotta hurt), and USB-A inserted into Win 10 PC. Detected by the PC (dink donk), but no devices appear. Watching the device manager, it reports two DJI virtual devices and has an exclamation mark against the vision driver (which is interesting as I can calibrate visual sensors in Assistant 2 just fine), but no storage detected.
Assistant 2 can see the craft when started, but still doesn't appear in file explorer.

This surely can't be a hardware fault - there's too many reporting it - so I'm thinking there's something preventing seeing the storage (internal and SDCard). It's not Anti-virus, as I'm using Windows Defender. Both storage devices were formatted prior to use.

Any ideas team?
2018-2-11
Use props
fansca3efbc6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18041 ft
United States

Same here, I get the windows notification but no drive letter.

Original post was on 2/7  WTF DJI????????????
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansca3efbc6 Posted at 2018-2-15 15:01
Same here, I get the windows notification but no drive letter.

Original post was on 2/7  WTF DJI????????????

Hey, I've started a dedicated thread here if you'd like to track it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534

No answer so far, and DJI mods are quiet on it sadly. If I can't resolve it after this weekend, my Mavic is going back as DOA.
2018-2-15
Use props
Coordpoint
New

A general consideration is that the MA USB C is a high speed serial bus.  Therefore, you need to be plugging your USB connector into a USB 3 or higher (3.1/3/2) port in order to download anything.  
2018-7-27
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Coordpoint Posted at 2018-7-27 21:20
A general consideration is that the MA USB C is a high speed serial bus.  Therefore, you need to be plugging your USB connector into a USB 3 or higher (3.1/3/2) port in order to download anything.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip
2018-8-6
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Franco64 Posted at 2018-2-10 11:27
No problem here. After connecting the drone with USB cable, I see the MicroSD card as a drive and the internal memory of MA as another drive.

Exactly the same here....
2018-8-6
Use props
MiffedTristan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I also had the problem of the two drives being seen when connected via USB (with the drone on) but no access or 'insert disc into drive' error message. It appears that having DJI Assistant 2 also running locks access to the drives on the drone. When I exit DJI assistant, after a few seconds the drive appears open and accessible. I hope this helps.
2018-8-23
Use props
Slick1983
lvl.1
United States

Me, too.  Windows 10.  Turn off Assistant, My PC, open drives, one Mavic Air internal, other card, find vids & pics.  Done
2018-8-23
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

On a side note, it's a shame you need to power on the Mavic Air to get the drive to come up. Although it's not a frequent occurrence for me, in the odd occasion I have written to the internal storage, it would be nice to just plug it in without firing it up.
2018-8-23
Use props
Snoopyredbaron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12887 ft
Guatemala

Works fine to me in Mac with Assistant running
2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_oq8pdSs2HtVR
lvl.1

Greece

Hi guys, I had the same issue, try to connect to a non-USB3 port. You heard it right. A USB2 port is likely to work, like in my case!!

Best
Dimitrios
2018-12-11
Use props
djiuser_prgOXEvBJeHG
New

Puerto Rico

Hi, Im also facing the same issue. Im using a Macbook Pro (Catalina) and a Mavic Air 2. Also tried with the virtual windows but it didnt work. Thanks in advance!
2020-6-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-23 04:06
On a side note, it's a shame you need to power on the Mavic Air to get the drive to come up. Although it's not a frequent occurrence for me, in the odd occasion I have written to the internal storage, it would be nice to just plug it in without firing it up.

How on earth is the internal storage going to receive power unless you power up the aircraft?
2020-6-19
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

I assert that you don't need a UBS3 port to connect to internal memory, it only has impact on transfer speed.

For debugging  right click "This PC", select "Manage" and go to "Disk Management", see if the internal memory 8GB and your SD-card are appearing there

If yes and they don't have a drive letter you can assign one, if you can't right click on one "Properties" > "Hardware", you should see "Linux file-stor gadget usb device", click "properties">"driver">"update driver"

if no in computer management go to "Device Manager" and see if any unrecognized devices are showing up, and right click them to install driver

If nothing of the above helps you can format the SD card from the app, or pull the SD card out and plug it in a PC to see if it works

Safe flights
2020-6-20
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

powered, it works, connected, into my phone usbC into usbC, so get that cable having usbC and cellphone gender needed
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules