Mavic AIR - processor chip overheated
1234Next >
40197 125 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Despotes
lvl.1

United States

I'm curious about this too. It's common enough.
2018-3-29
Use props
JujuFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48323 ft
Philippines

Same issue here on 2018 04 03 during a trip in the Phillippines. The unit was in a 26 degrees room all jight long and not starting in the morning. So disappointed if this is a factory defect. My inspire 1 pro was a disappointment... don't tell me the mavic air will be as well!
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. If the cooling fan working normally, but you still get the error message "processor chip overheated". Please connect your drone with DJI Assistant 2 and export the system log to us for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-2
Use props
fans5eef4856
lvl.1
United States

Hey you guys I had the same problem I fly many DJI Drones for years hear me out I solved it.... This is what happened no joke I put in a request to send back to DJI for repair or replacement. The day before I send back I turned it on one more time to see if it would work because honestly just like all of you here I barely used this MAVIC AIR and it started to overheat processor. The reason is that the FAN is not turning on anymore its stuck so therefore your drone is not getting air to cool down so the drone can take off and not have any problems.

SOLVED: This is what I did... First turn on your drone let the red lights come on with the error. Then I started hitting the TOPSIDE with the palm of my hand where all the heat is coming from. What did it is I turned the drone upside down and hit it on the palm of my hand pretty hard the RED Lights immediately turned off and went yellow the fan kicked in loudly after. I then let it sit for a while the initial error went away. I turned the drone off and on the fan is working the error is officially gone. So I suggest hit the TOP SIDE of your drone the opposite side of the camera. This is where all the heat was coming from with my drone and this is the fan I think is located. For whatever reason the fan is not kicking on and it needs come banging. Id rather do this if i'm traveling and such don't have time to send it back sometimes these highend electronics need some banging around to come back to life.
2018-4-5
Use props
fans59dab798
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5043 ft

Yep, just had same problem in Iceland. Left my Inspire home and took the Magic Air, second flight Microprocessor over heating and would not fly. Just sending mine back to WEX photography where i bought it from.!!
2018-4-10
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

I should use the MA a lot so in order to see if there's the same issue also on my own MA...the last days I had several times error on compass calibration..quite strange because I had nothing near but...I will follow the issue.
2018-4-10
Use props
fans90e70dcf
New

Same problem
2018-4-16
Use props
Gabriel Torres
New

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-8 02:56
Dear Kacers,
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Do you have any case number that you can provide? If so, and at your convenience, please kindly provide us with it. We will check and feedback the latest progress.

Mavic processor chip overheated from sitting on for a little while , while adjusting my camera settings! Now what!?
2018-4-16
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Following ...
2018-4-16
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Check the button of top surface after removed the battery. That’s the hottest place after flight. The top side of battery also became quite hot in sometime. The heat should come from the processor on there. The top surface of aircraft is separate with cooling air flow and won’t be too hot.
2018-4-16
Use props
Gabriel Torres
New

Just sent my Mavic Air to DJI I called and complained to the stars no reason why we should have to take 13 steps to get a shipping label! They sent me a shipping label via email today at 2 pm and I shipped it back to them just the drone.
Now let’s see how long it takes resolve
2018-4-16
Use props
fans89e51086
New

Same happen to me. Never flown once!!!  Right out of the box fan not working shutting off and boramoter not working. Wow not used once
2018-4-28
Use props
TropicDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137789 ft
Réunion

Having same problem too ! Fan not working.  Overheating message
10 flight only !!
Poor fan quality ?
The Mavic Air refuse to fly.!!
2018-4-29
Use props
Bomac
New
United States

Hi! I'm another tragic overheated processor victim.

Was in Hawaii from April 17-24

Was able to use my drone in Maui from April 17-19 (removed the memory card to transfer my files so I can start fresh on another island)

Turned on my drone in Oahu (april 21) then Bam! could not take off due to:

* Processor Overheat
* Barometer failure

Could not do anything with my drone for the rest of trip.

Called DJI when I got back in the main land. Gave me a case number and instructions to ship my drone to them. At this point they will not know if I will need to pay for the warranty work or if they will shoulder it.

Just really disappointing that I could not use my drone for the whole trip. I bought the drone for this vacation. I hope they fix it.
2018-4-29
Use props
eug3
lvl.1
Philippines

I just experienced it today. Flew fine for a few minutes, packed it up and moved to another location an hour away, got that message the moment i connected my phone/controller. There definitely has to be a bad batch out there.

Very frustrating, I missed lots of shots at a place I probably will never visit again. DJI was a real letdown this time.
2018-5-1
Use props
TropicDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137789 ft
Réunion

Just upload the new firmware this morning and now the fan come alive !!
dji you make me crazy... hope everything will works fine now.
2018-5-3
Use props
Bomac
New
United States

Bomac Posted at 2018-4-29 10:38
Hi! I'm another tragic overheated processor victim.

Was in Hawaii from April 17-24

I got my new replacement MA! Thanks DJI support for the help.

I sent my unit May 1st (literally at 4PM)
Got an email the next day about receiving it.
Got another email mid day about testing
Got another email before EOD for confirming issue
May 3rd they shipped out the replacement with tracking number
May 4th EOD via UPS my new Drone in my hands.

Hands down fastest turn around. DJI shouldered the issue because to faulty CPU.

Cant wait to fly and film again. DJI deserves the kudos! Thank you for taking care of me.  
2018-5-5
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135689 ft
Spain

Same issue today. Cpu overheatet warning. Fan is not running.. :-(
Restart, replace of battery, nothing helps. So sad, i am on the trip of my live and now this..
;-(
After one week of flying every day..
Capture+_2018-05-08-15-59-44.png
2018-5-8
Use props
MARZOTRECE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2402 ft
Philippines

What happened next? Did you have DJi repair it or replace? My Mavic Air with overheating issue is still with them. I do not have any progress report yet until now.
2018-5-10
Use props
fanse1adbd18
New
Curaçao

Got same issue yesterday with my Mavic Air, unit flew for like a month. yesterday I wanted to test indoor flying. it took off ok. i landed it. and wanted to get it back in the air. then i got the Overheating warning. after that i was unable to take off anymore. I live in the Caribbean, so my best option might be to sent it to Netherlands for repair??, that would take alot. , reading all the comments i'm so disappointed in the product.
2018-5-12
Use props
Jurgenvd
New
Flight distance : 20581 ft
Malaysia

Same issue happened to me last week on Holiday in Bali, i could have made so much nice footage but couldn't do anything.
2018-5-15
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Germany

Hi DJI
One week before i sent a error report because my fan is not running anymore...
No answer until now. :-(
I bought the drone here in switzerland in a store. then i lost the drone in thailand and i bought a new one directly with the DJI support.
What i have to do now? bringing the drone to the local dealer?
Thanks for help!
Raini
2018-5-15
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Germany

Any idea what to do?
2018-5-16
Use props
djiuser_oENTHAX7NMVR
New

Mexico

hello friends, i have the same problem, after uptate the last firmware mi mavic air no take out, the fan no start, and the message of chip procesador overheating is allways on.
i can fly it only once , any have new for this ? thanks.
irving1504@gmail.com   
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_tcSiLftcvQ8n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78130 ft
Thailand

the same problem my mavic air..please help erdalagel@gmail.com
2018-5-23
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Germany

Sent Mavic to the Dealer one week before. Still no answer :-(
2018-5-28
Use props
Animationdave
New
South Africa

fans5eef4856 Posted at 2018-4-5 11:16
Hey you guys I had the same problem I fly many DJI Drones for years hear me out I solved it.... This is what happened no joke I put in a request to send back to DJI for repair or replacement. The day before I send back I turned it on one more time to see if it would work because honestly just like all of you here I barely used this MAVIC AIR and it started to overheat processor. The reason is that the FAN is not turning on anymore its stuck so therefore your drone is not getting air to cool down so the drone can take off and not have any problems.

SOLVED: This is what I did... First turn on your drone let the red lights come on with the error. Then I started hitting the TOPSIDE with the palm of my hand where all the heat is coming from. What did it is I turned the drone upside down and hit it on the palm of my hand pretty hard the RED Lights immediately turned off and went yellow the fan kicked in loudly after. I then let it sit for a while the initial error went away. I turned the drone off and on the fan is working the error is officially gone. So I suggest hit the TOP SIDE of your drone the opposite side of the camera. This is where all the heat was coming from with my drone and this is the fan I think is located. For whatever reason the fan is not kicking on and it needs come banging. Id rather do this if i'm traveling and such don't have time to send it back sometimes these highend electronics need some banging around to come back to life.

ha ha
I Had same overheating issue after like 5 flights. was about to send drone back.
Tried this method and the fan started immediately.
Can't wait to fly again.
thanks
Caveman methodology rules
2018-6-5
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Germany

Sent Mavic back to repair tree weeks before. Still no answer :-(

If the issue appears in every time, please kindly export the flight  logs(tick all modules) for analysis, thanks!
Yes, i did this tree weeks before, twice! But now Answer from DIJ

2018-6-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like and engeering problem related to the fan.. dji best fix this issue.  

My mavic Pro fan is loud and annoying but never overheats, I’m not gunna be buying a broken mavic air.  Seems a common issue.
2018-6-5
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Germany

Now i got news from the dealer. The drone is in the service center and they told me it would take at least two weeks more.  

2018-6-5
Use props
dumalem
lvl.1
Romania

Hi all

On more case at my end. It lasted just one week and about 10 flights.
Had very good flight while it lasted, but really, how can it break down for all of us so early.
Then, in the middle of my holiday in Greece, got the overheating error, couldn't hear the fan anymore and couldn't take off.
Turned it off and just brought it to my DJI dealer when I came back home.
Useless to descrie my frustration that half of  my vacation I couldn't use it. Same as with others, that was the main reason I bought it.

From the number of cases on this thread only, this is definitely a tech/design issue with the fan.
I can't believe DJi didn't post any offcial feedback for such a frequent problem.
For such highly priced product this is not acceptable.
Usually DJI should be thankful for all this field testing of their unfinished product, improve the fan and simply voluntary upgrade all teh affected generation of Mavic airs.
Without that, I think DJI will have a serious brand issue.
It's  a pitty as I was impressed of the drone while it lasted.
Even if I get a new one back, I'm worried that it may run in the same issue again and maybe during another vacation, exactly when I need it.

I read Parrot just released a Mavic AIr competitor. Thinking of asking for a refund and buying a non DJI one.

Thanks and hope somebody from DJI reads all our feedback
2018-6-7
Use props
alwin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 326302 ft
United Kingdom

i got volcanic dust in mine, so i took off top shell, now this is gonna sound crazy, but after trying this on an old but working hard driv e, i blew out my fan with butane gas, the one to fill up lighters, i then left it for it all to evaporate, then started it up, and all is fine now
2018-6-9
Use props
Johnny_skf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2680 ft

I can see that many users having the same issues with mine.

Mine case is worse.
Latest firmware updated for Mavic Air and RC.
Fully new charged battery.
I didn’t install propeller guard because I was planning to fly my Mavic Air near to me.

Connected to RC.
Aircraft ready to fly in good condition.
Launched my Mavic air in the air about 5m height and 4m distance from me.
Activated smart capture mode and put my RC down on the floor.
Practicing the gesture control with my Mavic Air.
After a while playing with it, I let my Mavic Air hovered in the air.
Suddenly, my Mavic Air turned itself, hovered higher and flied away so fast.

I grabbed my RC immediately and tried to control my Mavic Air with joystick, but no response.
But the time I tried to press pause button, my Mavic Air already crashed onto the ground.

I picked up my Mavic Air and checked it:
1.        Aircraft already turned off.
2.        Top shell scratched and very hot.
3.        All the propellers damaged.
4.        Rear grey cover (with DJI logo) scratched.
5.        Small crack line at the frame near the bar code sticker.
6.        RC stated Mavic Air: Processor chip overheated.

I turned on my Mavic Air and I noticed that the fan is not working.
I cannot fly my Mavic Air anymore.
I just bought it for 5 days only.
I fly it for 29 minutes only.

Goggle around today.  Found out that, Mavic Air fan will be malfunctioned if:
1.        Heavy dust is sucked into it.
2.        Small particle (like sand) is sucked into it.
3.        No cleaning is done for the fan after flying for a while.
4.        The suction filter is blocked.

To open the top shell for fan inspection or cleaning, you need to open two screws beside the camera gimbal which are glued by DJI for warranty void detection.

I will send my Mavic Air to my DJI dealer tomorrow for checking.
Hopefully, DJI will replace a new Mavic Air for me.
But, I think it is impossible for DJI to replace a new Mavic Air for me.
They sure will emphasize that the crashed damage is due to no propeller guard installation or less user experience issue.
If DJI won’t replace new Mavic Air or charge me for the repair fee, this is the last drone I buy from DJI.
DJI so called The World Leader in Camera Drones. I thought Mavic Air which is the latest drone launched by DJI is the best foldable drone equipped with latest DJI drone features and technology by fixing previous drone problems and weaknesses.
I really never expect such expensive and defected drone design can be officially launched for public.
One more issue for Mavic Air is the ATTI Mode which had crashed many aircraft into sea or jungle in open space. Some Mavic Air went missing in ATTI Mode.
That makes me so scare to fly my Mavic Air into higher height.

2018-6-10
Use props
hovch
New
Flight distance : 8658 ft
Armenia

hi, i have the same issue.
after few flights chip is overheated and the fun did not work.

I'm located in Armenia, and its heavy to send back my drone.

Is there any new updates for firmware to fixing that problem??

#DJI #MAVIC #AIR #SUPPORT
2018-6-11
Use props
fans36b3337c
New

fans5eef4856 Posted at 2018-4-5 11:16
Hey you guys I had the same problem I fly many DJI Drones for years hear me out I solved it.... This is what happened no joke I put in a request to send back to DJI for repair or replacement. The day before I send back I turned it on one more time to see if it would work because honestly just like all of you here I barely used this MAVIC AIR and it started to overheat processor. The reason is that the FAN is not turning on anymore its stuck so therefore your drone is not getting air to cool down so the drone can take off and not have any problems.

SOLVED: This is what I did... First turn on your drone let the red lights come on with the error. Then I started hitting the TOPSIDE with the palm of my hand where all the heat is coming from. What did it is I turned the drone upside down and hit it on the palm of my hand pretty hard the RED Lights immediately turned off and went yellow the fan kicked in loudly after. I then let it sit for a while the initial error went away. I turned the drone off and on the fan is working the error is officially gone. So I suggest hit the TOP SIDE of your drone the opposite side of the camera. This is where all the heat was coming from with my drone and this is the fan I think is located. For whatever reason the fan is not kicking on and it needs come banging. Id rather do this if i'm traveling and such don't have time to send it back sometimes these highend electronics need some banging around to come back to life.

this method worked for me as well.  first, i used a can of compressed air for keyboards to clean any dust. and tapped the top cover.
2018-6-15
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Some people seem to report this issue after travelling, I wonder if the vibration from a long flight or changes in air pressure exacerbate the problem. Another, maybe separate theme is people having it happen when they use active modes or gesture control. I wonder if those modes require a lot of image processing putting extra stress on the processor which then overheats due to higher than normal loads. It sounds like some of these cases are fans that get stuck or get dust or dirt in them, some though sound like maybe the heatsink paste that is used to seal the heatsink and fan to the processor is not present or not making good contact.
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

cspain Posted at 2018-6-15 19:47
Some people seem to report this issue after travelling, I wonder if the vibration from a long flight or changes in air pressure exacerbate the problem. Another, maybe separate theme is people having it happen when they use active modes or gesture control. I wonder if those modes require a lot of image processing putting extra stress on the processor which then overheats due to higher than normal loads. It sounds like some of these cases are fans that get stuck or get dust or dirt in them, some though sound like maybe the heatsink paste that is used to seal the heatsink and fan to the processor is not present or not making good contact.

Can't see vibrations from traveling.  A stretch, but could see how changes in air pressure might cause a slight separation between processor chip, thermal paste, and heat-sink.
2018-6-15
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102638 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've sent my Mavic Air for repair too. Sometimes the fan didn't start and the CPU Overheat message appeared. I think the fan propeller has not enough space in its metal housing or the tolerances are too small. I had the problem right out of the box while trying to update the firmware. The update process didnt finish because of overheating so I had to do it again.  I solved this for some moments by knocking on the top of the drone while the red light appeared, but now even this method isn't successfull. I hope they replace it with a new designed fan, otherwise the problem appears again I think.
2018-6-16
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-15 20:10
Can't see vibrations from traveling.  A stretch, but could see how changes in air pressure might cause a slight separation between processor chip, thermal paste, and heat-sink.

You could be right. I like to try and find patterns in these stories as well as the ones where people crash, so I make wild guesses sometimes
2018-6-16
Use props
Raini
lvl.2
Germany

The drone is still in the service center and still no response.. :-(
2018-6-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now