1234Next >
40107 125 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kacers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159613 ft
Germany

Hello, am I alone with this issue, or is here somebody with the same problem ?
My overheating issue starts with the gestures mode activation - 40s after the gesture mode actiovation I have recieved the Alert (yellow one), that the My Mavic Air starts to be overheated - outside temperature was around 5°C - (Warning ! Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft is controlling its power conspumption and will initiate RTH.)

After the landing i received tha warning again (red one) - (Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds)

Since this time I am not able to take off with my Mavic (It was the 4th flight) - I will recieve this warning all the time after turn on of the aircraft (max in 1 minute after turn on).

Is here somebody, with Mavic air with the same problem ?

2018-2-7
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like the cooling fan is NOT working? If so you could try a little blast of canned, compressed air to jump start it... sometimes these tiny fans get a little piece of something caught in them from manufacturing ....
2018-2-7
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Germany

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-2-7 03:42
Sounds like the cooling fan is NOT working? If so you could try a little blast of canned, compressed air to jump start it... sometimes these tiny fans get a little piece of something caught in them from manufacturing ....

Nono,  the fan is working correctly. The first speed (lower speed) starts approx 20s after turn on of the aircraft, second gear (faster speed) starts approx 40s after turn on.
2018-2-7
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kacers Posted at 2018-2-7 03:46
Nono,  the fan is working correctly. The first speed (lower speed) starts approx 20s after turn on of the aircraft, second gear (faster speed) starts approx 40s after turn on.

Does it feel hot to the touch? If so,start the RMA process, box it up and send it back to DJI. You could try refreshing the firmware...
2018-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should return, this is not acceptable.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too would return it!
2018-2-7
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, especially given the outdoor temp
2018-2-7
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Germany

Yes, I am going to return it - I have already done it - now it is on the way to the DJI service center in Netherland.

I just wanted to ask, If I am alone, or not Because I have had my Mavic Air in the air only for 3 times without problem, the 4th flight this error occured. From unboxing till this error has passed 26 hours

So I am a little bit sad I was looking forward to being a little boy..

2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It must be defective. Unpleasant as it is I join all others with the recommendation to open a support case and return it once you get the shipping label.
2018-2-7
Use props
AM0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

It could be a poorly installed heat sink on processor, or not enough thermal paste for example...
It looks like it has a big heat sink attached to the chip:
https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/d ... ardown-whats-inside
2018-2-7
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Germany

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-2-7 03:52
Does it feel hot to the touch? If so,start the RMA process, box it up and send it back to DJI. You could try refreshing the firmware...

For the touch it is not overheated - it is warm, but nothing strange.
Let´s say that the temperature of the case is same, as I had on my Spark..
2018-2-7
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Touching it may be a moot point as the tear down shown plastic as the top cover and guess a smal Air gap. Can you get a temp gun onto the outlet to measure temps for the vent? Someone who has an air could do the same and indicate what a normal temp of the outlet air will be
2018-2-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

If the heatsink / cooler does not have a good contact with the CPU you won't notice much on the outside.....
2018-2-7
Use props
Tweak88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176096 ft
United States

Following this...............
2018-2-7
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you get your new Mavic Air back soon....
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear Kacers,
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Do you have any case number that you can provide? If so, and at your convenience, please kindly provide us with it. We will check and feedback the latest progress.
Thank you in advance.
2018-2-8
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-8 02:56
Dear Kacers,
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Do you have any case number that you can provide? If so, and at your convenience, please kindly provide us with it. We will check and feedback the latest progress.

Hello, thank for answer -> PM
2018-2-8
Use props
c2XBLy5mxvHf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44117 ft
Argentina

Exactly the same issue with my Mavic Air.  Worked fine at home for a couple of flights.  Took it on holiday to Argentina and I cant fly because it tells me the processor chip is overheated.  I only just turned the battery on so certainly not overheated.  Sounds as this could be problem with early production MAVIC Air.  Very disappointed.  
2018-2-10
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Czechia

c2XBLy5mxvHf Posted at 2018-2-10 11:36
Exactly the same issue with my Mavic Air.  Worked fine at home for a couple of flights.  Took it on holiday to Argentina and I cant fly because it tells me the processor chip is overheated.  I only just turned the battery on so certainly not overheated.  Sounds as this could be problem with early production MAVIC Air.  Very disappointed.

Hmmm, good news for me - I am “happy”, that I am not alone with this issue, but bad news for us..
I am looking forward for some answer of DJI service..
2018-2-11
Use props
fans291e1708
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15049 ft
Norway

Also exactly the same issue with my Mavic Air.  Worked fine at home for a couple of short test flights.  Took it on holiday to Norway and I can't fly because it tells me the CPU is overheated. The fan is not starting anymore, so I think this is the cause.
2018-2-16
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Czechia

fans291e1708 Posted at 2018-2-16 10:50
Also exactly the same issue with my Mavic Air.  Worked fine at home for a couple of short test flights.  Took it on holiday to Norway and I can't fly because it tells me the CPU is overheated. The fan is not starting anymore, so I think this is the cause.

Interesting - I also took my mavic on holiday and since that it stopped working.. maybe do not like flying in different locations )
3 same problems and all of us took the mavic to the holiday.. hope, that you enjoyed holiday more than me - I had to thinking about this issue all the time)
2018-2-16
Use props
mich75
lvl.2
Norway

Kacers Posted at 2018-2-16 11:23
Interesting - I also took my mavic on holiday and since that it stopped working.. maybe do not like flying in different locations )
3 same problems and all of us took the mavic to the holiday.. hope, that you enjoyed holiday more than me - I had to thinking about this issue all the time)

Just switched it on again. Now I get even more warnings, data error flight controller, barometer not working,...
That's it, Mavic Air will go back to DJI right after my return home. Never ever...
2018-2-17
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Would like to know the outcome of this, hopefully you won’t have to wait to long....
2018-2-17
Use props
cliffordweiner
New

Philippines

I have exactly the same issue or similar issue just popped up today. All firmware is updated. No crash flights nothing. Message is now "Processor Overheated", then got "Air Encoder Error, "Camera Error", "Barometer Error" - very sad...nothing works anymore on this rather pricy new piece of tech. when it worked it was great, but that is sadly only for a total of 35 Flights altogether 4H 21Min. Hope the DJI support will fix this...
2018-2-18
Use props
Rory Hussey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44117 ft
Argentina

This sounds a design fault with the MaVIC Air.  I hope DJI are reading these complaints. I have asked for a replacement. Not sure I want another until this is fixed.
2018-2-20
Use props
mich75
lvl.2
Germany

Rory Hussey Posted at 2018-2-20 14:49
This sounds a design fault with the MaVIC Air.  I hope DJI are reading these complaints. I have asked for a replacement. Not sure I want another until this is fixed.

I sent my Mavic Air back to my official DJI dealer. And they sent it directly to DJI for inspection. I hope I get my new Mavic Air soon. But I think it takes at least several weeks... so unhappy about the poor quality of such an high-priced product!
If anyone from DJI reads these complaints... the least DJI should do is think about some kind of compensation, as I (and others too) couldn't really use it while I was on vacation (which was the main purchase reason for me) and still won't be able to use it for an indefinite  time... :-(
2018-2-21
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Germany

My problem was solved - I recieved the new mavic ) But still don´t now the rootcause..
2018-2-26
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Glad you got it back.  What was the turnaround time for the replacement to get back to you?  Looking at the post dates it seems it is 7th to the 27th, so almost three weeks? I have the same issue, so wondering how long I have to wait before I can get up in the air again.
2018-2-27
Use props
Kacers
lvl.2
Germany

PUMMY Posted at 2018-2-27 11:17
Glad you got it back.  What was the turnaround time for the replacement to get back to you?  Looking at the post dates it seems it is 7th to the 27th, so almost three weeks? I have the same issue, so wondering how long I have to wait before I can get up in the air again.

Hello, I put the MA to the Dji Store on Tuesday 6th and received them back on Monday 26th..
So as you wrote - 20 day.. Not so fast ... but i could be worse..
2018-2-27
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Send it back for a new one
2018-2-28
Use props
Duncan77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3701 ft
United Kingdom

Yesterday I got this same error, it has been flying great for the last month when suddenly I took it out of my bag to take a couple of shots and I got this error

The Mavic Air was cold, not been flown at all that day
It's never been crashed
Never been banged
Always updated to the latest firmware

Things I tried to fix it
Reinstalled the app
Reinstalled firmware on the Air
Sprayed air into the aircraft to make sure it's not a bit of grit/dust stuck in the fan
Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes and it started perfectly for 30 seconds until it warmed up, so I'm thinking it's definitely the fan

It's going back to DJI tomorrow, let's see what they say,

How many others have had this problem?

2018-3-5
Use props
fans8bb7def5
New
Australia

Duncan77 Posted at 2018-3-5 14:56
Yesterday I got this same error, it has been flying great for the last month when suddenly I took it out of my bag to take a couple of shots and I got this error

The Mavic Air was cold, not been flown at all that day

I've got the same thing happening.

I've had it a week, and flown it a six times. Then I let it do a firmware update and now it's overheating with no fan sound. Perhaps the firmware update has killed it. It overheats immediately so if another update comes out that might fix it I won't be able to apply it.

It was fun for the very short time it lasted. Now I have a very expensive lump of useless plastic accompanying me on a trip through the Australia outback

I'll take it back to the shop when I get home.
2018-3-6
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Fiji

I have the same problem. Flew fine for a couple of days and all of a sudden I get cpu overheat and barometer error. DJI, is there any fix?? I'm on a month long trip, bringing along the drone for the first time and ONLY HAVING PROBLEMS. First it wouldn't link with the rc after switching to wifi mode (see forum), now just a couple of days later this happens. I'm loosing the patience here. Now I'm carrying around this piece of plastic for absolutely nothing and missing all the shots I wanted.

UNBELIEAVABLE DJI. I am so disappointed!! I demand a compensation and if this can't be fixed I'll return this buggy piece of plastic.

And no, it doesn't help if you tell me to send it in for repair, also I don't have a computer nor good internet to redownload tons of data because I'm on a freaking tropical island!

Update:
Removing the mavic air battery for an hour or so seemed to temporarly resolve the issue. I wonder what's coming next..not trusting this thing anymore :/
2018-3-6
Use props
fansac77dfbb
lvl.1
Indonesia

I got this issue fixed (probably temporarily) by turning my Mavic Air, connecting it to DJI remote and putting it in my refrigerator for ~5 minutes. Somehow after that the fan started kicking in.

I hope you guys can get the issue fixed too,
2018-3-16
Use props
fansc9a61fe4
New

Austria

I have the same issue and just contacted the support. Not so happy about this.
2018-3-18
Use props
djiuser_HEdaldDJc9Kt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152119 ft
United States

Having same problem too. Fan not working. Just 2 weeks old. Has anyone found a fix???
2018-3-24
Use props
fans7998a496
New

Namibia

Do we have a sulotion for the processor overheat issue?
2018-3-24
Use props
djiuser_HEdaldDJc9Kt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152119 ft
United States

Becoming too common for comfort!
2018-3-24
Use props
FadyHamouda
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Dear DJI Support Team,

It's seems that there is a design malfunction for the Mavic air Fan, as we are not alone here! all overheating processor as the fan not starting! you need to take further action and advise us what to do with this! it’s part of your responsibilities otherwise you will not get any customer trusting any of DJI products. What to do with this issue, we all need explanation, WHY THE FAN NOT STARTING? it’s not an individual case, mine stopped as well , no accidents, nothing just landed it to replace the battery and here you go received the red alert and I can’t fly the MAVIC AIR anymore !
2018-3-24
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

It’s claimed by DJI staff that this overheating issue is not common.

Seems not so.

Can DJI staff please voice out here.
2018-3-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules