Can’t Calibrating vision sensor with DJI go app
8237 18 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jinxie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3415 ft

Sweden

Hi. I have a big problem, got an error massage, saying I have to calibrate vision censors, but when I try to do it in the DJI go4 app it’s fails over and over, have tried now for about one hour with no luck.  
I have seen you can do it on a Mac computer, with the DJI assistant. But I don’t have a Mack computer.  Canary one please help. I’m getting quit frustrated

2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use DJI Assistant 2
2018-2-7
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

A CW Posted at 2018-2-7 05:55
Use DJI Assistant 2

I can’t get in to the assistant.  
2018-2-7
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

Jinxie Posted at 2018-2-7 06:03
I can’t get in to the assistant.

It seems like it can’t find my Mavic Pro. It’s just keep saying “chose a divice.  “
I have newer train the assistant before.
But I can see I’m logged in. So hog I can’t connect to the Mavic with the assistant.
2018-2-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jinxie Posted at 2018-2-7 06:10
It seems like it can’t find my Mavic Pro. It’s just keep saying “chose a divice.  “
I have newer train the assistant before.
But I can see I’m logged in. So hog I can’t connect to the Mavic with the assistant.

You need to turn the Mavic on, for it to be recognised
2018-2-7
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 06:22
You need to turn the Mavic on, for it to be recognised

Yes I have done that. The Mavic and the controller is on. But it can’t find the Mavic.  
Do I have to do it trough a usb cable?  
2018-2-7
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Jinxie Posted at 2018-2-7 06:35
Yes I have done that. The Mavic and the controller is on. But it can’t find the Mavic.  

"USB cable"?
Yes you do.
2018-2-7
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

Also, also: be sure that you do the calibration using the native monitor on the computer (i.e., NOT using a connected external monitor, say, connected to a laptop). If you do have an external monitor, you must disconnect it from your system, run Assistant 2, connect the A/C with a USB cable, and do the calibration on the PC's monitor. Finally, when you DO do the calibration, make sure you hold the A/C in the same place and angle it to point it at the moving target on the screen, do not move the A/C around to capture the target.
2018-2-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jinxie Posted at 2018-2-7 06:35
Yes I have done that. The Mavic and the controller is on. But it can’t find the Mavic.  

You need to follow this process to get to the DJI Assistant 2 - calibration section

then the calibration process is very similiar to the Mavic Pro, I'm sure you can work it out.

2018-2-7
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 07:01
You need to follow this process to get to the DJI Assistant 2 - calibration section

Thank you so much for your replay. I’m quite new to this so I thought that I was Abel to use the assistant like I use the go app with out a usb connection.  
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear Jinxie, Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Yes, If you have failed to calibrate the vision system with the APP, you can use the DJI Assistant 2 to get this done.
And you can take the video from 9# into reference. Hope it helps.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2018-2-8
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-8 02:01
Yes, If you have failed to calibrate the vision system with the APP, you can use the DJI Assistant 2 to get this done.

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will try to do it, as the moment I don’t have a pc, only an iPad, so I have to wait until I get an pc.  
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jinxie Posted at 2018-2-8 02:15
Thank you so much for your reply.  I will try to do it, as the moment I don’t have a pc, only an iPad, so I have to wait until I get an pc.

Good, and we hope that you calibrate the Vision System via DJI Assistant 2 first to ensure the full functions of the drone. If there is a need, you can refer to the tutorial below.  
2018-2-9
Use props
Jase Teo
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi everyone,
I tried using assistant 2. Followed all methods…
- Use latest firmware updates
- Reduce laptop resolution to 1280x720 (and all other settings)
- Reboot PC umpteen times
- Plug in USB after turning on Mavic Pro

All shown same error. Asked me to reboot aircraft.
The dotted screen never appear on my laptop which runs on Window 10 and my laptop was very new.
So alternatively…
I try on my DJI Go 4 App on my phone … but…
Where the hell is the vision sensor calibration settings?

I can't even find it, scrolling & search in the DJI Go App on the phone. Connected and can start flying. All I want to do is to calibrate the sensor as warned by my DJI Go 4 App.
But where is the settings?
Would appreciate someone could give a solution to my problem. Quite headache indeed… Thank you.
2018-12-30
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

One of the main issues with connecting a Mavic of any kind to a Mac and not having Assistant 2 see it, is because you may have the application firewall enabled on your Mac, under System Preferences -> Security, Firewall tab. Try disabling it if turned on, then try turning Assistant 2 on again, then with the drone turned on, connect it to your Mac, it “should” be recognized this time.

Good luck!
2018-12-30
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

EdisonW1979 Posted at 12-30 23:54
One of the main issues with connecting a Mavic of any kind to a Mac and not having Assistant 2 see it, is because you may have the application firewall enabled on your Mac, under System Preferences -> Security, Firewall tab. Try disabling it if turned on, then try turning Assistant 2 on again, then with the drone turned on, connect it to your Mac, it “should” be recognized this time.

Good luck!

It is not just that... the problem is, that DJI drivers (in this case to calibrate the vision sensors using (the latest version of DJI assistant 2 for the aircraft you are using) are not digitally signed.This means that you need to re-start your Windows 10 PC in such a way that you can install the DJI drivers first. After that it all works fine!
Search on Google how to re-start your device in order to install these drivers.

Take care, have a great 2019!

(Canon)Max
2018-12-31
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

CanonMax Posted at 12-31 02:16
It is not just that... the problem is, that DJI drivers (in this case to calibrate the vision sensors using (the latest version of DJI assistant 2 for the aircraft you are using) are not digitally signed.This means that you need to re-start your Windows 10 PC in such a way that you can install the DJI drivers first. After that it all works fine!
Search on Google how to re-start your device in order to install these drivers.

Hi CM,

My tips above were macOS-specific, as on macOS the Assistant 2 application uses HoRNDIS to communicate with Mavic drones:

https://joshuawise.com/horndis

I know of the Windows 10 issues with Assistant 2, and it’s a shame DJI doesn’t sign their drivers and making lives so hard for owners on that platform. Thankfully I don’t use that junk OS

Here’s to a great 2019!
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_gg0zC5A4uMhk
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-8 02:01

Here's the problem with the assistant.  The fourth calibration window is grayed out and a red box says "Calibration Window Not Recognized."  DJI needs to get a solution up or put up a method to calibrate without the assistant.  The app just says "Use the Assistant".  That's no help to me.  I have been trying this for two hours now.  Seriously considering going to the FAA on this because this is a safety issue.  I fly all over Downtown Los Angeles and cannot have sensors out of calibration.  It should be illegal for DJI to ignore this issue.
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_gg0zC5A4uMhk Posted at 11-4 18:43
Here's the problem with the assistant.  The fourth calibration window is grayed out and a red box says "Calibration Window Not Recognized."  DJI needs to get a solution up or put up a method to calibrate without the assistant.  The app just says "Use the Assistant".  That's no help to me.  I have been trying this for two hours now.  Seriously considering going to the FAA on this because this is a safety issue.  I fly all over Downtown Los Angeles and cannot have sensors out of calibration.  It should be illegal for DJI to ignore this issue.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what DJI drone are you using? In addition, could you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? Could you please provide us some screenshot showing the error message on the DJI Assistant 2? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules