Why not low noise blades for other DJI models?
1840 10 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic Air, Spark and Phantom 4 Pro.  I don't own the Mavic Pro Platinum but would like to be able to use a version of the lower noise blades on my DJI drones.  Is there a chance that these low noise blades could be designed for and used on other DJI drones other than the Platinum?
2018-2-7
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Fwiw I bought the low-noise blades for my first gen Mavic Pro and really can't tell much of a difference between the old and the new.
2018-2-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-7 07:17
Fwiw I bought the low-noise blades for my first gen Mavic Pro and really can't tell much of a difference between the old and the new.

This is good to know, I've been thinking of ordering a pair.
2018-2-7
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

The low noise props do make a difference in pitch and frequency. It sounds quieter and is alot less annoying. I am begging , pleading with DJI or any company to design and release some quiet propellers for the mavic air!!! The spark too but this is a mavic forum so I thought it would be best to request just for that series. If you agree, please send DJI a message or leave a reply here.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Randy, low-noise propellers are not available for other drones at the moment, I think if it would support, we will release the relative props. Thank you for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They do make a huge difference on the Platinum. Not sure if winglet blades would be possible on mini drones though - will be interesting if DJI come out with that for the Spark and MA later in the year.
2018-2-9
Use props
djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-9 03:10
They do make a huge difference on the Platinum. Not sure if winglet blades would be possible on mini drones though - will be interesting if DJI come out with that for the Spark and MA later in the year.

My new Air has a pretty intense sound, pretty whiney really - so if DJI can put the winglet tech into props for my brand new Air, I'd buy two full sets straight away to try them out...
In fact I'm inclined to buy a set of the Pro ones to try on my P4 Standard.
2018-5-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu Posted at 2018-5-12 08:03
My new Air has a pretty intense sound, pretty whiney really - so if DJI can put the winglet tech into props for my brand new Air, I'd buy two full sets straight away to try them out...
In fact I'm inclined to buy a set of the Pro ones to try on my P4 Standard.

I quite like the buzz from the Air myself and use my MPP when I need a quieter flight.
2018-5-12
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Would buy quieter props right away since drones are the new MTBs for the dreaded German yelling hikers...
2018-11-13
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Changing the propeller geometry (for quietness, lower RPM etc) usually requires different settings for the ESC's (like the MPP) or a lower Kv motor to turn larger propellers at slower RPM.

Due to the physical constraints of the designs the small propellers on the Air and Spark must spin fast and noisy to give adequate performance.

Bigger, quieter propellers means longer arms, not so portable and then somebody starts a thread - "Can't DJI make this drone a bit smaller" - Lol, can't win them all so make the best of what you got and enjoy it

2018-11-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The P4P V2 has quiet props now!
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now