New version of DJI Assistant available as of 7 Feb. 2018
3034 24 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Today a new version of DJI Assistant has been released that apparently solves certain issues with the Mavic Air. The release note only mentions "1. Fixed bugs causing occasional update failure." but in one thread here I have read that it also solved an issue with sensor calibration: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

2018-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for that, was wondering when we would see that.
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-7 08:16
Thanks for that, was wondering when we would see that.

You are welcome!
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great info and good to know mate
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-2-7 08:35
Great info and good to know mate

You are welcome too, but from now on I shall stop responding each time. Otherwise people will think that I am just fishing for points ;-).
2018-2-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for posting, any luck connecting the Remote Control?  Still doesn't work for me, keeps connecting and disconnecting in the Windows Device Manager.
2018-2-7
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Thanks much for the heads up. My Flame Red MA just arrived Monday, so I've charged all batteries (AC & RC) and downloaded & installed this new version of DJI Assistant (as well as the latest DJI Go 4 [iOS]) in anticipation of AC activation, the inevitable FW update follies (...) and maiden flight this coming weekend. Appreciate it!
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-7 08:45
Thanks for posting, any luck connecting the Remote Control?  Still doesn't work for me, keeps connecting and disconnecting in the Windows Device Manager.

I haven't tried yet with the new version but had hoped that this would be solved too. I'll look at it now and try to solve this apparent driver issue and let you know when I found the solution. Quite many apparently can connect the RC as I have read in a number of posts by now. Thus there must be a solution.
2018-2-7
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here, keeps flapping back and forth.
I used GO4 on my IPad while connected to the Internet and updated the RC via GO4.
The AC was already updated via Assistant 2.

Finally everything is up to date.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahaha - it’s nice to acknowledge too
2018-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Did they re-enable modifying flight parameters? Still missing that feature from I think 1.1.6.
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

As promised here my intermediate feedback so far. I have gone very deep in the Windows system and other settings as well as diagnosis. It clearly confirms that there is an issue producing lots of internal error messages. But unfortunately I have not yet found the cause or solution.
2018-2-7
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks!!! ....... Downloading!!
2018-2-7
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Downloaded, thanks
2018-2-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are we talking a new version than 1.2.2?
2018-2-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-7 13:10
As promised here my intermediate feedback so far. I have gone very deep in the Windows system and other settings as well as diagnosis. It clearly confirms that there is an issue producing lots of internal error messages. But unfortunately I have not yet found the cause or solution.

Thanks for trying!

I'm not so sure it can be fixed, constant connecting and disconnecting to a USB port doesn't really sound like a software issue to me.

I'm just hoping that it will keep connecting with the DJI App and updates threw that keep going well, if it goes wrong with a firmware update we might be toast.
2018-2-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-8 00:35
Thanks for trying!

I'm not so sure it can be fixed, constant connecting and disconnecting to a USB port doesn't really sound like a software issue to me.

What puzzles me is the fact that it apparently works well for other users. Logically there must be a solution, I just can't find it.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear Wachtberger,
Thanks for your sharing. It's very kind of you.
BTW, hope you have fun with your drone.
2018-2-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-8 00:37
What puzzles me is the fact that it apparently works well for other users. Logically there must be a solution, I just can't find it.

Hope so, might need an firmware fix from Dji to resolve
2018-2-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-8 00:53
Dear Wachtberger,
Thanks for your sharing. It's very kind of you.
BTW, hope you have fun with your drone.

You are welcome Paladin and yes, the Mavic Air is great! I had sent you a PM yesterday, did you see it?
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_L6npSFTEfwnI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 284318 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-8 02:17
You are welcome Paladin and yes, the Mavic Air is great! I had sent you a PM yesterday, did you see it?

I downloaded/installed the PC DJI Assistant 1.2.2.845 released on 2/24 and while it does connect to the Mavic Air, I am unable to open/use the bundled DJI VIewer application to view the Flight Data from the MA. Has anyone else been able to open/view their Flight Data within this version of DJI Assistant/Viewer?

Problem I see trying to open 1.5GB flight data file is the Viewer app. appears to open/read the data file but at the end of loading, I just get an empty screen (see attached).
2018-3-14
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Probably going to sound dumb, but why should I install DJI Assistant? What can it do for me? So far, everything I have done including updates has been through DJI Go which works fine. What are the benefits of using a PC app?
2018-3-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

cspain Posted at 2018-3-15 04:23
Probably going to sound dumb, but why should I install DJI Assistant? What can it do for me? So far, everything I have done including updates has been through DJI Go which works fine. What are the benefits of using a PC app?

- For me doing the firmware updates with DJI Assistant is more comfortable.
- There are cases when firmware needs to be refreshed, you only can do that with DJI Assistant.
- Factory reset can only be done with DJI Assistant.
- Blackbox data export for submission to DJI in case of malfunctions or other problems can only be done
  with DJI Assistant.
- For Mavic Air DJI Assistant is needed for the calibration of the obstacle sensors.
2018-3-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cspain Posted at 2018-3-15 04:23

And to add to Wachbergers comprehensive list. I have the Mavic Pro, and I purchased a couple of new 'intelligent' flight batteries a few days ago. Quite often the battery firmware is updated as an integral part of the aircraft update. So to check I connected and powered up Display, RC, and Mavic with new battery. Used DJI Go 4 to check for updates, none available.
This seemed a bit odd, so I checked again using DJI Assistant 2 and Mavic Pro via USB connection to PC and it reported a firmware discrepancy associated with battery firmware update required (I can never remember exact wording). I then proceeded to update firmware on each of the new batteries.
Bottom line is that it's worthwhile checking at least every so often for updates using DJI Assistant 2.
With one or two reports recently which seem to indicate immediate loss of power in some devices I wonder if there is any link at all to battery firmware build in use.
2018-3-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-15 05:17
And to add to Wachbergers comprehensive list. I have the Mavic Pro, and I purchased a couple of new 'intelligent' flight batteries a few days ago. Quite often the battery firmware is updated as an integral part of the aircraft update. So to check I connected and powered up Display, RC, and Mavic with new battery. Used DJI Go 4 to check for updates, none available.
This seemed a bit odd, so I checked again using DJI Assistant 2 and Mavic Pro via USB connection to PC and it reported a firmware discrepancy associated with battery firmware update required (I can never remember exact wording). I then proceeded to update firmware on each of the new batteries.
Bottom line is that it's worthwhile checking at least every so often for updates using DJI Assistant 2.

I fully agree, for the battery updates DJI Assistant is the most reliable and fastest way to do it.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules