o(^-^)o
sax2019
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48927 ft
United Kingdom

i have just rec'd my Cosmo 2 today.

opened up plugged in using included cable, used an iPad charger

3 hrs 1 white light still flashing and plug hot
moved to another charger plug from my hudl. one hour, the charge plug and the Cosmo really HOT. still only one white light flashing.

Is is faulty?
2018-8-25
Use props
MapleLeaf2018
New
Canada

Hi DJI Forum and Mobile 2 Troubleshooters, I purchased a my Mobile 2 yesterday  from bestbuy here in Canada and am having the same issue with the single white blinking light. Since a long drawn out overnight charge produced nothing i returned it for a different unit to be safe. Currently still having the same problem with the 2nd DJI mobile 2....   DJI what is your plan of attack to remedy this? Should I return my mobile 2 and go with a different brand? After so many people having this issue my faith is starting to waiver.
2018-8-25
Use props
BoBilReisen
New
Norway

To clear things up:

Use a 5V 2A Charger. iPad charger 5.1V 2.1A 10W will do fine ?

This is how your Osmo 2 behave while charging ?

The GREEN LED should stay solid ?
The WHITE LED's should blink and then stay solid when next LED starts blinking ?
When ALL tree WHITE LED's are solid, your Osmo 2 is fully charged ?

Not at any point in the charging process should the GREEN LED be blinking ?

Using a USB charger (source) less than 2 Amp will add to the charging time of 2-3 hours. (iPhone charger = 1Amp = 4-6 Hours).

Did I get this right ?
2018-8-31
Use props
BoBilReisen
New
Norway

EDIT to previous post:

All the WHITE LED's will blink under the charging process. (I wrote in my post that it would go into solid mode)

2018-8-31
Use props
AHolbert
lvl.1
United States

I have tried everything. Mine looks like it is charging then all lights shutoff after about an 30 minutes to 1 hour. Connected to the app it never gets over 1% in that time.  I have tried multiple plug and cords and it keeps doing this.  I tried overnight and still the same no charge.  My plugs are exactly what is required and more with an iPad plug. Also used samsung fast charger. NO juice is going into the battery.
2018-10-4
Use props
pk-pharmer
New
Indonesia

I stumbled upon this thread. I shared the confusion having my newly purchased Osmo 2 not charging beyond the first white LED. Was charging it with an Aukey charger that is rated for up to 2.4A output max, no luck. Luckily I have a Samsung phone with Samsung fast charging adaptor. Use that and not too long the second LED blinks.

Imo DJI should be more clear about the charging requirement, not just putting it in parenthesis in time to charge. I mean seriously, a specific charger obviously IS a requirement to get the thing to charge in the first place as a typical 2A charger won't do it. Or at the least bundle an appropriate charger with the Osmo 2.
2018-10-4
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

pk-pharmer Posted at 2018-10-4 18:20
I stumbled upon this thread. I shared the confusion having my newly purchased Osmo 2 not charging beyond the first white LED. Was charging it with an Aukey charger that is rated for up to 2.4A output max, no luck. Luckily I have a Samsung phone with Samsung fast charging adaptor. Use that and not too long the second LED blinks.

Imo DJI should be more clear about the charging requirement, not just putting it in parenthesis in time to charge. I mean seriously, a specific charger obviously IS a requirement to get the thing to charge in the first place as a typical 2A charger won't do it. Or at the least bundle an appropriate charger with the Osmo 2.

From page 5 of the manual, under "Charging the OSMO 2 Mobile":

"Charging Time: 2 hours (when charging at 2 A)"

2018-10-7
Use props
Mariana Viana
New

Brazil

Hi everyone.

I have the same problem here. The DJI Osmo is not charging. The green light keeps solid and only the first white blinking. I tried everything you suggested above. Tried on a turbo charger that provides 10 A, with different cables like Samsung charger and IPad charger. Nothing happens, it stills the same. Can anyone please help me? I received it yesterday and i'm thinking about returning it.
2018-10-9
Use props
bwpage3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
United States

Just received my OSMO 2 today 10/22/2018. Had the same charging issue everyone is mentioning with 1 white blinking LED and I solid green LED. Dug out an old Samsung Rapid Charger and now the OSMO 2 is charging just fine with the DJI USB cord, plugged into 110 vac outlet.
2018-10-22
Use props
jack barbour
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Came here as I've had the exact same problem. Found a fix that works for me so thought i'd share. I received the product yesterday, plugged it into my mac using the wire provided by DJI and had the solid green light and one flashing white light all day - nothing happened. So I came to this forum and thought to put the USB into my apple phone charger and by magic, it seems to work, and fairly quickly. Hope this helps other people in the same predicament.
2018-10-23
Use props
floridatom
lvl.2
United States

jack barbour Posted at 2018-10-23 11:42
Came here as I've had the exact same problem. Found a fix that works for me so thought i'd share. I received the product yesterday, plugged it into my mac using the wire provided by DJI and had the solid green light and one flashing white light all day - nothing happened. So I came to this forum and thought to put the USB into my apple phone charger and by magic, it seems to work, and fairly quickly. Hope this helps other people in the same predicament.

After reading this,I dug out iPad charger, Using it I had three lights in 30 minutes after just 1 light on PC USB after 6 hours.
2018-10-24
Use props
Fedway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17448 ft
United States

As you might expect not all Micro-USB chargers are not created equal.  I received a new Osmo Mobile 2 yesterday and started charging it with a charger labeled as 5V  2.5A.  After 24 hours, only one white LED was on and the unit would not turn on.  I then found this forum and after reading that users were having success using higher powered chargers, I tried connecting the OM2 to a phone charger that was labeled as 5V 3A and 9V 2A and sure enough, within a few minutes the second white LED started flashing.  If you are having charging issues, it's not your OM2.  Keep trying chargers rated at greater than 2A until you find one that works.
2018-10-27
Use props
whynotthis
lvl.1
United States

Same issue except the green light blinks and the first white led blinks and then it shuts off  Ive used a samsung charger and an iphone charger with no luck
2018-10-31
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

whynotthis Posted at 2018-10-31 14:12
Same issue except the green light blinks and the first white led blinks and then it shuts off  Ive used a samsung charger and an iphone charger with no luck

The make or brand of the charger doesn't matter.

The current of the charger is the most important thing. If the charger can't deliver 2 Amps, your charges will take a long time.
2018-10-31
Use props
whynotthis
lvl.1
United States

YeahNope Posted at 10-31 21:42
The make or brand of the charger doesn't matter.

The current of the charger is the most important thing. If the charger can't deliver 2 Amps, your charges will take a long time.

I only mentioned the brand because its the one thats been stated to work throughout the thread but alas nothing...not charging at all
2018-11-1
Use props
USman1963
New
Australia

At least you got something
2018-11-9
Use props
USman1963
New
Australia

At least you got something .. I just bought a new osmo 2 .. and it doesnt charge .. no lights at all .. tried all sorts of chargers and cables and all sorts of options .. it is just DEAD with no lights or nothing .. I am going to return it tomorrow for sure .. DJI sucks
2018-11-9
Use props
dfgbfd65v41
New

New Zealand

Hi, same problem. Brand new device out of seal and box and it does not even charge. Talk about poor quality. (being nice) its trash

I see a lot of the same but no solution(s) from DJI.

I am lucky i won this thing and did not waste my money on it but in any case it is going straight into the trash because that is where it belongs.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dfgbfd65v41 Posted at 12-9 17:14
Hi, same problem. Brand new device out of seal and box and it does not even charge. Talk about poor quality. (being nice) its trash

I see a lot of the same but no solution(s) from DJI.

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it causes. I would like to ask if you were able to use the cable that has the 5V and 2amp capability? Have you tried to plug the Osmo mobile to the power outlet? Please let us know on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-10
Use props
Cyril Antolini
New

France

Moi aussi j'ai le même problème avec mon Osmo et son premier chargement. Impossible de le charger. Seulement la première LED clignote et la verte est fix. Au bout de 3 heures de chargement toujours au même point donc je désespère je me suis dit je vais essayer quand même mon stabilisateur Osmo .je l'ai donc connecté à mon application dji go et là par miracle ça c'est mis à charger .ci-joint copie écran. Et 1 heure apres les 3 led blanche se sont mis a clignoter aussi.
Voila si y'a des personne qui n'y arrive pas j'essaierai de revenir sur ce site alors laisser un message.
Pour info j'ai essayé tout de sorte de chargeur et y'a que quand j'ai connecté osmo a dji go que ca a débloqué la situation. Ci joint photos aussi du chargeur samsung avec lequel ca charge. Bon courage a tous. C'est pas désespéré malgré les apparences.
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_ATYxGhYX9n6x
New

United States

Can I connect osmo to Samsung s9plus
2018-12-22
Use props
thechina
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue, also with a brand new Osmo Mobile 2. I'm using the charging cable that was supplied. First, I used it with a generic charger (5v, 1amp) and charged it for about 5 hours. From earlier posts, 1amp is too little to charge in 2 hours but it should still charge in 5 hours.However, iIt apparently did nothing. Then I read another post to try a Samsung rapid charger, but I plugged it into an iphone charger (5v, 1amp) by mistake. I charged it overnight for 15 hours total. This should be long enough. It got to the stage where i see all the lights blinking but never got solid. Now I am trying to charge with a Samsung rapid charger. We'll see... Ideally, DJI should be providing the charger piece (like every other company out there). They include it with the Mavic air I also recently bought. No issues charging that one. When something only includes the USB charging cable, many (most) people will assume they can charge with their laptop or any generic charger (and they will be right). If DJI is going to sell a product that doesn't include the charger and also has very finicky, exact rules on what charger you can use, they should offer one in the bundle (not in my bundle) or at the very least, they should mention the details in the instructions, although I realize DJI doesn't place any importance on instructions (same with the mavic air). You have to learn everything from youtube videos (from real people) or reading posts from people complaining).
2018-12-27
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I had a similar problem with my osmo 2 the fist time I tried charging it. Turn out you will need a wall plug of at least 1A to 2A. Less than 1A will not work (or very very slowly if you are lucky) and more than 2A was also a problem for me (maybe the charging process limits the current and don't accept when it is too high).

A computer can only deliver about 500mA so it's not gonna work to charge the osmo mobile 2.

If it still doesn't work check the usb cable and if it's not that maybe it is the gimbal itself.

To know if it is charging the led should blink green during the entire charging process
2018-12-28
Use props
fansaa8a633c
New

United States

After connecting to the charger I pressed the ‘M’ button which seems to have worked
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansaa8a633c Posted at 1-21 21:27
After connecting to the charger I pressed the ‘M’ button which seems to have worked

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Glad to know that everything went well on your end. We would recommend using a charger that has a capability of 5V and 2amp when charging your Osmo mobile 2. Please let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-22
Use props
SteveClark
New
Canada

I have just purchased the Osmo Mobile 2 as well and like many I am having trouble charging. Hoping that this only happens for first charge. Something I found out is that as much as it looks like it's not making any progress, I was able to connect to the nimble through the DJI Go app and I can see the progress of the charge. It is charging very slowly! But at least it is charging. I'm happy for now. IMG_3890.jpg
2019-1-23
Use props
SteveClark
New
Canada

SteveClark Posted at 1-23 11:47
I have just purchased the Osmo Mobile 2 as well and like many I am having trouble charging. Hoping that this only happens for first charge. Something I found out is that as much as it looks like it's not making any progress, I was able to connect to the nimble through the DJI Go app and I can see the progress of the charge. It is charging very slowly! But at least it is charging. I'm happy for now.[view_image]

After over 3 hours, it now says it's at 20%. Waiting til it it gets to 33% to see the second battery lights light up.
2019-1-23
Use props
SteveClark
New
Canada

SteveClark Posted at 1-23 13:21
After over 3 hours, it now says it's at 20%. Waiting til it it gets to 33% to see the second battery lights light up.

Good news, It fully charged after about 7 or 8 hours. It seems as that first charge is super slow. Seems to be better now that it's completed that first charge. I'll take note of the next full charge cycle and try and remember to reply to this.

Time to go shoot some video!
2019-1-24
Use props
fans5cd89176
lvl.1
Portugal

Just two solid white lights after charging!
2019-1-26
Use props
Nur Nurani
New
United Arab Emirates

i bought an osmo mobile 2 this morning and it is completely drained of any power. so i charged it. it only blinks one white light and the green light is not blinking. is this normal? after 2 hours of the same scenario, i took it off the cable to test it, but did not power up. instead a yellow light blinked instead of the green one. should i return this at the store? help!
2019-3-10
Use props
djiuser_7Za38mu2YPMs
New

United Kingdom

Hey I just got my Osmo Mobile 2. Im charging it but 1 hour into the charge and its still stuck on the first white light, blinking.

I am using a samsung fast charger wall charger... is this normal?
2019-4-15
Use props
fans942d888e
New

United States

Same problem after 14 hrs on charger. Please advise. 1 blinking white light. Brand new
2019-4-18
Use props
fans4b9356a8
New

United States

fansaa8a633c Posted at 1-21 21:27

When I did that my green light went from solid to blinking leading me to believe it may be charging now? Only time will tell. I’ll post again if it works.
2019-4-19
Use props
fans9abe0952
New
Flight distance : 441037 ft
United States

Just got my osmo 2 and after 8 hours plugged into my iPad charger there is no progress only one white light lit.
2019-5-16
Use props
fans9abe0952
New
Flight distance : 441037 ft
United States

Just got my osmo 2 and after 8 hours plugged into my iPad charger there is no progress only one white light lit.
2019-5-16
Use props
djiuser_KXIRXshlZK9s
New

Netherlands

Do you have the solution yet? i have the same issue here.
2019-5-20
Use props
fans9412352b
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

Make sure you're using a decent charging brick with 2.0 amps of power at 5V. Some bricks provide lower amps like 1.0 which doesn't work very well to charge. Also make sure you activated just in case. Check out the video I did for more clues
2019-5-20
Use props
DJIFlyer1965
lvl.1
United States

I have had my Osmo Mobile 2 December and have had no problems until now with charging.  The motor heats up, and the lights (green and white blinking would turn on, but not charge - just like so many of these posts!

Now after using the USB on the DJI charging bank used for charging my Spark batteries (5V-2A) and the USB on the Computer with the above happening (lights but no charge)...it doesn't even light up.  there is nothing happening at all...except for excessive heating up at the motor.

I like the Osmo Mobile 2 but am extremely disappointed and am wondering how DJI will fix this situation.
2019-6-11
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This is ridiculous, if a device requires a certain amount of current to charge, you include that charger with those specs.
You dont tell your customers that you should try and find this but not that, and that it has to be just like this and not that.
Amateur hour!
2019-6-15
Use props
Sjoerdseun
New

Netherlands

Hi people, I had the same issue, solid green led and white led blinking.
What worked for me: I connected the usb cable to a wall charger, waited until the green led went solid and white led blinking.
Then I pressed and hold the power button, after about 3 sec, the device turned on and off again and then the green led went blinking.
I now have 3 white leds after about 1,5 hours and green led blinking.

I hope it works for you, too. Good luck.
2019-6-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules