DJ Osmo 2 not charging
93230 91 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JakeZilla86
New
Finland

I finally managed to make it charge. I plugged it into my Huawei Fast charger and after that I held the M-button for something around 3-5 seconds which made the green light blink continuously. It also kinda looks slightly more lime green when it's charging vs. when the device is on. After 10 minutes finally getting 12% instead of 1%.

Hopefully this helps! Thank you so much for all these previous tips!
2019-7-11
Use props
Einfachlaurenz
lvl.1
Sweden

As I hear from a lot of persons, I think it would be nice to ship the OSMO Mobile 2 with an extra dedicated charger like it's shipped with a a Ronin-S.
And something that would be cool for those who've alrdy got one, is a option to get a free 'original DJI charger', so that there won't occure more charging issues
2019-7-18
Use props
Einfachlaurenz
lvl.1
Sweden

And maybe a new transportbox with a slot for the charger.
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_Yf1lfiSBOk4s
New
New Caledonia

Folks, you go on about 5V 2A, I have the perfect charger meeting that spec - the Samsung Galaxy S9 Fast Charger.

In fact, I have another one that is 5V 4A, the OnePlus 6T one. That's a beast, charging the OP6T 10-20 mins faster than the Samsung does its phone.

I know for a fact these are two of the best chargers in the world. So it baffles me why after 8 hours, this thing is still at 97%. This is the second cycle. When I bought and charged it for the first time yesterday, after 8 hours (my sleep), it was stuck at 98%.

So should I deem this a faulty product? Surely I meet your specs and criteria for charging to the dot. However, if many of your shipments have this fault, I'm afraid returning it won't solve it, I might just get another lemon.

One good thing is that this does work when I take it off the charge at whatever percentage it's at. I just don't think a product that misbehaves, misdirects or misleads out of the factory deserves a price tag of more than $0.02.
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_kXh9ZYnIHgre
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Need help my osmo mobile 2 shows red light even it's already full charge before it only shows green light and it's not connecting to bluetooth.
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_kXh9ZYnIHgre
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

fans9412352b Posted at 5-20 17:15
Make sure you're using a decent charging brick with 2.0 amps of power at 5V. Some bricks provide lower amps like 1.0 which doesn't work very well to charge. Also make sure you activated just in case. Check out the video I did for more clues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZICSPBGF8Q

Need help my osmo mobile 2 shows red light even it's already full charge before it only shows green light and it's not connecting to bluetooth.
2019-8-3
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3

What would have been better to make this farce easier to overcome would have been to make the battery removable! I suspect those new to DJI buying the Osmo Mobile 3 will no doubt suffer the same problem. Either make the battery removable or provide a suitable power brick to do the job properly. Rocket science ‘it ‘aint’.
2019-9-7
Use props
HighOctane93
lvl.1

I've had my osmo 2 for about 6 months and this issue started after about 10-15 charges. I've used maybe 2-3 different cords and never had a problem until today. I'm having the same issue as the first video. What is going on with this battery or charging device?
2019-9-26
Use props
karlnospam
New

HighOctane93 Posted at 9-26 17:37
I've had my osmo 2 for about 6 months and this issue started after about 10-15 charges. I've used maybe 2-3 different cords and never had a problem until today. I'm having the same issue as the first video. What is going on with this battery or charging device?

Same here.

Using a PD up to 6 A charger and this thing just won't charge : 99% of the time it does not negotiate power delivery properly  and so backs down to 0.5A.
When it does negotiate properly then it does not hold the charge.

It is is never ready for use.

Utter disappointment.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_T3qHc8uUoyz2
New

Germany

same problem happened to me. I charged my Gimbal Mobile 2 once  in my car (I believe it has a different Voltage), then I used my Gimbal until it goes to zero. I tried to charge it again with 5V adapter (what I used to charge it) and it didnt work at all. First white LED was blinking all the time but it didnt have any progress at all. Then I tried charging it with my Iphone 7+ adapter And IT WORKS (after 4 Hours from zero to 80 %).:-)
2020-7-27
Use props
fansdd72d516
New

Australia

HOW TO RECOVER lost files recorded with osmo?
2021-1-18
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

Essjay Posted at 2019-9-7 06:23
What would have been better to make this farce easier to overcome would have been to make the battery removable! I suspect those new to DJI buying the Osmo Mobile 3 will no doubt suffer the same problem. Either make the battery removable or provide a suitable power brick to do the job properly. Rocket science ‘it ‘aint’.

Especially when you've had your gimbal for a few years. 2022 and mine can no longer be charged so it must go to recycling. A shame for an otherwise fully functional product
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules