Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey everyone,

I'm so torn right now on which drone to get.

Iv'e had the normal P4P before using my Ipad Mini 4.

But this time I was wondering if it be best to get the built in screen one.

I don't care about third party apps or any of all that.

I just want the easisest and quickest way to fly, but I also want the one with the least problems.

Iv'e heard some complaints about app crash with the built in screen.

So can anybody help me decide here based on your experience?

Thanks
2018-2-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

easy without youll get app updates far faster
2018-2-7
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

As a P4P+ owner I totally agree with Aerial-Image. Yes, you may have the brighter screen and no hassle with the USB cables. But nothing more. 16 Gb total ROM memory for the RC+ is very low, you'll have to erase very often your videocache and free up memory, not too many offline maps downloaded and unable to expand system memory through the integrated SD port of the RC+, SD slot which is practically useless.
As for the FW, we are waiting for an update for more than 6 months, perhaps it's almost one year since the last one and I doubt we'll see or have another during the remaining lifespan of this model...
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I considered the plus but bought an iPad Mini 4 as a dedicated device with my P4P and pleased I did.
2018-2-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ipad mini 4 and standard P4P are really the best way to go.  To many drawbacks to the +, and when you consider that the P4P is a pain in the @$$ to set up anyway, the few extra seconds for a tablet and a USB cable really don't make that big of a difference.  

2018-2-7
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-7 13:28
Ipad mini 4 and standard P4P is really the best way to go.  To many drawbacks to the +, and when you consider that the P4P is a pain in the @$$ to set up anyway, the few extra seconds for a tablet and a USB cable really don't make that big of a difference.

I have a Phantom 4 pro plus and is very happy with it!  How can you say that Phantom 4 pro is hard to setup?  Its the easiest drone of all!  I have had 0 problems with mine and are super happy. I think its really nice to have the built in screen.  Who cares about updates when it just works..
2018-2-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I didn’t say it was hard to set up, I said it was a pain in the @$$... two very different things.
2018-2-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-7 15:15
I didn’t say it was hard to set up, I said it was a pain in the @$$... two very different things.

What you said in post #5 and post #7 are two very different things.
2018-2-7
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

I bought the plus so I could have a system to go!

Some 12 months down the track I'm wondering if it's right for today, there are some annoying downsides, as mentioned by some of the previous comments.

The screens physical size is the limiting factor. If we had the 2x zoom that would be a great asset.
It is a tad annoying having to transfer the card to a larger screen size computer to see if the clip was all I wanted.

I'm testing the larger Ipads from a neighbors setup to see if I need to get a RC and largest Ipad.

My summary is the plus is a fantastic get up and go outfit with some limitations.
I probably will have to get  another RC and ipad/tablet to satisfy some of the things I do.

Catch ya,Tony.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Yunior, the APP of P4P+ is independent of normal Android and IOS devices. To ensure the stability, it takes some time to get the update. In case there is any APP crash during the flight, we'll analyze the crash log and optimize in the newer version. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-7 16:08
What you said in post #5 and post #7 are two very different things.

Care to elaborate.  Drive by posts are so cliche.
2018-2-8
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-8 08:08

Look at what you said in post 5.
"when you consider that the P4P is a pain in the @$$ to set up anyway"

Thats what hes refering to and also my reply to you. You said it was hard to set up. :-)
2018-2-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You literally just quoted me and those are two different things.  I'll break it down for you.  Pain in the @$$ to set up means I got to lug this thing where I'm trying to shoot, put props on, etc.  Now compare that to putting a Mavic Pro, or Mavic Air, or Spark in the air.  You stated it was the easiest drone of all to set up.  I assume that's because it's your only drone.  I didn't say hard to set up, because none of DJI's drones are hard to set up.  The P4P, which I own and love, is the biggest pain in the @$$ compared to the others I own.  So in the grand scheme of things, putting a tablet on and adding a cable adds 30 seconds.  Not really that big a deal because...  It's already a pain in the @$$, ;p but not hard to do.
2018-2-8
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I’ll go with the regular P4P.
Thanks for everybody’s advice.
2018-2-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yunior Posted at 2018-2-8 09:46
I think I’ll go with the regular P4P.
Thanks for everybody’s advice.

I hope you enjoy.  Either way it’s a fantastic drone.
2018-2-8
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

I would go for a Phantom 4 Pro. Unless you want to spend more, have constant fan noise coming out from your RC, and not having the possibility to use another application apart from DJI Go 4.
2018-2-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Go 4 the Pro, you will be happy you did.
2018-2-8
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

Mavic air...
2018-2-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-8 08:08

Read what you posted again.
You've said that you didn't post something that you did and is there as plain as anything for anyone to see.
2018-2-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-8 15:12
Read what you posted again.
You've said that you didn't post something that you did and is there as plain as anything for anyone to see.

Perhaps you should read it again slowly.  We can do this all day...
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

No doubt: P4P+ does not worth the extra money. I own one...
2018-2-9
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Op - since you already have the p4p, get the crystal sky instead.
2018-2-10
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4P+ owner here. Advantages: Bright screen, Zero, absolutely zero app crashes to date, built in HDMI port to stream to Goggles or a TV with very little lag, Goggles can be connected to USB port and used in tandem with the built in screen (you're unable to do this with a non plus controller in any way) PANO MODE IS NOW AVAILABLE with most recent firmware update. 20 free apps can be added to device via app upload(not all that exciting really) I have both controllers, mainly because I'm old and my eyes are bad so I wanted to see how my iPad would look when flying. I've used the non+ controller 5 times. I think I might use it again some day but I won't hold my breath waiting. I intend to buy another Phantom. If it's the next generation... I'll get a + version with the built in display.

Jeff
2018-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-9 05:23
Perhaps you should read it again slowly.  We can do this all day...

Just forget about this guy, he likes to argue. He’s been banned before...
2018-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Instead of the Pro or plus have you considered the p4 advanced? It the same as the Pro without side sensors, the side sensors on the Pro only work in tripod mode, pointless if you ask me....
2018-2-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-2-10 06:13
Just forget about this guy, he likes to argue. He’s been banned before...

Lol, wut?  When was I banned?  I must have missed that.   This thread is way off topic.  I will stop responding to it.
2018-2-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-10 06:31
Lol, wut?  When was I banned?  I must have missed that.   This thread is way off topic.  I will stop responding to it.

I’m telling you not to listen to labroides, he likes to argue.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules