Mavic Air battery Auto discharge settings
20692 32 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

Where are they? I cannot find the 1-10 days setting like the manual says.
2018-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems like there missing, I expect they will show up in next FW/SW update.
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Does it say 1 - 10 days setting in the manual? I have only read that after 10 days they auto-discharge and that is what I expected to happen. Have to check again.
2018-2-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

Eeh... I checked again and you are right. I must have mixed the Pro and other info in my head
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use the power bank adaptor to discharge - saves on the electricity bill and leaving the batteries on a full charge for 10 days (which isn’t ideal).
2018-2-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-7 13:46
Eeh... I checked again and you are right. I must have mixed the Pro and other info in my head

Thank you for confirming that my little peanut is still more or less intact ;-)
2018-2-7
Use props
Silverhammer92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15869 ft
Switzerland

There definktely was the option on the mavic pro to change the amount of days the battery holds up its charge before duscharging... It might be missing in the current version.. Didn't check
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Actually, the default number of days of Auto discharge of Mavic Air is ten days. It won't be necessary to be set in the APP. Please kindly note that won't do harm to the battery and please don't worry about it.
Hope you have fun with your drone.
2018-2-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-2-7 13:49
Use the power bank adaptor to discharge - saves on the electricity bill and leaving the batteries on a full charge for 10 days (which isn’t ideal).

That little power bank adapter didn't make to much sense to me, because I saw no valid reason to use it and suffer from less flight time.
Using it to discharge to keep it healthy makes good sense.
I was even more surprised that that little adapter supports quick charge on my Huawei, fastcharging it with 3000mah.
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s the only reason I use it - unless you have 4 or more batteries and fly them continuously then your RC and device should have enough juice if 100% charged before you head out anyway - as should be the case. The adaptor is a handy accessory for discharging to maintain the batteries long term health and save a few quid on your electricity bill.
2018-2-8
Use props
thevolvoguy35
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-8 01:55
It’s the only reason I use it - unless you have 4 or more batteries and fly them continuously then your RC and device should have enough juice if 100% charged before you head out anyway - as should be the case. The adaptor is a handy accessory for discharging to maintain the batteries long term health and save a few quid on your electricity bill.

I really like that the Mavics come with that adapter.  I like having portable chargers and having the ability to use the mavic batteries as a portable charger is fantastic.  I really try to only use them whenever I charge the batteries with the intention to fly the next day and then wind up not being able to.  It takes a couple days of charging my devices in order to get all 4 batteries to 50% but that is a few days of charging that I didn't have to plug into an outlet.  
2018-3-3
Use props
Karloz Zea
lvl.1

United States

download the mavic air battery manual
2018-3-3
Use props
Karloz Zea
lvl.1

United States

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-3-3
Use props
Karloz Zea
lvl.1

United States

I am amazed how cool the battery stays when charging. I wait about 30 minutes before charging after a flight when battery is considerably warm. I also wait about another half hour before I use the battery again for good measures. I read that an average discharge and charge cycles is about 500? Does anybody know if this is true with the smart Mavic Air batteries?
2018-3-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thevolvoguy35 Posted at 2018-3-3 09:25
I really like that the Mavics come with that adapter.  I like having portable chargers and having the ability to use the mavic batteries as a portable charger is fantastic.  I really try to only use them whenever I charge the batteries with the intention to fly the next day and then wind up not being able to.  It takes a couple days of charging my devices in order to get all 4 batteries to 50% but that is a few days of charging that I didn't have to plug into an outlet.

Yep - it's a cool feature of the adaptor
2018-3-3
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-8 00:08
Dear. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Actually, the default number of days of Auto discharge of Mavic Air is ten days. It won't be necessary to be set in the APP. Please kindly note that won't do harm to the battery and please don't worry about it.
Hope you have fun with your drone.

Does the battery have to be in the drone to self discharge if not used or will stand alone batteries do the same after a period of time.
2018-3-11
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Does anybody know the % the Air battery auto discharges to after 10 days?
2018-3-15
Use props
CopyCatz
lvl.2
Netherlands

sky6105 Posted at 2018-3-11 13:54
Does the battery have to be in the drone to self discharge if not used or will stand alone batteries do the same after a period of time.

This is wat I'm interested in as well. I was under the impression the battery can discharge while connected to the charger, I don't want to have them hooked up for 10 days. It would be nice to hear from a battery expert if and how a battery can discharge itself without being hooked up to anything.
2018-3-16
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Suriname

CopyCatz Posted at 2018-3-16 04:17
This is wat I'm interested in as well. I was under the impression the battery can discharge while connected to the charger, I don't want to have them hooked up for 10 days. It would be nice to hear from a battery expert if and how a battery can discharge itself without being hooked up to anything.

It had discharge resistors onboard. It discharges slowly over a day and can heat up a bit.
2018-3-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Airwater Posted at 2018-3-15 18:20
Does anybody know the % the Air battery auto discharges to after 10 days?

They reduce to <65%
2018-3-19
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really wish there was a storage charge option on the battery dock. I don't have the patience to check to see if the batteries are charged up just enough for storage.
2018-3-19
Use props
jaysydney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100276 ft
Australia

Yes no settings for battery discharge on AIR , i found 2 of my 4 batteries warm this morning and semi discharged in my bag not on the drone , so I'm guessing that are automatically discharging themselves.
2018-3-22
Use props
jaysydney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100276 ft
Australia

Yes no settings for battery discharge on AIR , i found 2 of my 4 batteries warm this morning and semi discharged in my bag not on the drone , so I'm guessing that are automatically discharging themselves.
2018-3-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Tom_A Posted at 2018-3-19 14:23
Really wish there was a storage charge option on the battery dock. I don't have the patience to check to see if the batteries are charged up just enough for storage.

It won't do much good anyway if you aren't checking each cell.  Cell balancing takes place during the last part of the charge cycle.  That's why it does the last light longer than the rest.  At least that was the discussion on Phantom forum and I believe on the MP also.  Better to recharge fully and then run down to 50-65% for storage.
2018-3-22
Use props
TorontoAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125289 ft
Canada

The manual may say 10 days but I charged mine on Thursday June 14th for a planned flight the next day, Friday June 15th. Didn't happen and we ended up going out Sunday morning June 17th. Opened both Mavic Air's i have and all 8 batteries warm and in discharge state. Checked the levels and all 70 to 75%. So that's 3 days and they started discharging. And settings are gone to view days to discharge. So it must be set on 2 day not 10
2018-6-18
Use props
fans92f6af90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1018448 ft
Denmark

Hi
The manual says 10 days, but monitoring the battery setting through GO 4, it says 6 days. At least that is how it is for my MA, and that is how reality is. Has anyone else seen the same misalignment?
2018-6-19
Use props
fansc9eb0833
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Karloz Zea Posted at 2018-3-3 09:31
I am amazed how cool the battery stays when charging. I wait about 30 minutes before charging after a flight when battery is considerably warm. I also wait about another half hour before I use the battery again for good measures. I read that an average discharge and charge cycles is about 500? Does anybody know if this is true with the smart Mavic Air batteries?

Lithium Ion cells are endothermic by nature. They actually get a few degrees cooler than ambient whilst being charged. If they heat during charge, something is badly wrong.
2018-7-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use all 4 of my battery down to 30% then store them and charge them within 24 hours of use.
2018-8-13
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

Stand alone...
2018-8-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

and be careful how you store them.  If they're in a confined space like a case, they get quite warm when they start their discharge cycle
2018-8-13
Use props
Josh White
lvl.2

United States

No they will discharge out of the drone. They get warm but not much.
2018-10-18
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

I have 3 batteries and they never discharge even after 3 weeks of storage.  
2019-1-6
Use props
djiuser_3yly4kyC1CMd
New

South Africa

Silverhammer92 Posted at 2018-2-7 23:37
There definktely was the option on the mavic pro to change the amount of days the battery holds up its charge before duscharging... It might be missing in the current version.. Didn't check

Yeah. 1 to 15 days
2020-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules