4317 10 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
triise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303471 ft
Norway

Hi,

Just got my Inspire 1 yesterday and had to try it right away. I had to upgrade the firmware first, then checked everything and took of with it.
I recorded in 1080p / 60 fps and .mov file format.
When I got home and looked at the recorded video, I see black vertical lines and noise coming and going during the flight. I've tried both manual exposure and auto exposure but same results.
Anyone else experiencing this?

See attached files for example:
1080p black lines and noise (download)

I really hope that I don't have to send the camera in for replacement, as I live in Norway and have to send it to Germany for repairs.
DJI support in europe gave me a RMA, so that I could send it to them, but I rather not as it probably will take som time...

Suggestions?

2015-4-29
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My suggestion:

you are getting black vertical lines in dark areas only when the craft moves forward.(the gimbal is stressed backward) Looks like the Gimbal connection is loose. unlock it> blow compressed air in the connection> reseat and try again. The camera is fine it is electric interference from lose Gimble

arun mehta
2015-4-29
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Norway

arunmehta Posted at 2015-4-29 18:15
My suggestion:

you are getting black vertical lines in dark areas only when the craft moves forward ...

Thanks for the tip. I will sure try that, but I've experienced this also whilst hovering. Also, why should the loose connection have an impact on the camera? Does it send the video up to the FC and then back to the memory card?

Another strange fact is that I only get this in 1080p/60. I haven't seen it in any other recording format...
DJI saif I had to send it in, and I've already ordered a replacement from HeliPal (which seems to be the only ones with it in stock) and then I'll see if DJI finds out something.

But again, I'll check and clean the connections between the camera and the quad. I'll post my results.
2015-4-30
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Norway

Ok, unmounted the gimbal. Cleaned the pins on both the quad and the gimbal with electronics cleaner, mounted again and did a test flight.
Problem still exists. See attached screenshots of the frames.

Skjermbilde 2015-04-30 23.18.31.jpg

Stripes

Stripes
2015-4-30
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Norway

Also, the problem comes and goes. As you can see in the video:
2015-4-30
Use props
jnorcutt1
New

United States

triise Posted at 2015-5-1 05:45
Also, the problem comes and goes. As you can see in the video:
https://youtu.be/b32O4X8nZ6U

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I just received a phantom 3 advanced and experiencing the same phenomenon... Hoping I don't have to send it back!!
2015-6-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So sorry you are having problems with your camera. It does appear to be defective and the ribbon cable connection would not affect the SD chip during record, only the downlink to your iPad.

Hope you get the new camera from HeliPal and the problem is gone.

Rich
2015-6-6
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Norway

Yep, I found a "solution": buy a new camera module....
I did send in the original camera to DJI Europe in the beginning of May for a repair, and yesterday I got mail that there was a parcel on its way to me from DJI. Don't know if I get a new one or if its repaired, haven't heard from DJI since I sent it in, only got confirmation that it had been recieved.
Anyway, I ordered a new from HeliPal and now I have 2 camera gimbals. Nice to have. Probably going to put one on the handheld gimbal when it arrives.
2015-6-26
Use props
Nilutpol
New

India

My Phantom 3 Pro has the same problem of vertical black and white lines in over exposed parts. The over exposure warning is off and when I enabled it then more lines come up. This is not because of the propellers as the vertical lines come even when the props are not mounted and I just point the camera to a bright light. i read somewhere this might be because of  loose cable connectors but not sure. Anyone has any solution for it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
2016-2-1
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hm have something like this, but not that strong. And not in every shot Maybe I have to send it back too
2016-2-2
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

That's the same issue I've had for the last  day, had Amazon ship a replacement to me.
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules