Repeated Answers to Questions
1563 19 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Why do people keep posting answers to questions that have already been adequately answered in previous responses???  Case in point...the thread "Gimbal protectors".  The poster starts with "quickly" meaning he just needs a simple answer.  Yet several of us write a response and it's obvious most of us didn't even read the other responses that were worded all about the same as what we posted.  Now, the poster gets emails everytime one of us needlessly posts (because DJI now emails us of any response) and then the poster has to go look at the unnecessary post in case there is something in it he doesn't already know...which there never is.  Sorry to all the posters who I needlessly responded to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think you have a point. It wastes a lot of time to read all the same anwsers. I would recommend users use different email address to separate their work and private emails.
2018-2-7
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

It's a characteristic of any discussion forum.
Tons of reasons as to the "why".
Sometimes a poor search engine is to blame for repeated questions, sometimes members forget to search and there are times forum members just don't know to search or are looking for an easy answer.
I try to search for answers to basic questions but have to admit, there are times I just forget to search first.
2018-2-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-7 18:51
I think you have a point. It wastes a lot of time to read all the same anwsers. I would recommend users use different email address to separate their work and private emails.

How about a point in the forum setting to enable/disable the email reminder?
Or minimum a 'unsubscribe' option  in the email?
2018-2-7
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

That's surprising because I do not receive any email notifications when my comments are being replied??

Was it a recent forum feature update?
2018-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-7 18:51

It would be great if you could  opt out for these emails.
What might work (as I have in other fora) is to be able to subscribe to a thread to get email notifications if you want that.
2018-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

rimza Posted at 2018-2-7 19:58
That's surprising because I do not receive any email notifications when my comments are being replied??

Was it a recent forum feature update?

It is only on your own thread.
2018-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I see your point.
Must say I commit this 'crime' also sometimes.
Just reply to the OP instead of reading through all the answers.
2018-2-7
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

Lets just have a thread that is entitled -- Quick questions and quick answers"? there is one like that in the Mitsubishi forum..like all the Q's get repeated all over and all over again but that thread is dedicated to that like its a long novel. lol
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get your point but the forum is also designed to encourage a community of users to communicate with each other and share their experiences. There will obviously be over laps but the added replies enforce the answer. For example, if I have a fault with my drone and only one person replies then I might need to send my drone back but if 20 reply with the same issue it will could be more of a universal problem caused by a FW update. Perhaps a quick Q & A section in the forum may improve that. BTW I simply mass delete my emails in 3 seconds
2018-2-8
Use props
hegir
New

Iran

thanks for sharing

بیمه ایران

2018-2-8
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

I, for one, find very difficult to use Forum's Search. If I search for exact phrase like "word1 word2", search displays all the topics with just word1 and word2, not exact phrase. So can't use quotes for exact phrase search. Furthermore, there is no help for search anywhere. I am unable to tell if we can use operators like "+", "-", "domain:", "site:", no tools for sorting results, cannot search by user, by subforum or pretty much any other criteria except single word, etc...
So search features of the forum are pretty much like these searches at the beginning of the WWW era (early '90). No wonder no one uses it I guess.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-2-7 19:33
How about a point in the forum setting to enable/disable the email reminder?
Or minimum a 'unsubscribe' option  in the email?

Thanks for your suggestion. I would help you forward this situation.
2018-2-12
Use props
Conrod
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi eYeSkYeYe.

Google search is what you need - just go to Google.com and enter your search terms and add site:forum.dji.com at the end.

For example:

"word1 word2" site:forum.dji.com

will return just one result - your post in this thread!

Hope this helps.

Alan
2018-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Conrod Posted at 2018-2-12 10:49
Hi eYeSkYeYe.

Google search is what you need - just go to Google.com and enter your search terms and add site:forum.dji.com at the end.

So, TL; DR version of your answer to OP question would be: Because they don't use google search. Ah, and thanks for noticing my comments on this forum are very unique. I really put a lot of effort to be original.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-7 22:55
It would be great if you could  opt out for these emails.
What might work (as I have in other fora) is to be able to subscribe to a thread to get email notifications if you want that.

I agree with your idea that having the option of getting the emails or not. The idea will be forwarded. Thanks for your attention.
2018-2-13
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just adding another useless response so that Rustic gets another email!  Lol!  Hi Rustic!  

I pretty much always read through the responses before replying.  Like A CW says, sometimes it’s good to have repeated answers to reinforce a specific opinion or thought.  However, I usually like to mention the fact that I’m agreeing with others (like I just did with referencing A CW’s post) so that you can see that I’ve read the responses and have considered what everybody else has already said. Without this, I agree that it can seem like you are trying to pose as though you have an original thought and can’t be bothered to see that others have already answered it.
2018-2-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-13 05:21
I agree with your idea that having the option of getting the emails or not. The idea will be forwarded. Thanks for your attention.

Thanks for that!
2018-2-13
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy getting and reading responses.  Sometimes a response may seem the same but it may have a new small piece of information or maybe it is worded in a way that is easier to understand. It’s a forum. If you don’t want answers don’t ask questions.  Too many answers are better than none at all.
2018-2-13
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried to search for something on this site? Try that and maybe you might see why it appears people post the same questions that may have already been answered.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules