cant download pictures onto laptop from sd card HELP PLEASE
2441 15 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexurrutia20
lvl.1
United States

when i put my sd card into my computer my mavic air pictures are not downloading. they all show a file image. i cannot download them onto lightroom either. can someone please help me solve this issue so i can get out flying and capture beautiful photos ! thanks !!
2018-2-7
Use props
Alexurrutia20
lvl.1
United States

i think its because i was using a sandisk pixtor i see people are recommending the extreme pro. im going to purchase it an try it out !
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alex, so you can view the images but can't download or copy them to your PC, right? Since you mentioned that you will try another SD card, I hope you will succeed. Looking forward to your feedback.
2018-2-9
Use props
Alexurrutia20
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 01:47
Alex, so you can view the images but can't download or copy them to your PC, right? Since you mentioned that you will try another SD card, I hope you will succeed. Looking forward to your feedback.

i can see them in the dji go 4 app but when i tried to transfer them to my laptop the images were blank in the files and when you open them up they dont appear. hopefully the new sandisk extreme pro will help . i get it in thwe mail tomorrow so i will test it out when it arrives. thank you
2018-2-9
Use props
Alexurrutia20
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 01:47

hey DJI Thor ! i got the sandisk extreme pro in and still the same thing. the files are blank and wont load when i put the sd card and adapter in my laptop. please help i want to be able to fly this week and upload my photos ! thank you !
2018-2-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Insert SD card into your laptop and Open the SD card on your PC, select files and drag and drop into a file within your pictures folder on your laptop. Thereafter open each file in whatever editing programme you use.
2018-2-10
Use props
Realist Miami
lvl.1
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-2-10 16:23
Insert SD card into your laptop and Open the SD card on your PC, select files and drag and drop into a file within your pictures folder on your laptop. Thereafter open each file in whatever editing programme you use.

that didnt work. pictures file was still empty
2018-2-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Realist Miami Posted at 2018-2-10 16:33
that didnt work. pictures file was still empty

Did you select SD card as the storage or internal storage! If the latter use the cable and plug the drone into the laptop and drag and drop from there.
2018-2-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

You have to manually change the option from internal storage to sd card storage in the settings
2018-2-10
Use props
Realist Miami
lvl.1
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-2-10 16:41
Did you select SD card as the storage or internal storage! If the latter use the cable and plug the drone into the laptop and drag and drop from there.

i did select sd card. and i tried the cable yesterday the same thing happens
2018-2-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Format both sd card and internal storage and take a few shots as testers on your new card and see if you can drag and drop those from the new card.
2018-2-10
Use props
Realist Miami
lvl.1
United States

i did and it didnt work thanks tho
2018-2-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

No problem, happy to offer a few suggestions. It has me stumped for a solution, will think on it and get back if anything springs to mind.
2018-2-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alexurrutia20 Posted at 2018-2-9 14:51
i can see them in the dji go 4 app but when i tried to transfer them to my laptop the images were blank in the files and when you open them up they dont appear. hopefully the new sandisk extreme pro will help . i get it in thwe mail tomorrow so i will test it out when it arrives. thank you

I want to ensure I understand your scenario correctly.
You say that you can see the images in the GO app. That's in Editor, right? If so, you may be seeing the cached images on your smartdevice, rather than those stored on the Mavic.
You remove the SDCard from the Mavic and insert it into PC, but it's empty apart from a file structure? That implies that the images are stored internally, and not on the SDCard (the default setting). So..
You attach the USB-C cable into the back of the Mavic while powered on, and can't access anything internal? Do you see any virtual storage devices appear in File Explorer at all? Do you hear the PC acknowledge the USB connection (dink donk)?

Reason I'm seeking clarity is because many here are reporting a failure with the PC getting access to the internal storage of the Mavic (internal And SDCard). Sadly that includes me...
2018-2-11
Use props
Realist Miami
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-11 14:26
I want to ensure I understand your scenario correctly.
You say that you can see the images in the GO app. That's in Editor, right? If so, you may be seeing the cached images on your smartdevice, rather than those stored on the Mavic.
You remove the SDCard from the Mavic and insert it into PC, but it's empty apart from a file structure? That implies that the images are stored internally, and not on the SDCard (the default setting). So..

even when i changed the seeting to sd card and formatted it and took new pictures the files are empty on my mac and unable to download onto lightroom either
2018-2-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Realist Miami Posted at 2018-2-11 16:13
even when i changed the seeting to sd card and formatted it and took new pictures the files are empty on my mac and unable to download onto lightroom either

Ah, you're using a Mac. Sorry - can't help. Actually, given my issues with a Win 10 PC, I suspect I'm useless to you there too... :-(
Hope others here can help you sort it.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules