FiLMiC Pro on Mobile 2
39126 61 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dominictaylor7
New
United States

If the record btton functionality  is not fixed before the end of time window to return my Osmo Mobile 2, i will be returning it. The only reason I purchased the Osmo 2 was for Filmic Pro support. I have a perfectly functional  Zhiyun Smooth Q that i can use, as it has no record button functionality either.
2018-4-21
Use props
Vgod89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55699 ft

Any word on any Further development for compatibility with the OM2
2018-4-30
Use props
Vgod89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55699 ft
United States

There’s an update for the filmic pro, unclear if record/shutter button works or not.
AD78F351-55E9-4229-8334-ED733E1A5DD5.png
2018-5-1
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Vgod89 Posted at 2018-5-1 15:39
There’s an update for the filmic pro, unclear if record/shutter button works or not.

I can confirm that the new IOS version of Filmic Pro works with the OM2 including the record button.
2018-5-1
Use props
fans9ef6d0ac
lvl.1
Australia

I can also confirm it works with the Osmo 2 Mobile. The focus pull, exposure shift, and record button work fine.

The zoom however is faulty, I can zoom in but can not zoom out using the 4 way pad on the Osmo Mobile 2
2018-5-1
Use props
Ethan Cole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1576227 ft
  • >>>
Italy

And regards the stabilizer? If I set off with Filmic Pro, this was the results:

At least I could decide to rebuy the osmo mobile 2 if it works...
2018-5-1
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ethan Cole Posted at 2018-5-1 23:53
And regards the stabilizer? If I set off with Filmic Pro, this was the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x97tYyDJ2-E

That switch has no effect on OIS (Optical Image Stableization) it is used to turn off DIS (Digital Image Stabilization).
2018-5-2
Use props
thedudeabides
lvl.1

New Zealand

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-5-2 11:26
That switch has no effect on OIS (Optical Image Stableization) it is used to turn off DIS (Digital Image Stabilization).

FiLMiC Pro does actually disable OIS and EIS. The issue lies in the fact that Apple's hardware lens design still allows for it to move physically - and that is what causes the jitter.
2018-5-2
Use props
Ethan Cole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1576227 ft
  • >>>
Italy

thedudeabides Posted at 2018-5-2 19:37
FiLMiC Pro does actually disable OIS and EIS. The issue lies in the fact that Apple's hardware lens design still allows for it to move physically - and that is what causes the jitter.

But Osmo Mobile 2 don't let me to have smooth camera movement without any external stabilizer?

Otherwise it's a useless gimbal, forgive me...
2018-5-3
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

thedudeabides Posted at 2018-5-2 19:37

Exactly, the lens is still moving hence the OIS is not shut off.
2018-5-3
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-5-3 09:21
Exactly, the lens is still moving hence the OIS is not shut off.

Useful tutorial on the updated Filmic Pro and OSMO 2 Mobile available here. It nicely describes how Filmic has re-purposed the zoom buttons to switch modes for the Pan/Tilt knob, and why they did it.
2018-5-4
Use props
HeavyDuty
lvl.1
United States

Rather than start a new thread, I’ll ask here where existing Filmic Pro users are hanging out.

I just ordered an Osmo Mobile 2 today, and will be using it with my iPhone 7.  I’m planning on using Filmic Pro.

My question: I’d also like to run Filmic Remote on my iPad Pro at the same time to control the iPhone running Filmic Pro.  Can an iPhone support connections to the Osmo Mobile 2 *and* Filmic Remote running on another device at the same time?

Thanks!
2018-5-9
Use props
Pablo76
New
Spain

I am wondering if it could be possible to implement in future versions os Filmic Pro the zoom in mode 2 with the up and down joystick.
2018-5-10
Use props
djiuser_OPpQwoV4ng0x
New
New Zealand

Hi, has anybody encountered an issue with osmo mobile 2 and filmic pro? Filmic pro app was unable to connect with filmic pro, im currently using pixel 2 xl on android pie.
2018-10-7
Use props
asimo20
lvl.1
Turkey

hello everyone ,any progress on filmic pro's (android) integration of  osmo mobile 2   ? I'm trying to find  active tracking and hyperlapse or moving hyperlapse modes are supported by filmic pro ?
have nice day...
2018-11-15
Use props
cyrilp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14465 ft
  • >>>
France

asimo20 Posted at 11-15 09:47
hello everyone ,any progress on filmic pro's (android) integration of  osmo mobile 2   ? I'm trying to find  active tracking and hyperlapse or moving hyperlapse modes are supported by filmic pro ?
have nice day...

intetested in same thing, would love to use active track and filmic pro
2018-11-30
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

asimo20 Posted at 11-15 09:47
hello everyone ,any progress on filmic pro's (android) integration of  osmo mobile 2   ? I'm trying to find  active tracking and hyperlapse or moving hyperlapse modes are supported by filmic pro ?
have nice day...

As of 11/15/2018, FilMic Pro doesn't support Active Track.... Don't know about Hyperlapse.  

FWIW, I've been in contact with FilMic over the last three months and they say that there are issues with the DJI SDK... some sort of conflict that results in unacceptable lag.  I contacted DJI and they know about the issue and it seemed like they are interested in resolving it.  Lag is a typical issue when the video "work" is being done by the phone and the control to follow the subject is implemented by the gimbal hardware.  A whole lot of Bluetooth data being transferred back and forth.  Similar -and more difficult- with the Osmo original.  ....one of the reasons it hasn't been implemented in that configuration.
2018-12-2
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm unable to pair OM2 with Filmic Pro on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro at the moment. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Now it just refuses to connect. Also have an issue where FP just shows a black screen rather than the live view with or without the OM2 involved.

2018-12-3
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 12-3 01:02
I'm unable to pair OM2 with Filmic Pro on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro at the moment. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Now it just refuses to connect. Also have an issue where FP just shows a black screen rather than the live view with or without the OM2 involved.

[view_image][view_image]

I've had an odd issue connecting.

First time connection...
I found that going into Bluetooth and forgetting the OM2 resolved the problem and got me connected.

Subsequent connections...
Closing and restarting the app solved the problem.
I use the task switching feature to properly close the app. I also make sure "DJI Go" is closed too so they aren't fighting over which app gets the connection.
2018-12-3
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

Pablo76 Posted at 5-10 09:57
I am wondering if it could be possible to implement in future versions os Filmic Pro the zoom in mode 2 with the up and down joystick.

I think Filmic Pro have decided that digital zoom degrades the quality and therefore it's more important to have the mode function. I think they are happy with their decision and so this won't happen.
2018-12-3
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

I just bought the OM2 and there is no way to connect it with Filmic Pro with my Samsung Galaxy S9.
I tried the whole afternoon and it´s impossible.
I did all written in previous posts. Once the OM2 is linked with the phone, I open Filmic Pro and nothing happens, even when I select "DJI OSMO" in "Hardware" settings.

2018-12-18
Use props
Sam LaVanaway
New

United States

This thread went dark. I got the Osmo 2 mobile for Christmas.  I bought Filmic Pro when they said they had the Android version working like the iPhone. Tried it in January and thought it worked. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to get it working on Ellis island. I can get it started, connected (Initiated, is the term I think) but it does not allow me to switch modes using the zoom button.

DJI Go works and the zoom works like it should. If I don't shut down DJI Go then Filmic Pro will not connect.Even after starting the phone the zoom button will not switch modes. I can control the camera from the buttons, record, stop recording, but the thumb joystick just moves the gimble up, down, left and right.

Any ideas?

I wrote support at Filmic Pro.
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules