Calling all Florida Drone Pilots URGENT!!!!!
1479 12 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Any Drone Pilot in Florida needs to contact Govenor Rick Scott's Office today and tel him that you do not agree with the Senate Bill 766. This would be a bad law! We need to call today because the bill passed the house and senate and will go to the govenor to sign. PLease be polite and state how this bill would be very bad for businesses that want to capture real estate. This is very important and your voice needs to be heard!

Here is the link for SB776 please read it and call now!!!!
https://www.flsenate.gov/Session ... /BillText/Filed/PDF

http://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/

We have to unite against bad legislation.

2015-4-29
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

So it is ok to use a zoom lens and park in front of your house and take pictures, makes no sense. Stupid f*#(%~g law makers!
2015-4-29
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Done, son.  I emailed him.

It is just strange as someone can just jump in a helicopter for about a hundred bucks and do the same thing...in fact event better with a 36 or 50 megapixel camera...far more incriminating photos could be taken from a real helicopter.

Anyway, wrong target.

Thanks for pointing it out.
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
United States

Morrisson Posted at 2015-4-29 22:05
Done, son.  I emailed him.

It is just strange as someone can just jump in a helicopter for about a  ...

Thank you. I hope more people will do the same. When people are silent, that is when our freedoms are taken away.
2015-4-29
Use props
gboivin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I emailed Governor's office. I opposed this bill. Thank you for the info Gatorone30
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
United States

Just an update I called the Governor's Office. Their phone number is 850-717-9337. PLease Please Please be polite. They were very nice to talk to. I explained our position with respect the business operators in Florida that want to use drones  for Real Estate photography and how it would cripple our business and expose us to civil suits. Also how it creates and an unequal playing field with respect to Helicopter and UAV photography.

Also I told her that the cameras are not such that you can zoom right into peoples windows etc. and of course if someone used a drone to do that that would be a peeping tom situation.

The call only took 5 min and they were positive to my comments. again please call and be professional and polite. We have to stand up for our right to use UAVs for photography. If you want  you can just leave a message by selecting option 2 during the phone call.

Thank you for all your help!
2015-4-29
Use props
otowneddie
lvl.1

United States

Gatorone30 Posted at 2015-4-29 23:20
Just an update I called the Governor's Office. Their phone number is 850-717-9337. PLease Please Ple ...

emailed the Governor's office as well. Thanks for the heads up Gatorone30.
2015-4-29
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Well, the state of Florida, in it's infinite "wisdom", may be about to pass another half-thought-out piece of legislature. This mess will ban the "drone" from photographing anyone on their own property....or even photographing their property with a "drone". Apparently a regular camera is OK. To top it off...it will not be enforced by law enforcement...but through civil lawsuits(ambulance-chaser's dream). This could be interpreted as anyone who is flying a drone might be interpreted as shooting photos of privately owned property and be sued. Of course, none of this legislation will hold up in a court in the Western world...of course I'm not sure Florida is a part of the Western world with our crazy Governor and his even crazier legislators. The bottom line here is that the legislators are writing laws to protect the wealthy from being bothered by the unwashed masses...but the results will be lawsuits by every paranoid nut in the state(a substantial number). Court dockets will get stuffed with frivolous lawsuits. My attitude? I only fly over water and open spaces...I avoid houses and people...and if someone wants to sue me...go ahead...I have nothing of value and a lot of bills...I am retired and there is no pro-bono lawyer that would mess with the pittance they'd get from me.

As far as calling or writing politicians....go ahead...knock yourself out. You'll get polite responses....but no results.
2015-4-29
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-4-30 04:36
Well, the state of Florida, in it's infinite "wisdom", may be about to pass another half-thought-out ...

Actually it's even worse than you say: the people don't need a pro-bono lawyer, because the legislation AWARDS ATTORNEYS FEES as part of the lawsuit.  It is indeed an ambulance chaser's dream.
2015-4-29
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Yes...but they do have to win the lawsuit....if the plaintiff loses, they have to foot the bill. The problem for the plaintiff is that they must prove that their privacy was violated...this would require video evidence....and under the present law...if the camera on the "drone" is turned off....there is no violation. People can sue all they want....but without any type of evidence..it will be considered a frivolous suit and thrown out of court. The people that will have the most trouble from this law are one who fly in their own neighborhoods....fly over the same property after having been asked not to do so...actually using a drone for surveillance  (private detectives, police) or trying to photograph people where they have an "expectation of privacy"...for example over fences etc. My biggest gripe is that it will be more of a hassle to fly locally and there will be some people who will interpret the law in their own ignorant way.  
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-4-30 05:02
Yes...but they do have to win the lawsuit....if the plaintiff loses, they have to foot the bill. The ...

Exactly,

It is not over yet. The Governor needs to sign it. If we can get enough people to call his office there is a chance if even a slim one that it may have an effect. All I do know is that if we do nothing then there is no chance to change things. I call the AMA Government Affairs Dept  today and they have the Florida AMA rep looking into it.

It may be pie in the sky but you have to try!
2015-4-29
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I think the fact that the AMA is just now looking into it, shows they really don't care that much about the welfare of "drone" flyers.
2015-4-29
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

I took these pics from a real heli
I took these pics from a real plane
I found these pics on the internet
What pics? what are you talking about?

pete1144 is spot on.
the burden of proof is on the plaintiff
without confession/admission of guilt, zero cases will be won

the no drone law would be silly.
as the law is now, the neighbors have security cams on their house and they can watch me boink my girl in my backyard.
the cops would say, "then go inside" ..... (but I like showing off) -

Bob Marley
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules