New Vision Pilot Plus app on iOS (Follow Me)
7629 59 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-1 12:17
What is the new update you refer to (SDK, Phantom firmware...)?   Please clarify.

refering to the new phantom firmware
2015-5-1
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-5-1 20:32

we believe it should work fine on the latest version.  But we need to double check if we are using v3.14   We will get back to you soon.   
2015-5-1
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The way I want follow me to work is like this: Take off, put the drone where you want in the sky and tap follow me. The drone then keeps its relative position to you as you move with the camera pointing at you. Simple. This way you don't need to worry about setting the angle.
2015-5-1
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-5-1 20:32

Hi, just confirmed we used v3.12 to test our app.  we believe it should work fine on v3.14 since there is only a minor update.  
2015-5-1
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-5-1 23:39
The way I want follow me to work is like this: Take off, put the drone where you want in the sky and ...

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion.   we just want to make sure we understand your idea.  for example, if you want your phantom to always be to left of you, you need to rotate your body 90 degree and then tag follow me.  if you want your phantom to always be to southwest of you, you need to rotate your body 135 degree and then tag follow me.  it is correct?   
2015-5-1
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-2 07:54
Hi, just confirmed we used v3.12 to test our app.  we believe it should work fine on v3.14 since t ...

Ugh...do you plan to test it with YOUR phantom firmware upgraded to 3.14?  Not that I don't trust what your saying but...
2015-5-1
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-2 07:54
Hi, just confirmed we used v3.12 to test our app.  we believe it should work fine on v3.14 since t ...

Ugh...do you plan to test it with YOUR phantom firmware upgraded to 3.14?  Not that I don't trust what your saying but...
2015-5-1
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-5-2 09:29
Ugh...do you plan to test it with YOUR phantom firmware upgraded to 3.14?  Not that I don't trust  ...

we just updated our phantoms to v3.14 and will keep you updated.
2015-5-1
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-2 08:00
Hi, Thanks for your suggestion.   we just want to make sure we understand your idea.  for example, ...

Since the goal is for nice looking video, you want to move the drone as little as possible. So if the drone is on a bearing of 172 degrees from your location and 100 feet away and 60 feet above you when you trigger follow me, it stays there regardless of which direction you are facing or walking. Other reasons for it to work this way: It is easier to code. It is less sensitive to small jumps in GPS location or other errors. It is less prone to bugs. It is easy for the user to understand. It should adjust its altitude as you walk up and down hills but try to smooth that as much as possible. It also keeps itself oriented to your position to keep you in view of the camera but since the drone is not moving much that should be easy to do and to keep smooth (no jerky vision). You may want to make the look at me part optional. I can think of some reasons I would want the drone to follow my location but look in some other direction.
2015-5-2
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-5-2 16:43
Since the goal is for nice looking video, you want to move the drone as little as possible. So if t ...

hi, thanks for your feedback.  it seems that we have implemented a similar GPS mode "Hover" .  It keeps your phantom stay in place and rotate your phantom to point toward your device while hovering at specified altitude.   
2015-5-2
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-3 06:44
hi, thanks for your feedback.  it seems that we have implemented a similar GPS mode "Hover" .  It  ...

Use the application for the first time and note that after 300 feet approx. from my home point the video was rather slow. Even when the quat was landed still seeing video on my iphone.
2015-5-4
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

manuelnegronpr@ Posted at 2015-5-4 18:50
Use the application for the first time and note that after 300 feet approx. from my home point the ...

sorry about the late reply.   could you tell us what iOS version you are using?

since we used the dji sdk to develop the app, it seems that the old sdk got problem with the latest iOS release.  currently we are working with dji dev team and will get you updated.
2015-5-6
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-6 20:51
sorry about the late reply.   could you tell us what iOS version you are using?

since we used the ...

I have the latest iOS release
2015-5-11
Use props
davidziegler
lvl.2
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-1 19:50
Hi, it should be

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-pilot

I think the apps its cool if working well. I don't understand why people always use the word greedy when someone work on something and want to make some sale.

Are you, you guys working for free? Let the man make business. If the app works well, I'm ok to pay $10. Stop bitching, and complaining.

Question: this app work with a Iphone 5s?

2015-5-14
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

davidziegler@da Posted at 2015-5-15 06:23
I think the apps its cool if working well. I don't understand why people always use the word greed ...

since we used the dji sdk to develop the app,  it seems that the sdk got problem with iOS 8.3.   we have contacted dji about the issue.   we will get you updated.
2015-5-15
Use props
davidziegler
lvl.2
United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-15 18:17
since we used the dji sdk to develop the app,  it seems that the sdk got problem with iOS 8.3.   w ...

I have the Iphone 5S 7.1.2 version. I didn't update to the new version 8.3 and I don't want to. So your app work well on my version?
2015-5-21
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

davidziegler@da Posted at 2015-5-21 23:39
I have the Iphone 5S 7.1.2 version. I didn't update to the new version 8.3 and I don't want to. So ...

if you are using iOS 8.1, it should work fine.  we got two ipad air 2 with iOS 8.1.2 installed and our app work perfectly on them.
we did upgraded some of our iphone 6 and ipad air 2 to iOS 8.3 to do the comparison. it seems that the sdk got problem with iOS 8.3.  and we have contact dji about this issues
2015-5-22
Use props
rperry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 308048 ft
United States

Does this work for the Phantom 3 Pro ? If not, are there plans for release of a Follow Me feature for the Pro 3 ?
2015-5-27
Use props
Antler
New

Canada

When using follow me mode, do you have to have the remote as well as the GPS iOS device on you?

My hope is to go surfing and have the phantom track me as I ride the waves and then return to its home position once it's battery gets low but obviously keeping the remote in my pocket won't be possible. My iPhone will be in a water proof case.

2015-6-7
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Antler Posted at 2015-6-7 21:52
When using follow me mode, do you have to have the remote as well as the GPS iOS device on you?[/bac ...

Hi, you need a GPS iOS device since the phantom follow your iOS device.
2015-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules