Something Interesting and Funny found on my P4(A/P+) Controller
672 6 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1352083 ft
United States

So today I was previewing some of my files on my P4A+ Controller from the shots I got about an hour ago. I then decided to get familiar with the settings and menus and such so I had the knowledge if I needed it later. After this I went into the DJI_RECORD folder under Album and found this file that was not me flying. It was the test flight from when I got my drone repaired and the camera was recording. The thing is for me that sucks is that I got the drone repaired for a range and image transmission issue that wouldn't go farther than 3000ft. I don't think a minute flight indoors shows any sign that the drone was fixed; luckily it was. Other than this I laughed MAO when I saw this. Here is the video.

2018-2-8
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Well I get your point about testing the areas you were having it repaired for, but there are a couple of points you can conclude from this.
1) They actually tested your aircraft in flight not just using a diagnostic program on it
2) They are very good at doing the flight test job as for being indoors without GPS they were very solid and controlled, I assume that was in OPTI Mode (this assumes it was not flown by some kind of an AI program)
3) DJI does not appear to spend a lot of money on fancy testing and repair facilities, as obviously they were running these tests in the warehouse/shipping area

As I think you have, look on the bright side your bird was fixed and you've got this little vid for your and now our enjoyment
2018-2-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you notice their wind tunnel
2018-2-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They could have used one of the landing pads... Ha

Instead it gets slammed into the concrete. Ok fixed. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-2-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ill take a pallet of those drones
2018-2-9
Use props
Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1352083 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-2-8 20:13
Well I get your point about testing the areas you were having it repaired for, but there are a couple of points you can conclude from this.
1) They actually tested your aircraft in flight not just using a diagnostic program on it
2) They are very good at doing the flight test job as for being indoors without GPS they were very solid and controlled, I assume that was in OPTI Mode (this assumes it was not flown by some kind of an AI program)

Yeah, I get the point you're making and I support it as the fact that they probably have to test fly 10 pallets of those drones you see in the video a day LOL. I am satisfied with DJI's efforts to repair the drone and test it at all before sending it back. Great job DJI!
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hahaha, very professional... They use 3rd party helipads too (the orange one...). Perhaps these ones are those to contaminate FW's with bugs and scraps...Hracek, thanks for sharing. We laughed a little which is good... I wonder where our beloved and trusty Beta's are created Saw some laptops there but perhaps is Delivery and Logistics only...
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules