Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone repeatedly connecting and disconnecting from remote
6845 13 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucas1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93996 ft
Canada

I just got my Mavic Air yesterday. I charged everything up and tried to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android) phone to it with the short wire (micro usb to micro usb) provided. It would not work within the app and I could not figure out why. I noticed that it would connect for 2 seconds then disconnect for 2 seconds and repeat this forever. I had USB debugging enabled on my phone but I tried with it off too. Tried in airplane mode as well. I tried another micro usb to usb-A cable that I use to charge my phone and plugged it into the bottom of the remote. That worked!

Is my cable broken or is something else wrong?
2018-2-8
Use props
lucas1
lvl.3
Canada

I just tried the same cable with my old oneplus one android and it does not repeatedly connect and disconnect. Sounds like a software issue. Is there a workaround?
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_bV5Hp6Pmx9rb
New
Flight distance : 18707 ft
South Africa

I am having the same issue connecting to my Samsung tablet regardless of the cable I use.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please try to change a USB cable for further check. Which port did you use when you build the connection? Thanks for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
lucas1
lvl.3
Canada

I only have a single micro USB to micro USB cable in the fly more combo. How can I change it?

I used the port on the left side of the controller. Thought it was obvious since the other port is usb-A
2018-2-9
Use props
lucas1
lvl.3
Canada

I tried the supplied micro USB to USB-C then I put the supplied USB-C to micro USB adapter. It worked with my Galaxy S7. It looks like the micro USB to micro USB cable might be defective. How do I request a new one?
2018-2-13
Use props
lucas1
lvl.3
Canada

In case anyone comes across this post, I did a live chat and got a new cable from DJI. I haven't flown with it yet, but I was able to plug it in to my S7 and did not have the same problem.
2018-2-26
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I don't have the Air, but I do fly the Mavic Pro.  One of the quickest things to go out it seems is the little cable to link to the Phone/Tablet.  On mine, when the phone starts acting up dropping connection, I just get another cable.  I use Android.  Flying now, I don't even use the USB micro on the side.  The only thing that I use it for is Charging the RC.  I use the one on the bottom of the controller.  Go to any electronic or office supply store and pick up a short USB A to Micro cable.  I got about 4 in my Flight bag.  The best one that I've found so far, I got from Staples office supply.  I had to order it online though.  Google for StarTech UUSBHAUB1LA 1ft Micro USB Cable, A to Left Angle Micro B.   $6.19.  Fits, works great.  Try something like that.  Easier than contacting DJI and getting one shipped out from them.  

You might want to swap out and use your cable that you usually use for charging your S7 and test it first to see if changing your cable fixes the problem.  But those little flat cables don't seem to last too long.  My Note 5 has dropped out twice 9 months and swapping cables has fixed it each time.  
2018-2-26
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Same here only use the micro USB for charging, hopefully that don't wear out !!
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_zfyI8M2FCqCq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28596 ft

Costa Rica

I got a mini 2 but the rc doesn't connect to my phone samsung but my brother rc does connect to my phone. My rc just start charging my phone and then disconnects after 3 seconds and immediately connects again and keep happening the same again and again.  My rc connects to my dad phone no problem, it connects to some of my friends and phones no problem, so far doesn't connect to my samsung and my cousins xiomi 11 as well connecting and disconnecting,  BTW  it doesn't even shows or prompts the option for usb devices on the phone  like transferring files or only charging help????
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_zfyI8M2FCqCq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28596 ft

Costa Rica

lucas1 Posted at 2018-2-8 21:42
I just tried the same cable with my old oneplus one android and it does not repeatedly connect and disconnect. Sounds like a software issue. Is there a workaround?

Did you solved the issues other than buying a new phone or dji?
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_gcw5M8rl8sG4
New

Italy

I have the same issue, it works fine with other phones, but wont connect to my xiaomi redmi mi 11pro even with new cables
2022-8-26
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread but one small thing to look into, is any dust in the USB ports on your phone.
Phones mostly live in pockets where there's dust and lint. I had my old phones that would have trouble charging unless the cable is inserted a certain way. Then I found out after cleaning the lint out of the USB ports, it plugs in and connects fine. You can do this with a safety pin or a thin flexible plastic (like from a cup).
2022-9-7
Use props
koszyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1426516 ft
Poland

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S10+. Tried hundreds cables, different settings modes and still cannot connect phone to RC controller. Every time shows message "check charger connection" and after few seconds disconnects and over and over again. The best part is that it works perfectly fine with Galaxy S6 Edge and iPhone. Since February I can't find sollution.
2022-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules