anyone else stuck in PAL mode?
1149 4 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I got my P3 yesterday, (Tues 4/28)  and upon activation chose NTSC and Imperial.  Apparently the NTSC and PAL options are reversed in the software, so it put me in PAL mode.

I can't choose any NTSC frame rates for shooting video.  I'm stuck in PAL mode and I can't get out of it.  I can find nowhere that lets me choose NTSC or PAL in any of the option screens.

I can't find any way to run activation again.

Is anyone else having this problem?

2015-4-29
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1129629 ft
United States

Same here. havent even got off the ground yet! grrr
2015-5-4
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1129629 ft
United States

bluemagic@comca Posted at 2015-5-5 07:02
Same here. havent even got off the ground yet! grrr

download the 10.1.0 app
2015-5-4
Use props
wcoleman
lvl.1

United States

I have the Android 10.1.0 app and still cannot get 30fps. So I am still in PAL frame rates. I also have an iOS device with the new iOS app and same thing. Anyone have any idea how to re-do the initialization where apparently PAL and NTSC were reversed. Regardless of having a bug where they are reversed, there is apparently no way to switch between PAL and NTSC frame rates. This is needed as many of us do projects in varying international frame rates. Those who say there should be no difference in 25 fps and 30 fps have not had any experience in professional post-production. While frame rates can be converted through a pull-down or pull-up process, it causes motion artifacts that are undesirable.
2015-5-6
Use props
wcoleman
lvl.1

United States

Found my answer:

On the Android app you cannot switch between PAL and NTSC. When you initially register, the registration process is backwards. If you select NTSC it puts you in PAL. This locks you out of 30 and 60 fps and gives you 25 or 50 fps. This is not good if you shoot professionally like I do.  Once you register it you cannot change it on the Android app. You need the iOS app.

ON THE iOS APP ONLY, that selection is on the little tool selector just above the switch between video and still camera. Once you select it, then select "More" and you will see the NTSC and PAL selector button. Sure enough even though I had registered as NTSC it had me in PAL. Changed it and I was good to go. Thanks to Kevin at IntelligentUAS (my dealer) customer support for chasing this fix down for me.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules