Spark Portable Power Park
1673 18 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wreo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

Hello, I am looking to purchase the power pack and I have a few questions...

1) Does the charger charge all the batteries at the same time?

2) If question 1 is false, can you set it to charge just 1 battery at a time?

3) If question 1 is true, how long does it take?

For the people that do have the power pack... what are your thoughts on it?  Is it worth the price?  Or should I go for the charging hub?

Thanks for the help!

2018-2-8
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

Also, does anyone have the dimensions of the portable power pack?
2018-2-8
Use props
fansdcf05e40
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820108 ft
United States

dont have the dimensions but it charges one battery at a time amd if you have the spark attached to the power pack it takes priority i love it becauae i usually fly in remote locations it takes roughly 35-40 mins to charge one battery left at 20 percent so while i fly a it charges the other ones at a good rate. depends on how fast you want to charge and fly
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wreo Posted at 2018-2-8 21:59
Also, does anyone have the dimensions of the portable power pack?

Hi, there. I would recommend you read the manual from our website and please note that battery in sleeping mode will not be charged first. It takes two and a half hours to fully charge three batteries: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20171116/Spark+Portable+Station_v1.0_multi.pdf
Portable Power Pack.png
2018-2-8
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-8 22:48
Hi, there. I would recommend you read the manual from our website and please note that battery in sleeping mode will not be charged first. It takes two and a half hours to fully charge three batteries: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20171116/Spark+Portable+Station_v1.0_multi.pdf

Why can’t it charge them all at the same time like the battery charging hub?

Also what are it’s dimensions?
2018-2-8
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Wreo Posted at 2018-2-8 23:03
Why can’t it charge them all at the same time like the battery charging hub?

Also what are it’s dimensions?

The charging hub is powered by the mains, the charging station by an internal battery. I guess the battery in the portable charging station doesn't have enough output to charge more than one battery at full power/maximum speed. If it was configured to charge two or three at the same time, it would probably just take twice or three times as long.

Usually, the dimension are to be found in the spec sheet.
2018-2-8
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-8 23:30
The charging hub is powered by the mains, the charging station by an internal battery. I guess the battery in the portable charging station doesn't have enough output to charge more than one battery at full power/maximum speed. If it was configured to charge two or three at the same time, it would probably just take twice or three times as long.

What about when you the portable charger is plugged into the wall?  Then does it charge them all at the same time?  Also I couldn’t find the dimensions on the specs list.

Thanks
2018-2-9
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-8 23:30
The charging hub is powered by the mains, the charging station by an internal battery. I guess the battery in the portable charging station doesn't have enough output to charge more than one battery at full power/maximum speed. If it was configured to charge two or three at the same time, it would probably just take twice or three times as long.

What about when you the portable charger is plugged into the wall?  Then does it charge them all at the same time?  Also I couldn’t find the dimensions on the specs list.

Thanks
2018-2-9
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Wreo Posted at 2018-2-9 00:06

Hmm...good question, but I do not own one, so I don't know. It would certainly have enough power from the 100V/220V outlet, but it depends on the wiring and the internal components as well, so maybe one of the DJI administrators here can check on that (or you try and call customer service).

As for the dimensions, that's unusual, I couldn't find them either. If you look at the pics with the Spark in it, it seems to be about the same size as the styrofoam box the Spark was delivered in, but it's hard to tell how high (deep) it is. Does it also need an external power brick, like the charging hub?
Are you saying that you're going to buy either the charging hub or the portable charging station? I don't know how much the charging hub costs on its own (I bought the combo), but I guess if I had to get one now, I would rather get the portable station. The portable station is only about 40 US$ if you substract the price of the two batteries that come with it, that's quite reasonable. But since I already have the hub, I'm not going to buy it.

2018-2-9
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

It is charging the batteries one by one in sequence, even when connected to external power. Keep in mind that's when it's charging its internal battery, too.
2018-2-9
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

size:
162mm*178mm*86mm
2018-2-9
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-9 04:44
size:
162mm*178mm*86mm

Thank you!
2018-2-9
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

KurtVD Posted at 2018-2-9 00:51
Hmm...good question, but I do not own one, so I don't know. It would certainly have enough power from the 100V/220V outlet, but it depends on the wiring and the internal components as well, so maybe one of the DJI administrators here can check on that (or you try and call customer service).

As for the dimensions, that's unusual, I couldn't find them either. If you look at the pics with the Spark in it, it seems to be about the same size as the styrofoam box the Spark was delivered in, but it's hard to tell how high (deep) it is. Does it also need an external power brick, like the charging hub?

Ok thanks for the help!
2018-2-9
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I believe this is a smart charger so doesn't matter how it's connected to what ever source it still charge the batteries in order and not all at once
2018-2-9
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-2-9 20:09
I believe this is a smart charger so doesn't matter how it's connected to what ever source it still charge the batteries in order and not all at once

Thank you!
2018-2-11
Use props
ZGlide
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114386 ft
Taiwan

Hi all!  The spark portable charger IS able to charge 2 batteries at once. Just connect your spark to its USB port, while letting it charge one of the other batteries in the bay.  I don't know how, but this just dawned on me The other day.  Tried it, and it worked!
2018-4-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at the review that Rick does on his Drone Valley YouTube channel.  Very comprehensive and he lays out the charge process and exactly how he has used it.  Drone Valley has been one of the better resources for other product reviews, as well.  Check also FlytPath and Dragon7.  All done by articulate pilots.

-Charges one battery at a time starting with the one that has the highest voltage.  The intent is to get you flying as soon as possible.
-If you charging the Power Bank too, the Station and the one battery do charge simultaneously;
-If you are using the USB port(s), those charge independently of the aircraft batteries and Bank;
-Charging times will vary depending on how much charge is left in the battery and/or bank.  (Rick alludes to batteries starting at 20%)
-For me, with batteries around 10% and the Bank 'depleted' to where it wouldn't charge flight batteries further, it took just under two hours.
-Dimensions are listed in the Spec (see the DJI store link to Spark Accessories)
-If you buy it you MUST consider the 19$ case option.  Spark RC, extra props, all store neatly in a flight ready case.
-Also, consider the Bank+ option.  Adds two batteries for the price of one.

2018-4-30
Use props
GlobetrotterGP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mine also charges from a usb battery pack. I will probably still get 1 spare battery as it takes an hour or so to charge but it’s a lot cheaper!
2018-5-1
Use props
fans2f4588e1
New
Flight distance : 24262 ft
Australia

I just bought one and the compatible bag. Love the charger as it allows you that extra charge away from mains power.

The bag is great, fits the portable charger, controller, USB cable and spare props.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules