Overview
  • Date: 2018.02.09
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0200
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.5
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:v4.2.5

What’s New?
Aircraft:
  • Added support for using SmartCapture without a remote controller and DJI GO 4. Added a group photo mode to SmartCapture.
  • Optimized GEO Zone management.
  • Shortened time taken to power off.
  • Optimized transmission quality when transmitting at 2.4 GHz.
  • Improved takeoff performance to dampen a shaking phenomenon experienced by some aircraft during takeoff.
  • Improved takeoff performance when taking off in conditions that are not suitable for the Downward Vision System.
  • Optimized Asteroid exposure settings.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented the aircraft from taking off following activation.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the DJI GO 4 app to display a Downward Vision System calibration error.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the battery level display to be incorrect if an Intelligent Flight Battery was not fully charged when used for the first time.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the aircraft to land unexpectedly.

Remote Controller:
  • Added support for using the DJI Goggles Head Tracking Flight feature.
  • Shortened time taken to power on.
  • Changed default control stick deadband settings.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the remote controller restart automatically.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused linking to fail.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused iOS device to start charging and the DJI GO 4 app not to connect to the aircraft when a mobile device was attached using an RC cable.
  • Changed the default settings for the Function button and Customizable button.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • This firmware update resets the camera settings.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2018-2-9
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

@DJI,

Is there possibility to downgrade to previous firmware once upgraded?

Anybody tested?
2018-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2018-2-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

d.a.v.i.d Posted at 2018-2-9 03:47
@DJI,

Is there possibility to downgrade to previous firmware once upgraded?

There is the downgrade option to .0100
2018-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s FW update at the office today, P4Pro,Crystalsky, MavAir, anymore.... yes there is Mavic Pro .
2018-2-9
Use props
chrysek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210574 ft
United States

Hi, updated to new firmware and on my dji appI got two thick vertical lines.
2018-2-9
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

"Improved takeoff performance to dampen a shaking phenomenon experienced by some aircraft during takeoff." Nice Job
2018-2-9
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Yeah! Thanks for addressing the ‘shaking’ issue so quickly. If I have a chance to test today, will report.
2018-2-9
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

So want to install this, but also so aware its a Friday afternoon and being a software eng, I know what Friday afternoon builds/releases are like
2018-2-9
Use props
chrysek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210574 ft
United States

After I updated my Air to new firmware I got those two vertical lines on my app, but it does not seem to affect video or photos.

UPDATE: when I rebooted both drone and remote plus restarted my app those thick vertical lines are gone and seems all to be ok.
2018-2-9
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

How do you activate the SmartCapture mode without the app?
2018-2-9
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Good updates if I look at the changelog.

Updating worked great, although I still can't connect the Remote with the DJI Assistant on Windows 10. Had to update the Remote with the DJI Go app.
2018-2-9
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mmh, my android app version is 4.2.6...... what am i missing?
2018-2-9
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-9 06:39
How do you activate the SmartCapture mode without the app?

+1 - I'm not at home so I can't update and check it out. Some kind of release notes or instructions somewhere? Maybe it just does it as soon as you turn it on by default?
2018-2-9
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Being new to DJI and my first drone, I did the first update via the app, this second update I thought I would try Assistant 2 and happy to say they both worked first time, though did get a message pop up about a Kernel but vanished before I could read it fully, this on a PC windows 10 machine.. all in all a happy bunny
2018-2-9
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-9 06:55
+1 - I'm not at home so I can't update and check it out. Some kind of release notes or instructions somewhere? Maybe it just does it as soon as you turn it on by default?

Oh, yes please! +2
2018-2-9
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maybe there is a new button mode with 4 beeps: Enable Smart Capture or something.... Will try in a few minutes
2018-2-9
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I did not find the option... but the controls feel much better
2018-2-9
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this update also for the intelligent batteries of the MA ?
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-9 05:06
It’s FW update at the office today, P4Pro,Crystalsky, MavAir, anymore.... yes there is Mavic Pro .

Yes, very exciting :-) CS done, now MA...
2018-2-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I took  little drive to a monastery local to where I live today, hoping to get some nice aerial footage. Set up the Mavic, turned on the RC & AC opened the app go figure FW update notification, back home and updated, so will go back to the Monastery tomorrow.  Thankfully only 5 minute drive so no hassle.
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

dari_017 Posted at 2018-2-9 09:03

This time it's only for MA and RC. Have changed battery to check and there was no update notice.
2018-2-9
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-9 09:34
This time it's only for MA and RC. Have changed battery to check and there was no update notice.

I just within the last 1/2 hour did the same, and found just as you did that she was still 100% good to go after swapping out batteries. But like you I had to do an AC FW update, and I think a total of 2 for the RC (the second one was much smaller and faster, like 7 MB). Maiden flight tomorrow afternoon!
2018-2-9
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-9 09:34
This time it's only for MA and RC. Have changed battery to check and there was no update notice.

Thank you Wachtberger for that, I will only charge 1 battery to do the update since it is too windy to fly here today, have you had a chance to test the new firmware with your MA ?
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

dari_017 Posted at 2018-2-9 09:58
Thank you Wachtberger for that, I will only charge 1 battery to do the update since it is too windy to fly here today, have you had a chance to test the new firmware with your MA ?

No, not yet. It's evening/dark here already. Tomorrow I shall test.
2018-2-9
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-9 10:07
No, not yet. It's evening/dark here already. Tomorrow I shall test.

Great I’ll keep an eye here to see if you found anything , thanks again.
2018-2-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

dari_017 Posted at 2018-2-9 10:30
Great I’ll keep an eye here to see if you found anything , thanks again.

You are welcome!
2018-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dari_017 Posted at 2018-2-9 09:58
Thank you Wachtberger for that, I will only charge 1 battery to do the update since it is too windy to fly here today, have you had a chance to test the new firmware with your MA ?

I downloaded new FW and I flew for just 15 minutes as wind here was 45kph , everything is working fine, no shaking although I don’t know if I had shaking because this was the first chance I had to fly my Mavic Air.
I have to say it is working great I didn’t have any problems.
2018-2-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

We'll, I just tested my new Mavic Air with this firmware release.  EVERYTHING WORKED!

Though, I'll mention it was suppose to be a quick 'Maiden Voyage' with my new Mavic Air.  Needless to say I did all the firmware updates last night (or at least I thought I had).  It's about 34 degrees (F) outside / 1 degree (C) and with the wind chill I would say it's 10 degrees colder.  So, that being said I guess I can confirm I did NOT have the "shaking phenomenon" some were experiencing.  Though it appeared to happen to most in the colder weather.   Again, everything appeared to be working fine.   Was just a little frustrated seeing the firmware update as I was standing outside trying to put a video together.

We'll, that being said I guess it's a necessary evil to fix some of the bugs.  I'm still warming up my hands.  For those interested I should have a video up later tonight on my YouTube Channel.  I think I got some good footage.

Oh, one thing worth mentioning.  The default setting for 'recording video' appears to be the INTERNAL Built in 8 GB STORAGE.  I got a prompt to change to the micro-SD card after memory filled fairly quickly (was shooting in 4K Video).  Just something to be aware of.  I did not see a setting to change this but the PROMPT I received allowed me to make the change.  I may have just missed that setting when setting everything up, but something to be aware of.  

My YouTube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/c/RGMGFitness

All good!   

"
2018-2-9
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

Upgrade done. Tomorrow in the morning (hope in the weather here in Milan) second flight of my little career of MA pilot
2018-2-9
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-9 10:31
I downloaded new FW and I flew for just 15 minutes as wind here was 45kph , everything is working fine, no shaking although I don’t know if I had shaking because this was the first chance I had to fly my Mavic Air.
I have to say it is working great I didn’t have any problems.

Nice thank you for that. I wanted to fly as well today after updating but the wind is crazy here. Will test mine tomorrow.
2018-2-9
Use props
slyfox0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118 ft
Canada

Glad to see that the shaking problem has been addressed. Thank you DJI.
2018-2-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Team,  shouldn't this 'Announcement' be posted in the forum under 'Mavic Air'.  Looks like it's just posted under 'Mavic'.  I'm thinking it will have better visability under the heading of 'Mavic Air'.
2018-2-9
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any chance the aircraft's FW update tweeks flight handling? As compared to my Spark and Pro Platium, my Air just doesn't seem to fly as fluid. Anyone else notice this? Just me? The Air fly's okay but, just seems a bit more refinement is needed in overall flight smoothness, especially indoors I notice this...........Seems to jerk around a bit at times, the Spark in same flight area is sooooooooooo much smoother.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans6d0133cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400 ft
United States

I have noticed this as well with my air. Doing the update soon and Will test it.
2018-2-9
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans6d0133cb Posted at 2018-2-9 13:30
I have noticed this as well with my air. Doing the update soon and Will test it.

I as well, just not able to update until later tonight, be able to fly tomorrow and will report back............Glad to hear someone else noticed this bit of random erratic flight behavior.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans473e667d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 620600 ft
Singapore

dari_017 Posted at 2018-2-9 09:03

Presd the function button two time and it will start the smart capture. Put it on the ground and it will start recognise the pilot. Use the palm to takeoff as usual
2018-2-9
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans473e667d Posted at 2018-2-9 14:04
Presd the function button two time and it will start the smart capture. Put it on the ground and it will start recognise the pilot. Use the palm to takeoff as usual

I was just about to post this. Havent tested it properly as inside at the moment and dark outside, but did the F/W update and if you have the controller and phone connected and press the rear button twice the MA will beep and you will see it in smart capture mode on the screen. Does the same with no RC so assume it works without the RC.

Now, do I trust to use it in Smart Capture mode with no RC, hmmmm.
2018-2-9
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-9 15:16
I was just about to post this. Havent tested it properly as inside at the moment and dark outside, but did the F/W update and if you have the controller and phone connected and press the rear button twice the MA will beep and you will see it in smart capture mode on the screen. Does the same with no RC so assume it works without the RC.

Now, do I trust to use it in Smart Capture mode with no RC, hmmmm.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it ironic that a 'new' drone released only on 28 Jan 18 needs so many 'fixes'?
2018-2-9
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-2-9 15:42
Is it just me or does anyone else think it ironic that a 'new' drone released only on 28 Jan 18 needs so many 'fixes'?

A bit, yes!  Beta testing seems to have fell a bit short........Perhaps we (initial run buyers) are the beta testers eh?
2018-2-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules