DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date:2018.02.09
  • Firmware: V 1.3.6.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for Pano shooting modes.
  • Added Data Transmission on the Quick Settings page to support downloading photos and videos from Phantom 4 Pro+/Advanced+ remote controller to your mobile device (DJI GO 4 version should be 4.1.14 or above).
  • Phantom 4 Pro+/Advanced+ remote controller supports up to 20 third-party apps, which you can add or remove through System Settings -> Apps. Please note that DJI is not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security and does not provide any technical support for compatibility issues. Because these apps are not developed or maintained by DJI, they may not guarantee optimal remote controller performance. If you experience any problems after installing a third-party app, it is recommended that you remove it or reset the remote controller to default settings.

2018-2-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Thank you DJI, it does look interesting.

Remember to have the release notes, manual etc. updated with relevant information and instructions.

In regards to the third party apps, can/is the play store implemented to the device, and is it now possible to uninstall pre-installed apps like the Social media apps if they are not wanted and is it possible to take advantage of the SD card in RC in order to expand the memory/storage space?
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Well I was one of forum's most combative critics of not having some of these features on our P4P+ and, should all these be working as promised in these release notes,  better late than never, thanks God, thanks DJI and hope to revert positive experiences soon...
Still find missing and very useful the option to expand the RC+ internal memory via transfer of apps or files to the storage provided by external micro SD... Will you consider it please  ??? Sorry KedDK for copying you, but I think is a general wish and need of many P4P+ owners
2018-2-9
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Does anyone know how the pano mode works in regards to RAW format? Can it stitch RAW as well or not? In case, does it leave un-stitched RAW into the SD card?
Also, is there any available list of the 3rd party apps that can be installed?
Great news BTW! Thank you DJI for listening to us P4P+ owners.
2018-2-9
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Pano mode for Advanced models too????
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

FW follow-up:
Updated successfully to v.01.03.06.00 but unable to see those 20 available 3rd party apps. On System Settings-->Apps have nothing than usual, previous apps, nor any option to add more...

Find in ALL APPS, a new app "Explorer" which I had not before but unable to find anything else nor to find for the moment the utility of this last one...

No other apps found for the moment.

Data transmission on Quick Settings to be checked latter, for the moment the AC prompts me to update FW to latest version 01.05.0300 which I eluded so far as AC was flying well and didn't want to experience this ver. last bugs. (inverted camera, etc, etc.). Seems there is no other way so I'll jump into the pool
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

2nd FOLLOW UP:

Here we go again...
Updated DJI Assistant to v1.2.0, updated AC to latest available 01.05.0300, updated RC+ to latest 01.03.06.00 but still no pano mode, no 3rd party apps...

Why being so naive to update first and before a long week-end ???

2018-2-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hey sounds great with 3 party apps .
Do any buddy know how to get those apps onto the build/in device on the RC?
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Definitely it is not working for me. I know I'm on the banned side...

Later on, restored the RC+ to factory settings (Factory reset) and tried to download again the new FW, extracted it on a micro SD and updated locally from same SD.

No way to get these 3rd party apps nor pano mode or Data Transfer...

It is strange that after updating locally there is also the via WIFI prompt to update and in this case the size of the updating package is around 8 hundreds megas as compared to 7 hundreds of the SD unzipped dowloaded version from DJI.com.
Found it strange, and even more when previous firmware was about 1,5 Gb in size.

Indifferently on the upgrade choosen (WIFI or SD) no pano mode, no 3rd party apps and perhaps no Data Transfer (pictures and videos in the above post and also below are my last intents)...
That's why it seems DJI and myself is hardly to become friends ...Sad, deceived and upset...

2018-2-9
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

Hi DJI! Can you give instructions how to load a 3rd party application? Did we need to update the AC with the new version of the firmware (I like v01.04.0602)?
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

tompahr Posted at 2018-2-9 09:42
Hi DJI! Can you give instructions how to load a 3rd party application? Did we need to update the AC with the new version of the application (I like v01.04.0602)?

They must be on week-end for now... Crickets, crickets, crickets...As usual, no tutorial, no release notes, no instructions and ... perhaps no proper tests before FW launch...
Prepare for worst or...at least some beta's...
2018-2-9
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

Hahaha, I was expecting something like this so i did not make the update yet!
2018-2-9
Use props
fans13642d5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3406883 ft
United Kingdom

Updated and can see the pano mode has been added in the camera settings, however can’t see how to or were to find the additional feature to add 3rd party apps, like DroneDeploy etc?
Would have been nice if DJI could produce some useful release notes to go with the update.
Having had a bad experience with the standard P4Pro RC firmware release for the pano mode, I had to revert back to the ProPlus RC, I hope this works better than that release...!
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

fans13642d5f Posted at 2018-2-9 10:09
Updated and can see the pano mode has been added in the camera settings, however can’t see how to or were to find the additional feature to add 3rd party apps, like DroneDeploy etc?
Would have been nice if DJI could produce some useful release notes to go with the update.
Having had a bad experience with the standard P4Pro RC firmware release for the pano mode, I had to revert back to the ProPlus RC, I hope this works better than that release...!

Good to know it, I found too the pano mode.

as for the 3rd party apps and data transfer, I think we'll still have to sweat it...

2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

tompahr Posted at 2018-2-9 10:00
Hahaha, I was expecting something like this so i did not make the update yet!

Ha, ha !... Yes, smart move . As in Bible says, the last ones will be the first ones...
If we'll manage to figure it out, you'll owe us one
2018-2-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 10:19
Good to know it, I found too the pano mode.

as for the 3rd party apps and data transfer, I think we'll still have to sweat it...

The data transfer funktions is to be found in the Android pull-Down menu together Winther
wifi, hdmi, capture and SRE.
2018-2-9
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 10:22
Ha, ha !... Yes, smart move . As in Bible says, the last ones will be the first ones...
If we'll manage to figure it out, you'll owe us one

No problem!!! I am always for ! I'm just afraid we have to wait for "digdat0" for a solution!
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-2-9 10:34
The data transfer funktions is to be found in the Android pull-Down menu together Winther
wifi, hdmi, capture and SRE.

Good discovery FarmerMac, another for you.

I found some apps, although I'm afraid not the expected ones:

OK, OK: Third beer waiting to be asignated still...

Looking for some 3rd party apps

Who wants to write the tutorial ???

Hmmm ... Bubbles or Black Hole
2018-2-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I think for now only solution is to download the App package and install it manually, that was why i asked about the play store in #2.
Without the playstore i think we can't use App like Litchi that require to be bought and registered.

There was a video in one of threads no so long ago regarding install of Apps on the Crystal Sky display, guess it is the procedure for now.

But i would like to have a screen recorder in order to document all the errors i might experience.
2018-2-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

What we need to figure out is how to install Play Store from an APK file that can be downloaded from
The internet via the build in browser on the RC.
Then we can download the apps we want to

I managed to install the latest version, but I wont start up.
Maybe another version is needed.

Alternatively if its possible to find APK versions of the apps we want to install
Then download and install them.

I did install the AUTO updated app from Airdata without any problem and its
Up and running.
That was not possible before this latest update.
2018-2-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 10:49
Good discovery FarmerMac, another  for you.

[view_image]

Bubble, Black hole etc. has been there all the way, it must be some standard Android things.
What i have wondered the most is the Phone and BlueTooth things that only takes space and can't be used for anything.
2018-2-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Ohh was easy found, check this out and see if it is of any help, https://forum.dji.com/thread-119496-1-1.html
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-9 11:11
Ohh was easy found, checck this out and see if it is of any help, https://forum.dji.com/thread-119496-1-1.html

Thanks, very useful.
I managed to download and install via APKPure (via Browser) for instance FlightRadar24, problem arising when most of these apps require Google Play and since the RC+'s special Android does not support Google Service Framwork, in other words, it does not support Google Pay App.
Therefore, all the APP which are purchased via Google are prone to be unable to install...
2018-2-9
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, I see it. It's going to rain all weekend, so I guess I'll try it next week. Putting everything away now. (Sad Face)  Jeff

2018-2-9
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

I confirm Pano available also on mine P4P+ finally! Tomorrow gonna test it. Need to understand how it works with RAWs. I'll let you know.
2018-2-9
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Giammi Posted at 2018-2-9 14:45
I confirm Pano available also on mine P4P+ finally! Tomorrow gonna test it. Need to understand how it works with RAWs. I'll let you know.

I do see that RAW is available to be selected when you're set up to capture a Pano. I just thought I read somewhere that it wasn't. Please keep us informed of your findings. The weather is killing me here.

Jeff
2018-2-9
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

I confirm also possibility to install 3rd party apps via pureapk!
2018-2-9
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 12:23
Thanks, very useful.
I managed to download and install via APKPure (via Browser) for instance FlightRadar24, problem arising when most of these apps require Google Play and since the RC+'s special Android does not support Google Service Framwork, in other words, it does not support Google Pay App.
Therefore, all the APP which are purchased via Google are prone to be unable to install...

Thanks guys, it worked for me as well.
Can you also help me in uninstalling an app??
Thank you again!
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Giammi Posted at 2018-2-9 15:39
Thanks guys, it worked for me as well.
Can you also help me in uninstalling an app??
Thank you again!

I'm afraid it is not possible to uninstall original DJI apps. If what you need is to uninstall a 3rd party app, go to System settings/Apps/All/ and you can uninstall the desired app there.
2018-2-9
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Any chance Ground station Pro will be available on the plus controller/ crystal sky?
Thats a pretty nice bit of software for getting pictures for 3D models.

2018-2-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Now when updated FW on the RC I gues I HAVE to update my AC too.
Should I already now request the beta firmware to prevent running in to the camera upside/down problem and some of the
Other issues   that follow along the most resent AC firmware?

What did You guys do?
2018-2-10
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

For those interested in 3rd party apps I try to create a list of verified working apps here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-134451-1-1.html
2018-2-10
Use props
Peter Ryder
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Considering a P4Advanced+ so this is key point for me.
My (and previous posts) questions...
1. Is pano mode also on 4advanced+ (and on advanced standard?)
2. RAW/dng?
3. No of shots for full sphere? Time to take.
4. Resolution of panos stitched on app
5/. Resolution of panos stitched on 3rd party eg. ptgui
6. Upward angle max and size of zenith gap?

Any info would be really appreciated tks in advance!
2018-2-10
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

I just made a flight and everything went smooth with the new FW.

Some considerations:
- Pano mode works really good. Pics are taken really fast!
- BTW horizontal pano (that with icon divided in three rectangles) take 21 pics instead of 9.
- Panos are stored in a folder in the SD root called “Panorama”. If you shoot J+R, RAW and JPEG are both stored that is the thing I prefer.
- Unfortunately no AEB is available when shooting pano mode.
- Sphere panorama is made of 34 pics and works just fine.
- Apps can be installed from apk and finally I could record my screen!
- Pano mode shoots up to full tilt, so you will get propellers in the shot, but I prefer this way. So I have to clean the pic in post, but at least I have the upper part of it.
If you have any further questions just ask.
Ciao!

F6C05362-AF86-41F2-83F4-FE72D590AF2F.jpeg
2018-2-10
Use props
Kreativos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347123 ft

Mexico

Litchi and Dronedeploy not working, both need google play services
IMG_20180210_051205.jpg
IMG_20180210_052248.jpg
IMG_20180210_052221.jpg
2018-2-10
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Hey Dronies

Just went out for a flight to test the pano mode.... But I don't know how to get
it to work.
When I push the pano mode "button" nothing happen.. I can push it but it
wont do anything when I do? Timelaps and the other modes are fine.

Any good suggestions?
2018-2-10
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-2-10 04:24
Hey Dronies

Just went out for a flight to test the pano mode.... But I don't know how to get

Yeah, that's what's happening to me too! Maybe it should be pressed during the flight!
2018-2-10
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

I installed PrecisionFlight but did not want to connect to RC. Probably the problem is that the program expects the USB link between Android and RC.
2018-2-10
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

All in all I'm disappointed. All of us who have been waiting for the opportunity to use 3rd party flight management software still have to wait. P+ RC is still working with DJI GO 4 only.
2018-2-10
Use props
Peter Ryder
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Giammi Posted at 2018-2-10 03:10
I just made a flight and everything went smooth with the new FW.

Some considerations:

Great thanks for that. Interesting about the upward shot I agree rather edit around propellers but guess you still have a zenith hole? Do you have the pano as an equirectangular (what pixel dimensions?) and how does it look in full 360 view?  Tks again will help me decide if go with phantom 4 advanced or wait for mavic 2 pro.
2018-2-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules