20339 59 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Peter Ryder Posted at 2018-2-10 07:40
Great thanks for that. Interesting about the upward shot I agree rather edit around propellers but guess you still have a zenith hole? Do you have the pano as an equirectangular (what pixel dimensions?) and how does it look in full 360 view?  Tks again will help me decide if go with phantom 4 advanced or wait for mavic 2 pro.

I stitched in Lightroom a Pano made from 21 pics (I attach it here) taken automatically in pano mode. Full resolution results about 85MPx (17'000px by 5'000px roughly).

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. 85MPx is the dimension of the attached image, that is cropped in this ~17:5 ratio! The original one was more, but I cropped it in order to remove some sky.

2018-2-10
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Don't know if is happening only to me, but after updating to the last FW, P4P+ AC and RC+, each time I power on the RC+, a pop-up about updating the NFZ's appear. When I accept it, it updates the NFZ, a quite small file of 3Mb is downloaded and installled. Nevertheless, the same updating NFZ's pop-up window appear again and again each time I power on the device. When I choose Ignore, the result is the same prompt next time I turn on the RC+. The NFZ was also updated through DJI Assistant 2, I think is a similar situation to that annoing SPARK window poping-up several months ago...

Another strange thing detected today, first flight after updating FW, when at around 100 m height and without any vertical or horizontal object in an area for 100m or more, the  radar bars of obstacle detection gave false positive messages. Will follow this in the following days and flights to figure out if it is repetitive.

Last but not least, found that the FW update reseted previous parameters and settings. For instance desactivated Obstacle Sensing & Vision, reduced my RTH altitude from my previous setting of 120m to 30m, etc. Be very cautious and check it properly before to avoid undesired surprises in flight.

I was filming a waterfall from above, went quite close to it on a sort of  narrow gorge between 2 stone walls of 100+ m. At a certain moment, the AC lost the GPS signal, automatically changed to ATTI, wind was drifting it fast to one of the rock walls and some trees...and I was not very sure about the surroundings, except for what saw on the screen... As never before, few centimetres saved so much...
Managing to escape safe, I wonder why Vision System is dissabled in ATTI mode, when perhaps it is much more necessary and useful than in P/GPS ...

2018-2-10
Use props
Ozfast
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi.

I have pix4D capture in RC GL300E. I downloaded from pureapk, and transfer for RC via micro SD. I opened the new app "Explorer" and install the application.

But i cant connect pix4d capture to drone.
Its is possible disconnect the dji GO and select other aplication?
2018-2-12
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

I do not think so! All this applications control dron via USB connectivity with RC but P+ RC and Android are internally connected somehow differently. I installed PrecisionFlight but he did not want connect to RC. I'm afraid we can not use drone flight control applications.
2018-2-12
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

We may be able to use GS Pro if DJI makes a P+ version. DJI, P+ version GS Pro please !!!
DJI,GS Pro 的 P+ 版本請!!!
2018-2-12
Use props
fans13642d5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3406883 ft
United Kingdom

Tried out Pano mode and surprise surprise it did not work, the pano action started took a few images then stopped each time in each different option the same with the message capture fail!
This was the same issue I had with the standard RC for P4P but also with camera inversion and poor signal quality.

All other aspects of the flight was fine and camera operated as normal, but Pano modes are not working for me.

I can’t find how to add new apps, but having contacted several of the Apps we normally use on the standard RC for the P4P it seems they will not run on the PlusRC, DroneDeploy for example won’t work even if I could add the app.

Very disappointing with the whole new firmware update for P4P and P4P+

DJI what can be done?
2018-2-13
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

fans13642d5f Posted at 2018-2-13 10:45
Tried out Pano mode and surprise surprise it did not work, the pano action started took a few images then stopped each time in each different option the same with the message capture fail!
This was the same issue I had with the standard RC for P4P but also with camera inversion and poor signal quality.

Did you update both RC and Aircraft? I think you may try to do a factory reset on the RC, it helps after major updates. Also calibrating the IMU is a good thing.

Regarding the Apps, you can go from the RC browser to pureapk.com and download them. Problem is only apps that do not need google play services work. Others don't.

I've updated mine and works smoothly with the new FW. Hope my hints help.
2018-2-13
Use props
Rzehentner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1404 ft
United States

How do I access the apps? They are not available under System Settings -> Apps and what apps are avilable?
2018-2-14
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

Rzehentner Posted at 2018-2-14 14:16
How do I access the apps? They are not available under System Settings -> Apps and what apps are avilable?

Is it too much effort to at list read all the post?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1475881
2018-2-15
Use props
ImZeusj
lvl.1
Colombia

Please fix the third apps, google play services dont work !
2018-2-15
Use props
Rzehentner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1404 ft
United States

Giammi Posted at 2018-2-15 04:44
Is it too much effort to at list read all the post?

→ https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=134274&pid=1188529&fromuid=1475881

No, it's not too much effort at all and I did read all the posts. My post was directed at DJI because the instructions with the updated seemed to indicate a way to install apps as well as apps that are already confirmed to work with the software. Something is missing.

And I have installed apkpure app store on my device, but none of the apps are very useful in the p4p+ controller at this point.
2018-2-18
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

Rzehentner Posted at 2018-2-18 18:11
No, it's not too much effort at all and I did read all the posts. My post was directed at DJI because the instructions with the updated seemed to indicate a way to install apps as well as apps that are already confirmed to work with the software. Something is missing.

And I have installed apkpure app store on my device, but none of the apps are very useful in the p4p+ controller at this point.

Yes, unfortunately there's no really useful apps at the moment. The only one that I've installed so far is the screen recorder, but, apart from that, nothing really interesting.
2018-2-19
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Cheers i will give it a go , fingers crossed
2018-2-19
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Did the upgrade yesterday, my findings so far:
UUID transmission keep turning itself on, according the press releases from DJI it should not do that before it become a law requirement and it is not  yet here in Denmark.
A popup claiming i need to update the flight safe database keep coming even i has updated both by App and Assistant 2
Range seemed a little better but if it just have one of it's good days i can't tell yet, still far from the range i had pre 1.2.0.0 / 1.4.602 June  update.

Still missing the update of manual etc. in order to see how DJI has intended the third party app installation/usage to work. and how this Pano feature is best used.

Edit: may i propose DJI that you add the link for the DJI Media maker software and manual to the P4P download section, it look like it can be useful for all the new pano shooters in here.

Edit2: sorry forget the DJI Media maker, just tried it and it is no good for the P4P panos ...
2018-2-25
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Ozfast Posted at 2018-2-12 04:48
Hi.

I have pix4D capture in RC GL300E. I downloaded from pureapk, and transfer for RC via micro SD. I opened the new app "Explorer" and install the application.

Try going in to Settings>Apps>DJI GO 4>Clear Defaults and see if that works.
2018-3-23
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Giammi Posted at 2018-2-19 03:09
Yes, unfortunately there's no really useful apps at the moment. The only one that I've installed so far is the screen recorder, but, apart from that, nothing really interesting.

Which screen recorder?
2018-3-23
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Italy

It was AZrecorder. You can download it from apkpure.com.
2018-3-25
Use props
fans0c0f4561
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209633 ft
United States

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 06:16
Well I was one of forum's most combative critics of not having some of these features on our P4P+ and, should all these be working as promised in these release notes,  better late than never, thanks God, thanks DJI and hope to revert positive experiences soon...
Still find missing and very useful the option to expand the RC+ internal memory via transfer of apps or files to the storage provided by external micro SD... Will you consider it please  ??? Sorry KedDK for copying you, but I think is a general wish and need of many P4P+ owners

Please tell me what version of the dji go 4 you are using  on your plus model and what firmware is the best?
2018-5-9
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
I use the last version available. As for FW it depends, some users report bugs with newer versions, other like former versions. As a suggestion, try the version you already have installed and if you like it, keep it...If don't, escalate gradually to newer ones. There is the risk, many of us have faced, to install the last one, have bugs and have to wait until these issues are addressed...
It seems birds, like humans, have their allergies...
When it deals with software, it should be simple maths, but in case of DJI, for reasons I do not know, sometimes 2+2 does not make 4 and one have to try for himself until gets the result. And, if one thing works, don't change it...
2018-5-9
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans0c0f4561 Posted at 2018-5-9 17:41
Please tell me what version of the dji go 4 you are using  on your plus model and what firmware is the best?

Using the one from the latest release, be aware that DJI has made it now so the RC and AC firmware has to follow, you might get (more) problems if using a new RC release with an old AC FW or opposite.

The best versions imo was AC 1.3.509 with RC 1.1.3.0 but downgrading after having it updated does not solve among other the degraded range issue.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules