3799 75 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

> Thanks Iannes for the Rockchip, I have the same
> Thanks Nixuxpix, I saw that but sinceit  is in the menu 'Personal Data' I did not think that it's a full factory reset
Back at home, I retried Litchi but it was not starting. I had to reinstall it and reconnect to internet. After that, it's working fine again.
Still not tested in flight. It's 2°C + snow here
2018-2-10
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

nixuspix Posted at 2018-2-10 09:27
Sure You can If i remember correctly it is in settings> Backup and reset

hello,

castormalin  wants to know how can he recover the previous Firmware.
2018-2-10
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

roger39 Posted at 2018-2-10 10:35
hello,

castormalin  wants to know how can he recover the previous Firmware.

There is no way to downgrade firmware version of CS. Maybe DJI could confirm? (after weekend, day offs, holidays, new chinese year, birthday of the cousin...?)
About 4G Dongle USB Feature, still nothing. There is still not any option to connect the CS to the 4G dongle....
However, there is a great improvement in the fluidity of the Ultra.
2018-2-10
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Actually, if Litchi works I don't care too much about DjiGo.
I will try to retrieve the launcher (I've seen it, but not remember where ), to replace the DJI one
2018-2-10
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

nixuspix Posted at 2018-2-9 07:18
Offline maps are gone after update. How to get them back? Is there any workaround with other maps substitution?

Hi, I lost the maps at my CS too (black map window) after the firmware update to version 02.05.00 and Go 4 version 4.2.4 and due to this it was not possible to set the home point or see the distance to the AC and safe flight was not possible with the CS. Then I used my S7 Edge with version 4.1.5 and flew few flights and did sync of the Flight records. Turned on my CS again and did sync of flight records on the CS to see if I could play the latest flight done with the S7 Edge - which worked fine. So, now the maps were back and I took my CS out for another flight and the CS worked fine again with the new firmware.  Afterwards I have installed google map on the CS due to I hope that this will help the CS to have maps available in the future.
2018-2-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

derider Posted at 2018-2-11 01:01
Hi, I lost the maps at my CS too (black map window) after the firmware update to version 02.05.00 and Go 4 version 4.2.4 and due to this it was not possible to set the home point or see the distance to the AC and safe flight was not possible with the CS. Then I used my S7 Edge with version 4.1.5 and flew few flights and did sync of the Flight records. Turned on my CS again and did sync of flight records on the CS to see if I could play the latest flight done with the S7 Edge - which worked fine. So, now the maps were back and I took my CS out for another flight and the CS worked fine again with the new firmware.  Afterwards I have installed google map on the CS due to I hope that this will help the CS to have maps available in the future.

It looks like DJI Go 4 has a new mapping solution, it is not Here maps anymore, the maps look better but I'm not sure if you can cache them.  I think we will need to hotspot to our phones so that the maps dowload at the location we are in.

The new mapping solution is probably why offline maps are no longer available.

This method of supply in maps will work well on phones and tablets with cellular connection, but I think they forgot about the CS which does not have cellular
2018-2-11
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

After the last CS update, I just realized that I've lost also the maps and the satellite view on DJIGo. Not only off line, on line as well...
On Litchi, it's OK

I think it's time for the golden week vacations ...

2018-2-11
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-11 08:31
After the last CS update, I just realized that I've lost also the maps and the satellite view on DJIGo. Not only off line, on line as well...[view_image]
On Litchi, it's OK

Ya I'm getting no maps on CS even when connected to a wifi network.
2018-2-11
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

lannes Posted at 2018-2-11 04:20
It looks like DJI Go 4 has a new mapping solution, it is not Here maps anymore, the maps look better but I'm not sure if you can cache them.  I think we will need to hotspot to our phones so that the maps dowload at the location we are in.

The new mapping solution is probably why offline maps are no longer available.

They use MAPBOX Android SDK now, so far no satellite view.
2018-2-11
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

Do you mean, there is no more satellite view on CS after the last update ?
Better and better ...
2018-2-11
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-11 13:29
Do you mean, there is no more satellite view on CS after the last update ?
Better and better ...

All the maps work. Sat & Hybrid but you have to be connected to wifi or hotspot your phone

NB - I have an iPhone X with an Apple watch. I had to turn the watch onto aeroplane mode for the hotspot to work on my CS
2018-2-11
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi guys,

Just to let you know about my tests with CS Ultra..
I flew for  2h between, miday - 2 PM.
The monitor was a bit hot.... but I think it's normal.

I didn't get overheating issue, the fan didn't even work !
CS Ultra is very fluid ! No APP crash with my P4P =)
4G USB dongle is still not working and, connection with home internet homespot is still very very poor: you have to share network with phone..
2018-2-11
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

So far Yo-yo we have a few people testing.. sounding very promising but not perfect. I going for a fly in 33deg C - 90 F heat on Thursday in full sun with the Video cashe on.
I’ll report back
A friend on another forum flew on Sunday in 38c / 100F
Full sun & 100% for 20 mins
Heat warning came on
Came back it & let it cool down
Flew again but in the shade.
No further heating problems.

CS as Mass Storage Device.
I don’t know if this worked before.
I plugged into my iMac today and an option came up.
I copied some panorama pictures that I stitched together in go4 app

Cheers
Marty
2018-2-11
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Is there anyone who is using the latest firmware with an Inspire 1 Raw/Osmo Raw? After castromalin's post I'm really afraid of updating, seems like there are some problems with the new firmware and DJI Go (NOT 4).
Can anyone confirm or disprove this?
2018-2-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

JMR58 Posted at 2018-2-11 13:25
They use MAPBOX Android SDK now, so far no satellite view.

I have satellite view on my DJI Go 4, it's not very good when zoomed in though
2018-2-12
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

lannes Posted at 2018-2-12 04:06
I have satellite view on my DJI Go 4, it's not very good when zoomed in though

Yes me too, i have all the layers off the map now, thanks.
2018-2-12
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-2-11 22:15
Is there anyone who is using the latest firmware with an Inspire 1 Raw/Osmo Raw? After castromalin's post I'm really afraid of updating, seems like there are some problems with the new firmware and DJI Go (NOT 4).
Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

I guess all those happy people are using DJIGo 4
2018-2-12
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-12 07:54
I guess all those happy people are using DJIGo 4

After getting some feedback via Facebook I did the update yesterday, did a factory-reset afterwards and: everything seems to be fine!
Did a lot of testing with the Osmo RAW without running into any problems. The Inspire Raw will be run through a test tomorrow. But: I am quite optimistic.

2018-2-13
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

That's a good news !
On my side, I did a factory reset also and reinstalled all (including Litchi)
Just tested at home, not in flight. Did not see big problems this time, except
- The compass which is still not working
- The FPS rate which is still slow, but usable (after the Inspire downgrade to 1.08.01).
- The maps offline that does not exist in the menu (neither exist with Go 4 and the Mavic)
- And this time (after the factory reset) I got a new problem : the switch of the gimbal mode H/V (button C2) does not work anymore. But it still works with Litchi.
Maybe the factory reset has a limited amount of fixes   ...
Actually all with Litchi looks good, except the compass
2018-2-13
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

hello castormalin

did you calibrate the crystalsky ?

2018-2-14
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4

Hi Roger39,

No, because the calibration does not work
(Actually, I did not try to turn more than 10mn, after I have a wrist pain ^^ )
2018-2-14
Use props
roger39
lvl.3
France

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-14 09:58
Hi Roger39,

No, because the calibration does not work

Hello
I agree with you. calibration is not easy. It is not normal. Perhaps a bug.

strangely, the calibration is much longer. You must really insist and do several tests.

change the place to calibrate.
2018-2-14
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4

I tried inside, outside, several times, several places. No change
My Iphone7+  in the same conditions is calibrated in few seconds and the north heading is perfect
(It's the second CS with compass issue. The calibration worked on the first one, but the North was rubbish... and the first one had other problems)
Anyway DJIGo/CS does not display the north on the compass, so...
2018-2-14
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

I did the calibration on my CS U today: first try did not work, restarted CS, started calibration before anything else and: it worked after a few seconds.

Maps do also work (I am using DJI Go  with the Inspire 1 Raw), but there are 2 bugs in my system:
1. the maps load really slowly, and sometimes the screen does not refresh. Changing from maps- to camera-view and back or switching to the CS-homescreen and back makes them refresh
2. when I am using the maps-view, the actual footage is shown just on about 1/10 of the small camera-window.

Tomorrow I have 2 jobs for the Inspire (1x video, 1x photo), I hope it all works at least as good as during todays test.
2018-2-14
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Still sounds like a bit of a mess really ....  why the change in map service again ??????
2018-2-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Question:  Has latest round of updates resolved overheating problems with CrystalSky Ultra Bright?
2018-2-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-2-15 13:34
Question:  Has latest round of updates resolved overheating problems with CrystalSky Ultra Bright?

Yes..... Fingers crossed

I flew yesterday in tropical conditions 33c (95F) humidity 85%
The CS got warn and the fan came on. This is the first time I have experienced the fan coming on.
The unit did not overheat.

So far so good
2018-2-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Forestjim Posted at 2018-2-15 16:47
Yes..... Fingers crossed

I flew yesterday in tropical conditions 33c (95F) humidity 85%

Thanks for response.  

I have been looking at buying a CrystalSky Ultra.  I did look at few other suggested options, but none were a good fit for me.

I am hoping all Firmware updates have fixed problem(s).  I really don't want to pay $1,000 to be a tester.  Nor waste six weeks waiting for over-heated / broken CS-U to be repaired.  
2018-2-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-2-15 18:05
Thanks for response.  

I have been looking at buying a CrystalSky Ultra.  I did look at few other suggested options, but none were a good fit for me.

I think the build date has some bearing on the longevity of the Ultra
2018-2-16
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-9 20:27
Good to know the heating issue is way down, lets put it under the pump next time and see how it fairs.
Looks like the only way to get around the maps issue is to hotspot the phone and connect the CS to it.

Iannes,

Can you confirm if I update my CS UB to firmware ver. V02.50.00.00 I will lose access to all downloaded maps on the CS?  Are the downloaded maps deleted from the CS, or are they still intact, but the CS just cannot access/use the Here map files any longer after the update?

I am traveling from U.S. to Germany in the near future and do not want to lose access to the maps of Germany that I downloaded since I will not be able to hotspot to my phone (ridiculous foreign data charges) or access WiFi where I need to fly and film.  I am not having any overheating issues with my CS UB on the previous firmware.  Lucky, I guess. So, I will wait to update firmware until after my return, or maybe not update until DJI provides a map download option again. What do you think of this strategy?
2018-2-18
Use props
cyberpatrolunit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2426503 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-9 17:00
I've tested the Crystalsky Ultra with DJI Go 4.2.4 for 1.5 hours on full brightness and with the latest firmware for the AC, 3 full flights with the MPP, ambient temp 23c and there wasn't a single glitch in the monitor, this was 4k 24fps, with caching back to the CS at 7gb

The hottest the Ultra panel got on max brightness this time out was 41.5c , the side ports got to 38.6c and the back panel near the ports to 40c.

I tested a new CS Ultra today with the latest FW and it was working flawlessly with I2 and Mavic Air
2018-2-18
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-2-18 19:00
Iannes,

Can you confirm if I update my CS UB to firmware ver. V02.50.00.00 I will lose access to all downloaded maps on the CS?  Are the downloaded maps deleted from the CS, or are they still intact, but the CS just cannot access/use the Here map files any longer after the update?

It's a bit of a catch 22 your in.

If it was me , I think I'd like to protect against a back light failure on the CS U, so I'd upgrade to latest firmware and DJi Go 4  4.2.4

I'm not able to verify if the maps will gone on the update, I suspect they will be as Mapbox is used instead of the previous here maps

If your not having overheating issues , I guess you can stick on the old firmware.

Just out of interest when was your CS UB built,  http://tools.retroroms.info/

Put the serial number which is under the QR label into the  serial decoder
2018-2-19
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Thailand

lannes Posted at 2018-2-19 03:59

If it was me , I think I'd like to protect against a back light failure on the CS U, so I'd upgrade to latest firmware and DJi Go 4  4.2.4

That website is a bit weird. I put my P4P serial number in and it told me it was a spark and my I2 serial number and it told me it was a P3. Very weird! Anyone had any luck with proper results on that website?
2018-2-19
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-19 10:16
That website is a bit weird. I put my P4P serial number in and it told me it was a spark and my I2 serial number and it told me it was a P3. Very weird! Anyone had any luck with proper results on that website?

Where are you getting the serial numbers from the are usually inside the battery compartment of the AC.

for the spark it is part of the SSID label and the "o's" are all zeroes.
It works for me Model: Spark, build on: 5. May 2017

2018-2-19
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-19 03:59

If it was me , I think I'd like to protect against a back light failure on the CS U, so I'd upgrade to latest firmware and DJi Go 4  4.2.4

Iannes,

Retroroms reports the following after inputting my Crystalsky UB serial #
“Model: Unknown, build on: 15. November 2017”
2018-2-19
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-2-19 19:23
Iannes,

Retroroms reports the following after inputting my Crystalsky UB serial #

I believe a lot of the failures were build dates after this but I can't be 100% sure, the october 2017 builds seem to be ok.
I guess you just need watch out for overheating in general, don't block the vents  of the CS Ultra.

I am going to stress test my Ultra again this weekend
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules