Availability of parts (Mavic Air landing gear mech)
4191 5 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90069 ft
United Kingdom

Is it possible to purchase parts for fixing the Air?

Specifically, this part, the little round piece that holds the "landing leg" and allows it to pivot through 90 degrees:

Also, it has a wire, is that for a sensor?

The more I look at this the more I think I can't fix it myself (despite being quite tecchie).

Is there any harm done by flying with the foot "flopping around"? Which is what it does now.

2018-2-9
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

The wire is for an antenna, the Mavic Air has antennas in the folding landing gear.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for this, was the drone crashed? We don't have this part available, and the antennas are on the landing gear. For your case, we suggest sending the drone in for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

it has the antenna in those feet.

Ask a friend with a 3D printer to print for you.
2018-4-15
Use props
camiloteram
New

I have the same problem after an accident. The leg is just dangleling by the antena. I bought a whole donor leg with the motor and would like to find a way to just swap out the hinge part that the OP was looking to replace. Seems that hinge is the part that likes to break into a million bits upon impact. If anybody has any suggestions for how to go about doing this the simplest way possible. I'm frankly hoping I can avoid having to do any rewiring.

Thanks so much! Hope OP was able to fix his issue.

2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

camiloteram Posted at 2018-7-18 21:25
I have the same problem after an accident. The leg is just dangleling by the antena. I bought a whole donor leg with the motor and would like to find a way to just swap out the hinge part that the OP was looking to replace. Seems that hinge is the part that likes to break into a million bits upon impact. If anybody has any suggestions for how to go about doing this the simplest way possible. I'm frankly hoping I can avoid having to do any rewiring.

Sorry to read the crash. We do not support to repair at your end which may void the warranty. You may start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules