First Flight
2011 17 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

Despite my misgivings about being stuck in PAL mode, the P3 pro flies great.  It's more responsive than my P2 Vision+ was by far.  I tried auto and manual landing.  Auto landing worked fine but I didn't have the guts to start it more than a few feet from the home point.  I wouldn't trust it not to fly into obstacles from a distance.

Overall the app performed flawlessly, except being stuck in PAL mode upon activation.

Actual flight and camera control were fantastic though.

-Roger Uzun

2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

Upon looking at the 3840x2160/25p video, its the worst thing I've seen.  It shakes like jello constantly.  I wonder if something isn't wrong with this camera.

It's not useable even for a PAL project.  Its very overexposed (I had it set to auto), and it shakes and wobbles like the world was made of Gelatin.
2015-4-29
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

rogeruzun@gmail Posted at 2015-4-29 22:48
Upon looking at the 3840x2160/25p video, its the worst thing I've seen.  It shakes like jello consta ...

Did you have the Ap working?
2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

Yes the app was working.  The stills are fine, the app works fine except you can't choose PAL or NTSC and it stuck me in PAL upon activation even though I chose NTSC.

The video is terrible, especially if you are hovering.  It was calm, no wind.  The video shakes like a bowl of jello constantly.  If you are moving it's less noticeable.  This camera may be defective or maybe PAL mode is broken I dont know.  I will try HD later, but the 2160/25p video shot with my P3 Pro is not useable at all.  
2015-4-29
Use props
mjamesyates
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Seems really odd that the video would be so bad, everything I've seen it looks fine. It goes without saying but I'd check all the hardware and make sure it's set up correctly, cause to me that seems like a gimbal issue. Try recalibrating it?
2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

It's something with the Gimbal I bet.  I bet it needs replaced.  I think I have a defective unit.

If I just shoot video without ever flying there isn't any wobble.

If I fly for a few seconds, land then turn off the motors.  The wobble persists even though the unit is just sitting on the ground with the engines off.  

I think the gimbal is moving very slightly causing the wobble, and it's never really steady even though it looks steady.

Maybe I need to calibrate something inside with a yet to be released Assitant app.  Something is either defective or needs calibration in my P3.

2015-4-29
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Which tablet are you using?
2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

I am using a Samsung Galaxy-S5 phone.  Looking at the inspire 1 forums a guy with this problem had to have the gimbal and associated boards replaced....lame.  Hope I can just calibrate this somehow.
2015-4-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you got video as an example you can post?
2015-4-29
Use props
Deerstalker
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please new to this. What is PAL or NTSC. What do they mean. Thanks
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Mine arrived today. I will try to get in a flight and report back.
2015-4-29
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

Maybe you should wait for a P3 APP, as of today there are none!

You are flying with an Inspire APP
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Yep. I was just about to say that. I got an email today that said The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week.
2015-4-29
Use props
Deerstalker
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-4-30 01:51
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pal+vs+NTSC

Thanks Ntfa was very informative
2015-4-29
Use props
ksdigitaldavid
lvl.1

United States

My problem with this is that dji only offers a 1 week return from day of delivery...not from day it can be properly tested with the app. I confirmed this with support. They say 1 or 2 days but not sure they can really say. Tempted to return it and order the 2 battery version from amazon where I get better return policy.
2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

Here's a 1080/50p sample of the wobble.  It wobbles even standing still on the ground with the engines off.  Maybe the update to the Pilot app will help but I think I have a defective P3.

To see 1080/50p you need to use chrome I believe, at least on a PC.

2015-4-29
Use props
hansweijkamp.ho
lvl.1

Netherlands

rogeruzun@gmail Posted at 2015-4-30 03:23
Here's a 1080/50p sample of the wobble.  It wobbles even standing still on the ground with the engin ...

Did you remove the styrofoam part between the gimbal end the body?
This seems to be easily overlooked, even in the unboxing video,s.
2015-4-30
Use props
paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just so no one becomes alarmed by reading the complaints about video quality like I did, he did not...once he removed that styrofoam piece, things were fine.
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules