Shipping to Canada
5747 7 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hi, has anyone ordered from DJI and have their order shipped to Canada.  What was your experience and how long did it take to ship, clear customs and final delivery to home.  In addition what was the cost of delivery, customs brokerage and shipping cost within Canada.

Looking at ordering an OSMO+ but not sure if it will get here in time or should I just send it to Ogdensburg NY and pick it up there.

Thanks
2018-2-9
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Ordered my Spark at the start of the Black Friday sale. Shipped within a few days of ordering, and arrived 2 or 3 days after it was shipped. No customs, no brokerage. That's included in DJI's shipping as stated in the fine print on their website about shipping. It even says to reject the package and contact DJI imediately if they try to charge you anything for customs/brokerage.

YMMV on shipping times though, it's almost Chinese New Year and that can be chaos for shipping times.
2018-2-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-2-9 11:56
Ordered my Spark at the start of the Black Friday sale. Shipped within a few days of ordering, and arrived 2 or 3 days after it was shipped. No customs, no brokerage. That's included in DJI's shipping as stated in the fine print on their website about shipping. It even says to reject the package and contact DJI imediately if they try to charge you anything for customs/brokerage.

YMMV on shipping times though, it's almost Chinese New Year and that can be chaos for shipping times.

Thanks for your help.  Glad to see no additional cost.
2018-2-9
Use props
Moserg 6
lvl.1
Canada

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-2-9 11:56
Ordered my Spark at the start of the Black Friday sale. Shipped within a few days of ordering, and arrived 2 or 3 days after it was shipped. No customs, no brokerage. That's included in DJI's shipping as stated in the fine print on their website about shipping. It even says to reject the package and contact DJI imediately if they try to charge you anything for customs/brokerage.

YMMV on shipping times though, it's almost Chinese New Year and that can be chaos for shipping times.

Hello. Did you pay taxes on top whatever charges ware set by DJI?
2018-2-11
Use props
Oups7777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11670 ft
Canada

Moserg 6 Posted at 2018-2-11 13:52
Hello. Did you pay taxes on top whatever charges ware set by DJI?

Hi

I bought my spark last week and it took 2 days to came in, not tax, not duty fee, only the DJI price
2018-2-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Oups7777 Posted at 2018-2-11 17:17
Hi

I bought my spark last week and it took 2 days to came in, not tax, not duty fee, only the DJI price

Good to know for future purchases.
2018-2-12
Use props
CBQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1395466 ft
United States

Hi Everyone

Recent buyer of the Mavic Mini, just wanted to report my experience here as well.

I am VERY happy to report that, as everyone here has said, the drone actually did arrive in Canada without any taxes or customs fees owing! And in VERY good time as well, 2 weeks almost exactly from the date of purchase.

Very impressed, given the device shipped from China (I tracked it along the way to confirm), and was purchased in USD. Still, no hidden fees at delivery! It went from China, to USA, to Canada, all within a week (then a whole week waiting in my province for final delivery, but that is probably nothing to do with DJI at that point).

Just wanted to let everyone know as an update for 2020. DJI is still upholding their dedication to not charging anything beyond what you paid at checkout!

Awesome service! Thank you very much DJI. Won’t hesitate to buy from you again.
2020-8-16
Use props
Pop Alexandra
lvl.1

Romania

Oups7777 Posted at 2018-2-11 17:17
Hi

I bought my spark last week and it took 2 days to came in, not tax, not duty fee, only the DJI price

Not bad. I had a minor fee when ordering through W2C. Still worth it, though.
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules