Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OK, So I got a new Mavic Pro Platinum...
813 20 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

OK, on December 31, 2017 my Mavic Pro Platinum glitched and did not Return Home (RTH), So I purchased a new one
and activated it last night.  Updated the firmware as the DJI App Asked to do so and spent 30 min updating my new
Mavic Platinum.  By the time it finished down loading and up loading it was to late to go outside and try it out.  I will do
that over the weekend and hope that it all goes well.  
So after having my first Mavic Platinum fly away and not return home, I am a bit gun shy and will keep the drone close so
that if it glitches and starts acting up it will be close enought that I can, hopefully, manually bring it back home.  Althoug the
first one was no more that two hundred feet high and supposedly no more than 300 feet away.  

I am now toying with the idea of purchasing a new Mavic Air.  I'll post what happens...

2018-2-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

good luck silver surfer
2018-2-9
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-9 12:59
good luck silver surfer

Thanks Bekaru Tree!
2018-2-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13660256 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck with the new one.
2018-2-9
Use props
duke123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Good luck with the new Mavic
2018-2-9
Use props
slimharry
Second Officer

Canada

good luck! let us know !
2018-2-9
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-9 14:08
Good luck with the new one.

Thanks  A CW, Keeping my fingers crossed.
2018-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1915335 ft
Netherlands

Good luck and keep us posted
2018-2-10
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-9 15:21
Good luck with the new Mavic

Thanks Duke 123, appreciate the well wishes!
2018-2-10
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-9 15:29
good luck! let us know !

Thanks slimharry, will keep you posted.
2018-2-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

"after having my first Mavic Platinum fly away and not return home, I am a bit gun shy and will keep the drone close so that if it glitches and starts acting up"

Have a friend with a drone?  If so, perhaps your friend would fly "Ar Cover" (aka Drone Tracker) for first few flights.  Get you past the gun-shy fly-away.
2018-2-11
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

The best wishes for success with your new purchase. A little luck we all need from time to time. I'm sure it's going to be fine.
2018-2-11
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-2-11 15:11
"after having my first Mavic Platinum fly away and not return home, I am a bit gun shy and will keep the drone close so that if it glitches and starts acting up"

Have a friend with a drone?  If so, perhaps your friend would fly "Ar Cover" (aka Drone Tracker) for first few flights.  Get you past the gun-shy fly-away.

Great idea hedge trimer!  Thanks
2018-2-11
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-11 15:19
The best wishes for success with your new purchase. A little luck we all need from time to time. I'm sure it's going to be fine.

Thanks  FlyDK!
2018-2-11
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts.  I fired up the drone this weekend and after doing the GPS dance I tested my drone.  I am happy to report that it all went well  and the drone seemed to be A-OK.  I didn't take any pictures or movies cause I was more concerned on how it flew and responded to the RTH command.  Due to time constraints I wasn't able to check the different modes but will do it and report back.
2018-2-11
Use props
Mavic Ace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about your fly away.  I live way out in the country and have had my Platinum 2 Miles away with no problems. Maybe there is RF interference in your area.  Hope it doesn’t happen again.  I got my Air a week ago and I love it. Best of luck.
2018-2-11
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-2-11 17:39
Sorry to hear about your fly away.  I live way out in the country and have had my Platinum 2 Miles away with no problems. Maybe there is RF interference in your area.  Hope it doesn’t happen again.  I got my Air a week ago and I love it. Best of luck.

Thanks Mavic Ace!  It must have been some type of interference.  I did get a massage "Fly with caution, strong RFC interference detected ".  I then pressed the RTH button  to no avail.

I now have a new Mavic Platinum  and have learned a valuable lesson from my previous experience.
Fly straight  and fly right
2018-2-11
Use props
MFPullen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4735121 ft
  • >>>
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-2-11 18:09
Thanks Mavic Ace!  It must have been some type of interference.  I did get a massage "Fly with caution, strong RFC interference detected ".  I then pressed the RTH button  to no avail.

I now have a new Mavic Platinum  and have learned a valuable lesson from my previous experience.

We only get better by learning from our past experinces.  A good pilot always has some scary stories to tell from which  he learned a lot.
2018-2-11
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-11 19:14
We only get better by learning from our past experinces.  A good pilot always has some scary stories to tell from which  he learned a lot.

You're absolutely correct, MFPullen.
2018-2-12
Use props
Silver Surfer
Second Officer
United States

I have now flown my new Mavic Platinum 3 times since my last post and all seems to be working well.  I did take pictures this time and I am getting a little pixelation at the begining, however it disappeared after a few minutes.  I have to keep an eye on that.  I hope I don't have to send it back for repairs.  I know that others have had some pixelation issues.
2018-3-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13660256 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-3-5 16:17
I have now flown my new Mavic Platinum 3 times since my last post and all seems to be working well.  I did take pictures this time and I am getting a little pixelation at the begining, however it disappeared after a few minutes.  I have to keep an eye on that.  I hope I don't have to send it back for repairs.  I know that others have had some pixelation issues.

Great news!       
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules