Spark maintenance and common issues as flight time increases
1450 10 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJLMSU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37457 ft
United States

I am a newer spark owner and I was wonering if there is any regular maintenance needed or common things to watch out for after a certain number of hours of logged flight time. I only have about 7 hours on my Spark but want to know what to be on the lookout for and when. Any help would be aweseome.
2018-2-9
Use props
Smark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Excellent question! I would be interested as well...
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Good question. Now I've checked and seems like I didn't get service book with mine neither.
2018-2-9
Use props
djiuser_qLxMSf2VDqRR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65545 ft
United Kingdom

Reliable it seems
2018-2-9
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

After every 5km, you need to inspect the propeller blades and prop guards for any dust or other particle contamination
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you read the disclaimer and safety guidelines of spark. Here is the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.2_EN.pdf Please fully charge your battery every 3 months. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Might I also add that checking the aircraft before and after every fight to check for changes, loose screws, cracks etc. Probably the best preventative maintenance you can do.
2018-2-10
Use props
Jones_Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78714 ft
Guam

I have over 44 hours logged on my spark ,and I check my blades before each flight . Other than that ,the spark is reliable
2018-2-10
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

In lieu of any Maintenance / Service booklets I always give the Spark / Propellers a visual check after flying, clean off any dust, charge the batteries and stow away for the next flight.
2018-2-10
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I always check the battery and propellers before each flight. If I had a crash then I remove all propellers and carry out a thorough inspection of the blades and locking clips before flying again. On two occasions I have found that one of the locking clip has been broken but you wouldn’t notice unless remove the propellers and inspect it carefully.  Also hair line cracks on the blades are invisible unless looked at it carefully.

Please see the attached photo showing the damaged propellers. So it’s important to check your AC before takeoff and importantly if it had a crash.

2018-2-10
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37457 ft
United States

Thank you for the input and advice
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules