Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro controller stick calibration
9434 19 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Hello:

Does anyone else have dificulty calibrating the sticks on the mavic pro controller?  It takes me multiple tries contending with "time out" issues before it will complete the calibration process.  I have a feeling I'm not alone with this issue.

Thank you,
Chuck
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hey Chuck, please refer to the tutorial and calibrate the RC again. See if it works.
2018-2-10
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Is this an old calibration movie? Once I calibrated lately, I got a different screen and it was almost impossible to calibrate. After tons of tries and timeouts I eventuallly was able to calibrate.
2018-2-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Maybe this one is better.

2018-2-10
Use props
fans5f932e13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91129 ft
South Korea

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-10 02:44
Maybe this one is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0R46QPeag

The calibration icons are different on the Mavic Air , it's a cross with a % tried many times, can't get it calibrated
2018-2-10
Use props
fans5f932e13
lvl.1
South Korea

I also have difficulty calibrating the Mavic Air controller. I also have the Mavic Pro and it's much easier but every tutorial shows the square to follow as with the Pro but my Air has crosses, it's a real pain!
2018-2-10
Use props
fans5f932e13
lvl.1
South Korea

fans5f932e13 Posted at 2018-2-10 03:45
The calibration icons are different on the Mavic Air , it's a cross with a % tried many times, can't get it calibrated

I see u also have the same problem, also I see ur in Korea as well maybe it's a Korean thing LOL
2018-2-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

fans5f932e13 Posted at 2018-2-10 03:53
I see u also have the same problem, also I see ur in Korea as well  maybe it's a Korean thing LOL

This thread is about Mavic Pro. Please don't mix things. Better to start your own thread and as here, be clear about it's an Air.
2018-2-10
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 00:33
Hey Chuck, please refer to the tutorial and calibrate the RC again. See if it works.

Hi Thor:

The instructional video you posted is not the current video.  The most recent video, as FlyDK posted, has me chasing a blue circle around the box.  The blue circle doesn't always cooperate very well.  

Chuck
2018-2-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-2-10 15:56
Hi Thor:

The instructional video you posted is not the current video.  The most recent video, as FlyDK posted, has me chasing a blue circle around the box.  The blue circle doesn't always cooperate very well.  

"The blue circle doesn't always cooperate very well"
I totally agree with you - it really can be a pain in the a**.
2018-2-11
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

I am also having difficulties calibrating the Mavic Pro controller. The blue circle is hard to move around and once I finally get this done, I am stuck at the left dial calibration. Moving it to the left, no problem but when moving it to the right to hit the last blue circle, it just won't recognize it.
2018-2-12
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

My Mavic Air controller lost take off function after calibration. Now just take off i must swipe from phone, other than that, all things work. Please give me suggestion
2018-5-13
Use props
Macabre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390220 ft
Sweden

Marian Posted at 2018-2-12 12:00
I am also having difficulties calibrating the Mavic Pro controller. The blue circle is hard to move around and once I finally get this done, I am stuck at the left dial calibration. Moving it to the left, no problem but when moving it to the right to hit the last blue circle, it just won't recognize it.

Did you get this solved? And if so, how? I am stuck on the same part.
2018-5-25
Use props
eried
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

Macabre Posted at 2018-5-25 12:08
Did you get this solved? And if so, how? I am stuck on the same part.

It is a real PITA you have to go slow and steady. When it does not respond I was just wacking the stick around the spot that didn't work, like if you're playing Street Fighter.
2018-5-26
Use props
Macabre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390220 ft
Sweden

eried Posted at 2018-5-26 00:04
It is a real PITA you have to go slow and steady. When it does not respond I was just wacking the stick around the spot that didn't work, like if you're playing Street Fighter.

Yeah I got it working after a while. Just keep trying.
2018-5-29
Use props
ISAWHIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167 ft

On my phone, you can't even see the right-side of the right calibration display. Talk about impossible to calibrate!

TIP: Do both at the same time. It is almost twice as fast. It will not time-out. (Which is a stupid thing to have in calibration.)

That is not how calibration should be done anyways. It should just have you moving the joystick around the full range, a few times, and take what it gets as the calibration. Instead, it demands that the stick reach a set distance, which is not calibration, but a limit-test. I assume many of our devices are at the edge of that limit, by design, making it hard to hit the "mark" of the preset "capture-point". (Again, that is not what calibration is. It should be just testing the limits, not demanding that you reach preset limits.)

The trick is to slowly pass the circle a few times, back and forth. Holding it there will do nothing, at times. Backing-off a bit, so you are actually at the preset point, and not past it, at the actual "limit" or "edge", will also help. (It will turn green and then the next motion will make it jump to the next spot.)
2018-6-1
Use props
fans0c5f7811
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413665 ft

I too have had problems calibrating my sticks on the Mavic Pro controller today. The drone was not flying properly (responding incorrectly to inputs, which didn't happen the last time I flew a week ago). Whenever I pulled at the left stick to bring it lower, it would go into LANDING mode so I had to push the stick to stop that. I was puzzled why it was doing that so I thought I would recalibrate.  After many tries chasing the ball to the first right corner, I gave up. I could not seem to proceed to the next step.

And then I did a stupid thing. I started up the drone and let it go up. With the sticks uncalibrated, it rose... and kept rising! I couldn't control it in any direction and in a panic, I hit the RTH button and it stopped and started trying to land. I say 'trying' because it would come down a bit and then hover. I was at the beach and I was terrified it would drift out over the water so I kept hitting the RTH button and it slowly descended. Again, as with my Spark which fell 80 metres onto my awning, I was very lucky that it managed to descend to the spot where it took off from. While I can understand that with the sticks uncalibrated, the control signals were probably messed up but it should have gone into automatic landing when RTH was activated.
2018-6-2
Use props
danmckinney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29196 ft
United States

ISAWHIM Posted at 2018-6-1 19:33
On my phone, you can't even see the right-side of the right calibration display. Talk about impossible to calibrate!

TIP: Do both at the same time. It is almost twice as fast. It will not time-out. (Which is a stupid thing to have in calibration.)

Good tips! I've almost made it to the "end of the game" using a kind of scrubbing technique. But I will say this is a really f*cking stupid feature.  My remote battery was at 100% when I started calibration, now it's down to 54%.   WTH
2018-7-22
Use props
Owenphil
lvl.1

United States

Why are you having to calibrate the sticks? Doesn’t it come with the sticks calibrated? I just got my Mav  Pro and confused about whether I need to calibrate or not. Do the stick get out of calibration often?
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_HsqNl573WYAj
New

Australia

Hi guys I'm a novice with all this so bare with me. I'm trying to get my uncles mavic pro going. Everything turns on but the controller tells me there is a stick error so I have tried to recalibrate the controller but I only get as far as the top right corner when following the blue circle. We have had a few issues with calibrating things and last time I eventually got it going but this time it wont work. All updates appear to be the most recent firmware but still having issues.

Do you have any suggestions?
2020-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules