BATTERY FIX! New Assistant Software/Firmware update
14079 12 2014-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Was having some odd issues with my new Phantom 2 I received last night. It was on 3.08 firmware and acting different from my other phantoms. After a winded discussion with Eirlink and other members, we discoverd DJI's new Assistant Software software and new firmware update! Check out the new features:

New battery mgmt features.

October 28, 2014 PHANTOM 2 Flight Controller Firmware V3.08 released
What’s new?

Major New Features
1. New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was stored for extended period.
2. Battery cell damages detection feature added.
3. New battery cell balancing feature to extend battery life.
4. Maximum descent speed set to 0.6m/s when the aircraft’s altitude is less than 10m and descending automatically
(for example in failsafe mode). The maximum speed of descent remains 2m/s in other flight conditions.
5. Propulsion system performance enhancements.

Sounds like DJI is acknowledging and addressing the swollen battery issues after all. Heck yeah DJI.

2014-10-28
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

I think i wait for a while with updating, i dont like this - "the Home Point will automatically be reset to the location of your device every 2 seconds during flight." - How should it ever return for the first homepoint, in case of trouble ???
Maybe DJI want them all to fly away, for selling some new units
2014-10-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

b.w.j@joergense Posted at 2014-10-29 00:17
I think i wait for a while with updating, i dont like this - "the Home Point will automatically be r ...

This is "Dynamic Home Point".
Pretty sure it can be enabled/disabled on the app.

If you're in a moving vehicle, you want Home Point to move with you.
Otherwise, a RTH will go back to where the flight started, not where you currently are located...
2014-10-28
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

Cant see any place in app where it can be en/disabled.
And "If you're in a moving vehicle, you want Home Point to move with you" is impossible with Phantom, it requires a GPS in RC to tell Phantom your position.
2014-10-28
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

These features don't work :

1. New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was stored for extended period.
2. Battery cell damages detection feature added.
3. New battery cell balancing feature to extend battery life.
2014-10-28
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

DHP can be disabled in the app. Note that you also need to have GPS enabled in your device for DHP to work.

It's a decent feature for boat owners taking their Phantom along.
2014-10-28
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

aerialpicturean Posted at 2014-10-29 04:05
These features don't work :

1. New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged b ...

How do you know?
2014-10-28
Use props
Eraser339
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25502 ft
Australia

b.w.j@joergense Posted at 2014-10-29 00:17
I think i wait for a while with updating, i dont like this - "the Home Point will automatically be r ...

My understanding is you turn activate the GPS on your phone. Then your phone acts as the home point updated every two seconds. Useful in a boat or if you are walking near trees.

Also you need to update all your batteries. deh.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1379&page=1&extra=#pid6975

The DJI release notes do not include the Battery firmware version no. 2.6

Aslo need to download the new manual 1.6.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
2014-10-28
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

It tells me battery is not supported. I have original DJI batteries.

I found out you have to go back to previous version of Ass Software V3.4 and update batteries first.

2014-10-28
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

[size=14.4444446563721px]FYI -- if you're not seeing all these updates that everybody is talking about you may simply be using an earlier version of the Phantom 2 assistant software.  This week DJI releases two different versions in the space of three days!  See attached screen capture that shows the differences:
Phanton 2 vision assistant - differences.jpg
2014-10-31
Use props
eric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2684 ft
United States

We have a iPod Touch 5 with GPS that I use for my to fly my P2V+.  Why? can I not use DHP with my iPod Touch 5 and GPS?    2nd thing is my SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 will not work with the P2V+.  It has some sort of WiFi scan on it and does not see the P2V+ as a proper secure internet connection and it will disconnect from the P2V+ and try connecting to any other WiFi with a secure connection on it.
2014-11-9
Use props
jasonisdn
lvl.1

United States

The DHP is for vision and vision plus models only correct?
2015-1-27
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

i cant find new update
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules