2196 6 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I imagine many people bought this for professional projects to complement the Inspire or S series.   I  personally bought this to use in small indoor spaces because I am not willing to take my S-series and Inspire inside in close quarters.  I really don't see a big difference in buying the Phantom 3 Advanced and the Phantom Vision Plus (v.3).. The Phantom 3 Proffesional model is more appealing and makes more sense to me for future proofing with 4k.  

For those who wanted an update out of external RC equipment, I would say either Phantom 3 model is a good buy (if the app ever works).  However as some people are rushing out to sell all of their Phantom 2 products, I am not going to.  Of course if money is a factor, agreed, sell away.  However, I believe there will be some amazing small format cameras that will hopefully be able to be handled by the Phantom 2 in the future.  I imagine Gopro is trying there very best to come out with something the can top the blackmagic cam, so hopefully the old gimbals will be usable in the future.   

A few things noticed about the new Phantom 3.  As advertised, the new Phantom 3 batteries will NOT fit.  This seems like such a F-U to DJI consumers.
With all of the technology DJI has manufactured you would think this would be an easy work around (or work in).   My first thought was that I can't even tell the differences between the batteries.  Yet there shape is different.., barely.   
The New Props seem to be a bit sturdier and screw in differently.  You actually need to be a bit careful, unlike the P2,  you could potentially screw the props on wrong if not paying attention.  
The camera is nice.  Looks sleek for a camera and more professional then the previous p2+..  Some have reported that the 4k does not look right.  I'd be willing to bet this could have something to do with most people not having a 4k editing setup and monitor.. My advice would be to downgrade the image to a format you like, and see if you are still getting a bad image.  Also be aware, there is a small piece of foam core that is under the camera.  I actually didnt even see this at first glance.   It could impede your gimbal and cause any number of visual problems.  

The remote is like the Inspire 1 however it lacks some of the panash of the Inspire1.   The main differences are that the P3 does not include a HDMI port on the back of the remote.  The P3 remote is lighter and also contains the two buttons on the back, C1 and C2 and many of you already know.  

Hopefully we can fly this soon....

2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

Mine flies fine but the video is wobbly.  Either a bad Gimbal or the unit needs some calibration.  Hopefully an updated app or assistant software will be available soon.  I'm tempted to just return it and wait for the problems to get fixed.
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I received the following email today. They indicated that The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. You are probably flying with  a non compatable app.

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

We are thrilled that you will be receiving your Phantom 3 soon. With your new Phantom's unparalleled camera quality and flight experience, you will soon be creating stunning aerial images and videos.

We also have some important updates regarding your Phantom 3:

24/7 Customer Service

DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technical support for all Phantom 3 customers. If you have any questions or concerns about your Phantom 3, please contact DJI anytime starting at 6:00 pm, April 28, 2015 (GMT+8).

You can reach the technical support team by:

1.        Live Chat: Visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/ and click on “Live Chat”
2.        E-mail: support@dji.com
3.        A DJI regional office during local working hours:

•        North America: Call +1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PST, or e-mail us.support@dji.com         
        •        EU Member Countries: Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Central European time, or e-mail support.europe@dji.com         
        •        Japan: E-mail support.jp@dji.com.         

iOS Pilot App

The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.

Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.

For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.

The Android version will be available on April 30.

Orders with an Extra Battery

If you ordered an Extra Battery with your Phantom 3, this will be shipped separately at a later date in May. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
DJI
2015-4-29
Use props
kev1799
lvl.2

United States

I just got my phantom . Is the phantom basically grounded since I cant connect the first time to the Pilot App? I cant seem to get it to manually takeoff.
2015-4-29
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

kev1799 Posted at 2015-4-30 02:24
I just got my phantom . Is the phantom basically grounded since I cant connect the first time to the ...

Remember to remove the foam core under the gimbal as stated above
2015-4-29
Use props
kev1799
lvl.2

United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-30 03:53
Remember to remove the foam core under the gimbal as stated above

Thanks I didnt catch that.
2015-4-29
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

My wobbly video was caused by failure to remove the foam core around the gimbal arm as stated above.  Once I removed the foam around the gimbal arm the unit works fine.  I am stuck in PAL mode but that will be addressed with an update to the app.  Right now with the android app its working fine and I am getting good steady video.
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules