Mavic Air wont turn on
35721 30 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AloHa666
lvl.1
Morocco

Hello , just unboxed my brand new mavic air , I charged the battery then connected it to the aircraft , when I try to turn it on from the read I get nothing .

Any idea ?
2018-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It might sound silly, but how are you trying to turn on MavAir.

You should press once then press again and hold until aircraft fires up.
2018-2-9
Use props
AloHa666
lvl.1
Morocco

Solved .... I was not familiar with the intelligent battery toggling ... works like a charm
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good to hear that the issue is resolved! But if you haven't read the manual, I will suggest reading it before the real practice.
2018-2-10
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

AloHa666 Posted at 2018-2-9 17:36
Solved .... I was not familiar with the intelligent battery toggling ... works like a charm

Ah, another RTFM moment ;)
2018-2-10
Use props
AloHa666
lvl.1
Morocco

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-10 01:10
Ah, another RTFM moment ;)

Mainly not  , actually the battery was fully charged but was kind locked . After multiple toggling (on battery) it started delivering power .( I had previously 4 green light solid but when pushing again series of one green single led flashing).
2018-2-10
Use props
AloHa666
lvl.1
Morocco

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 00:31
Good to hear that the issue is resolved! But if you haven't read the manual, I will suggest reading it before the real practice.

Thank you !
2018-2-10
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

AloHa666 Posted at 2018-2-9 17:36

Reading the manual also helps a lot.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans5e666117
New

United States

Just unboxed my mavic sure fly-Moro combo, charged all the batteries and now the unit will not turn on.  I’m hitting the button on the rear of the craft and nothing.  Any suggestions?
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans5e666117 Posted at 2018-2-17 12:41
Just unboxed my mavic sure fly-Moro combo, charged all the batteries and now the unit will not turn on.  I’m hitting the button on the rear of the craft and nothing.  Any suggestions?

RTFM
It is not the button on the rear but the one on the battery! You have to press it once shortly and then hold it until the bird gets alive. But I should not have told you this because if you have not read the manual several times and start to fly out of the blue you will not enjoy your highly sophisticated Aircraft for long I fear!
2018-2-17
Use props
fans5e666117
New

United States

I “RTFM”...  thank you!  It now works.  
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans5e666117 Posted at 2018-2-17 13:48
I “RTFM”...  thank you!  It now works.

You are most welcome :-)
2018-2-17
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

Can't believe these people have (a) not read the manual or (b) never seen a video showing how to start a DJI drone.
2018-2-17
Use props
Stealthpilot313
lvl.1
Singapore

it's all the excitement. Happy flying...
2018-2-18
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

GazFromBrum Posted at 2018-2-17 17:09
Can't believe these people have (a) not read the manual or (b) never seen a video showing how to start a DJI drone.

Gotta start somewhere right?
2018-2-18
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

Best place to start is the manual.
2018-2-18
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Now you can power her up get out there to enjoy flying!
2018-2-18
Use props
Primo08O
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 00:31

Dji Thor my mavic  air is not tuning on pls help
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Primo08O Posted at 2018-4-29 15:23
Dji Thor my mavic  air is not tuning on pls help

Primo, is it a new drone? If yes, please put the battery on the charger for charging then it will wake the battery up. Then press once and long press again to turn on the battery. If it doesn't help, please provide more info so we can help.
2018-4-30
Use props
Rafael Abreu
New

my mavic  air is not tuning on, i charged all 3 batteries, when i decided to fly, just 2 were ok, one is not waking up, a can't see any leds and when i tried to charged this one the HUB light was red, even tried to charge directly in the charger without the hub, but is not charging, waht should i do?
2018-9-21
Use props
mwerle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2474 ft
Japan

GazFromBrum Posted at 2-17 17:09

Can't believe (some of) these people are so condescending. ;)

A - it's in Japanese (which I can't read)

B - the videos I've seen so far of the Mavic Air have reviewed it, shown off its various features etc, -may- have shown how to turn it on, but that wasn't something I was particularly paying attention to at the time and it wasn't explicitly highlighted.

The App went through all the steps, but for turning on just said to press and hold the battery button. Which I (and presumably the Op) did, to no avail. Poor instructions there; otherwise it did alright.

I then had to disable all the auto-sensing and newbie help stuff because the drone first of all refused to launch (lack of GPS inside my apartment, not allowed to fly it outside in Tokyo) and then hovered stock-still due to all the proximity sensors going off.  Once I did that I had a good fly around the apartment, looking forward to trying it outside on the weekend now!

Anyway, manuals are like directions - a last resort for when you get stuck.. ;)

Fly Safe,
- Micha.
2018-11-13
Use props
exodeus
New
Iceland

mwerle Posted at 2018-11-13 05:34
Can't believe (some of) these people are so condescending. ;)

A - it's in Japanese (which I can't read)

Indeed the condescending is strong.
2019-2-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-9 16:55
It might sound silly, but how are you trying to turn on MavAir.

You should press once then press again and hold until aircraft fires up.

Good call hallmark!
2019-2-18
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

The power button on the battery gives me issues too, the excitement and nervousness kinda compromises my ability to turn it on. So for you first timers, don't feel stupid cause we were all at that point at some time or another.
2019-2-19
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

My MA always starts initializing before I can get is sat down. I'm always uncomfortable with it doing that. The gimbal starts moving and the props move before Its down on the ground and level. Wish the power button was on top.
2019-2-19
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light.
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
2019-6-21
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light does not blink or any sound when I turn on the drone
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
image.jpg
2019-6-22
Use props
fans7e0d9bc7
lvl.1

United States

My mavic air is not work as well when i put everything together and install the battery  and cut it on all that appears to happen is motor spin when powering on then go blank no lights no sound only light showing is the green battery light from ther bottom
2019-7-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

There's going to be some more "I crashed my drone..." threads in a few days time!!
2019-7-16
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 7-16 03:49
There's going to be some more "I crashed my drone..." threads in a few days time!!

most likely lol
before I've even attempted to install the battery in, I've went through all manuals which came with the drone 3 or 4 times plus spent a good few minutes watching YT videos .. I know, thats the noobs approach so dont laugh please
2019-7-16
Use props
Dji iron man
New

United States

Hello I’m using a manic air and I charged the battery for 3 hours and when I click then press and hold the button on the battery it won’t turn on what should I do
2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules