Unresponsive Mavic Air Battery
25032 38 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Kolibas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9918 ft
United States

I haven't even had my Mavic Air for a week, maybe went on a dozen flights and already one of my batteries is just unresponsive. I've had it on the charger overnight, tried plugging it into the hub cable directly even, put it into my Mavic Air and tried turning it on, and nothing.

Is there any way to reset the thing or is it dead? I've tried (of course) press and press and hold, holding the button for 10s, tapping the button repeatedly. Thankfully it's not my only battery but still sucks being down on right now.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Eric, so when you charged the battery, there was also no reaction on the battery, right? If so, I will suggest sending the battery in so we can help to take care of it. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2018-2-10
Use props
Eric Kolibas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9918 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-10 00:22
Hi Eric, so when you charged the battery, there was also no reaction on the battery, right? If so, I will suggest sending the battery in so we can help to take care of it. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Exactly, no response. Okay I guess I will have to do that then.
2018-2-10
Use props
Goin2drt 9
lvl.1
United States

I started a thread on this as well.  Seems like I has the same issue.
2018-2-10
Use props
exos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425486 ft
Canada

same here...battery becomes unresponsive even after charging. It will wake up briefly sometimes, but go back to sleep shortly. I can't use the link posted for repair, seems it does not work in Canada.
2018-3-10
Use props
Barend Horn
lvl.1
South Africa

Good Day
I have the exact same problem with my battery. And there is no support team in South Africa. I sent in a fault report to dji,
But they requested me to make a video of the faulty battery to prove that it’s the battery that’s faulty and not the charger.
I only have one battery and currently there is no stock in South Africa. If you can maybe even assist me to import one I’ll buy a new one. Thanks
2018-5-10
Use props
Air 1660
lvl.2

I had one battery do the same thing, it’ just arrived in Texas for repair or replacement. I’m really hoping my other batteries don’t go bad too
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Air 1660 Posted at 2018-5-10 14:55
I had one battery do the same thing, it’ just arrived in Texas for repair or replacement. I’m really hoping my other batteries don’t go bad too

Hope it will be solved soon. If you need help, please let us know.
2018-5-11
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Barend Horn Posted at 2018-5-10 11:56
Good Day
I have the exact same problem with my battery. And there is no support team in South Africa. I sent in a fault report to dji,
But they requested me to make a video of the faulty battery to prove that it’s the battery that’s faulty and not the charger.

Who did you buy your aircraft through is SA
2018-5-11
Use props
Finlib
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91234 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Eric, so when you charged the battery, there was also no reaction on the battery, right? If so, I will suggest sending the battery in so we can help to take care of it. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

I have the same problem.. no lights, wont charge etc..

I bought the MA fly more combo on 29 Jan from a UK shop. WIll the battery be replaced under warranty? I don’t want to start filling in forms to eventually be charged 50 euros for the pleasure!? Please help!
2018-5-11
Use props
Air 1660
lvl.2

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-11 02:12

Thank you DJI Electra, when or how will they notify me about the process and return?
2018-5-11
Use props
Barend Horn
lvl.1
South Africa

Bought it directly from China,not in South Africa
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Finlib Posted at 2018-5-11 04:21
I have the same problem.. no lights, wont charge etc..

I bought the MA fly more combo on 29 Jan from a UK shop. WIll the battery be replaced under warranty? I don’t want to start filling in forms to eventually be charged 50 euros for the pleasure!? Please help!

Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support If it not caused by pilot's error, it should be under warranty. I believe that they will help you deal with it.
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Air 1660 Posted at 2018-5-11 08:13
Thank you DJI Electra, when or how will they notify me about the process and return?

Do you have a case number? You can provide it to me, I'll help to check, or you can check the repair status at https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-5-14
Use props
Air 1660
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-14 22:44
Do you have a case number? You can provide it to me, I'll help to check, or you can check the repair status at https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Thanks DJI Thor, I finally received an email and I can follow the repair process now
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Air 1660 Posted at 2018-5-15 17:30
Thanks DJI Thor, I finally received an email and I can follow the repair process now

No problems. Any further help needed, please don't hesitate to ask.
2018-5-16
Use props
djiuser_kxPNRFlZjlT1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 524606 ft
Belgium

My battery got a critical voltage error with 30% charge.. managed  to do a safety landing with a few seconds of power... after that battery doesn't respond anymore.. I think I used the battery about 20 times... those are going to be expensive battery's if it will hapen every 20 times...
2019-1-10
Use props
Raymond Macias
New

Hong Kong

My mavic air battery dies too soon and the battery warranty only 6 months!!! Common dji what a frail battery!!!
2019-2-17
Use props
Raymond Macias
New

Hong Kong

My mavic air battery dies too soon and the battery warranty only 6 months!!! Common dji what a frail battery!!!
2019-2-17
Use props
fans48341207
New
United States

Two out of the 3 batteries that came with the Fly More Combo I purchased are now unresponsive. I have DJI Care Refresh and I contacted support and they tell me they are unable to replace the batteries. Very frustrating that I haven't even had the drone for a year and I only have one working battery.. not sure if I will buy from DJI ever again if they are going to do me like this..
2019-3-20
Use props
fans48341207
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-16 23:11
No problems. Any further help needed, please don't hesitate to ask.

Two out of the 3 batteries that came with the Fly More Combo I purchased are now unresponsive. I have DJI Care Refresh and I contacted support and they tell me they are unable to replace the batteries. Very frustrating that I haven't even had the drone for a year and I only have one working battery.. not sure if I will buy from DJI ever again if they are going to do me like this..
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans48341207 Posted at 3-20 08:00
Two out of the 3 batteries that came with the Fly More Combo I purchased are now unresponsive. I have DJI Care Refresh and I contacted support and they tell me they are unable to replace the batteries. Very frustrating that I haven't even had the drone for a year and I only have one working battery.. not sure if I will buy from DJI ever again if they are going to do me like this..

Hi, I am terribly sorry to hear this. May I know when did you purchase the drone? If it is concenient, please kindly provide me with your case number for checking.
Besides, sorry for that the DJI Care Refresh can provide the replacement of the whole drone, including the battery, but it is not able to cover 2 batteries. Hope your kind understanding.
2019-3-21
Use props
jmasonj12
New
United States

I have the same problem.  2 of my fly more combo batteries have died.  What is up with the batteries?
2019-4-3
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of my M.A. batteries died and it was while my drone was landing. The drone fell out of the sky. I sent in my aircraft, they sent me a new aircraft and a new battery. Now another one of my batteries died and DJI support said it's too late to replace it because it's out of warranty. Lame. Poor product.
2019-6-13
Use props
terrence mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127106 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-11 02:12

Same here.i have 2 batteries that are acting up and one of them is not charging or responding as well.whats going on?? Haven't had my mavic air a year yet.
2019-7-28
Use props
fanscd798604
New
Flight distance : 138097 ft

Good day. My Mavic Air’s battery does not want to switch off.

The battery even blinks when it is out of the drone. What must I do next?
2019-9-26
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft

Puzzling trend
Wonder what is causing defect, if it is related to soft & interface with battery
2019-9-26
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft

This does raise a question: What steps can we take to ensure that a battery is good. Is it possible to put a load across the battery to test drain it every now and then to ensure it does not just quit on you in the air. Perhaps using the USB adapter and a Phone that needs its battery charging....
2019-10-3
Use props
fansbc329432
New
Australia

fans48341207 Posted at 3-20 08:00

I had exactly the same issue sent batteries in and they told me what ialready new. I have a  friend who has had same issue just out of warranty. I have the dji care refresh so im goin to send the whole drone in with faulty battery thats what they have advised me to do at dji. I think its stupid. just give me another battery and i will be happy
2019-10-25
Use props
djiuser_Bscrmx5no4Qh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63497 ft
United States

I have the same issue with one of my batteries.  My wife bought me the mavic air for Christmas with three batteries but one only worked for a week or two.  I’ve used the other two batteries without an issue.  I didn’t realize this was a known issue nor that I could do anything about it until I read this forum post.  What can I do to have the battery replaced or repaired?  Thank you!
2020-3-29
Use props
daletidy
lvl.1
Canada

I have the seem problem. One of my batteries just stopped working and wont respond. I've only flown my drone around 25 times. Very poor product.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_FcbJLqkYRxzI
New
United States

daletidy Posted at 5-11 14:19
I have the seem problem. One of my batteries just stopped working and wont respond. I've only flown my drone around 25 times. Very poor product.

I pulled my Mavic air out of storage where it sat for about 6 months.  2 of the 3 batteries seem fine, but one wouldn't turn on, nor charge.  Somehow I managed (via plugging, unplugging, pushing and holding the button...who knows what) to get it to turn on.  Now it won't turn off.  Hitting / holding the button does nothing.  

It had two lights on it, and when stuck into the drone it powered up!  When stuck on the charger, it is actually charging (the lights stay solid, but now it is up to 3 lights and the 4th is blinking).  

So the cells are fine, but the electronics have gone wonky.

Yes, it is out of warranty, but I've probably only flown this a couple dozen times in less than a year (but more than 6 months).  Considering these batteries are $85 each, I expected them to last for years, or at least until I crashed the drone to the point it was irreparable.  

There doesn't appear to be a way to reset the battery, nor re-flash its firmware or anything.  I can't really trust a battery that won't properly turn on/off in the drone...
2020-5-12
Use props
uski
New
United States

I have the same problem. Only flew the drone about 10 times so maybe 2-3 times per battery and now one battery does not work.
I am really, really unhappy with DJI. At the price they sell these batteries, they should last much longer !!!
2020-6-9
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

Its a Manufacture Fault and DJI making Money out of it now by selling more batteries. I have had 2 batteries dead. Dji not taking Responsibility for their manufacturer fault. Will look into contacting consumer affair and see what they say. Below response from DJI ...... Thank  you for your reply.   If an Intelligent Battery has been stored for a long period without being charged or discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid excessive voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells are damaged.  To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform this routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.  Upon checking the battery SN you provided, we found that the battery has been activated over one year, so sorry that there is no free replacement provided. You are advised to purchase a new battery if you need.   Apologize  for the inconvenience, please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further requests, we will try our best to assist you.
2020-7-4
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

uski Posted at 6-9 20:30
I have the same problem. Only flew the drone about 10 times so maybe 2-3 times per battery and now one battery does not work.
I am really, really unhappy with DJI. At the price they sell these batteries, they should last much longer !!!

Its a Manufacture Fault and DJI making Money out of it now by selling more batteries. I have had 2 batteries dead. Dji not taking Responsibility for their manufacturer fault. Will look into contacting consumer affair and see what they say. Below response from DJI ...... Thank  you for your reply.   If an Intelligent Battery has been stored for a long period without being charged or discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid excessive voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells are damaged.  To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform this routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.  Upon checking the battery SN you provided, we found that the battery has been activated over one year, so sorry that there is no free replacement provided. You are advised to purchase a new battery if you need.   Apologize  for the inconvenience, please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further requests, we will try our best to assist you.
2020-7-4
Use props
Voltxs
New

Belgium

I have the exact same problem with one of my batteries. Did someone find a solution ?
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_OIm84zw09yvI
lvl.1

Canada

anyone found a fix fot this issue yet. I have 6 batteries .  1 wont charge long ago. just found ouy another 2 are happen now too. all was on 1 or 2 light left onstorage mode. DJI this your issue   
2021-7-30
Use props
tervel
lvl.1

United States

I am attempting to file a claim as this is obviously an issue with the manufacturing of these batteries yet the web site listed is no longer operational.  Please post a new link to where I can submit a claim for my non-functioning battery.
2022-1-7
Use props
fans75fef922
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98668 ft

Bulgaria

hey do someone find fix ?
2022-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules