Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI go 4 Disconnects from Drone Randomly
2093 12 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

So today I took my Mavic pro out for a long distance flight. After the controller disconnected from the aircraft at a little over a mile out (I live in an area with interference), the live feed of the app (obviously) also disconnected. The only problem was, the live feed remained disconnected. On the drone's journey home, long after the controller regained connection (LCD screen says everything) the app remained "disconnected". I went back to the home screen after a minute, and it said "Enter Device", instead of "Go Fly".  I even tried to restart the app, to no avail. When the Mavic got to the home point, I was able to "resolve" the issue by restarting the drone itself. I'd rather not deal with that again, so does anyone know the cause of the issue, and/or have a solution?

P.S.: The app also kept reminding me to update No fly zones. However I've already attempted to update it over and over again, so it seemingly didn't work.

2018-2-9
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

What device are you using?
2018-2-9
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-2-9 19:45
What device are you using?

Samsung galaxy s8
2018-2-9
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

What Firmware and App?
2018-2-9
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Happened to me as well. Restarting the RC fixed the issue
2018-2-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have this same issue with my s8, only way to reconnect is to restart drone. I have reloaded app and cleared cache still does not work, using the iphone seems to be better with no disconnect.
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-2-9 20:17
What Firmware and App?

Don't know firmware, but I use DJI go 4
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-2-10 04:56
I have this same issue with my s8, only way to reconnect is to restart drone. I have reloaded app and cleared cache still does not work, using the iphone seems to be better with no disconnect.

DJI really needs to repair their android app
2018-2-10
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r Posted at 2018-2-10 06:09
Don't know firmware, but I use DJI go 4

Have you updated your app or FW lately? Old app with new FW or old FW with new app can cause errors.
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-2-10 07:27
Have you updated your app or FW lately? Old app with new FW or old FW with new app can cause errors.

I last updated the firmware a couple weeks ago, but I haven't even checked for app updates since I got it last Christmas, so that might've caused the random app disconnect?

Edit: There was an update required for the app...

2018-2-10
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r Posted at 2018-2-10 07:52
I last updated the firmware a couple weeks ago, but I haven't even checked for app updates since I got it last Christmas, so that might've caused the random app disconnect?

Edit: There was an update required for the app...

You can look it up in your app. Just connect your remote controller and then you can see it.
The FW on controller should be the same as on AC.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If the app disconnects to the RC randomly, I suggest first trying to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app by scanning the QR code on the official website, then try to change another connecting cable to test if it would be the loosen cable which caused this issue. Also, if you have an iOS device, you can also try to see if it relates to the mobile device or the RC. Please ensure the firmware of the drone and RC have updated before testing. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
djiuser_OnW1HTsoYl3r
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 23:52
If the app disconnects to the RC randomly, I suggest first trying to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app by scanning the QR code on the official website, then try to change another connecting cable to test if it would be the loosen cable which caused this issue. Also, if you have an iOS device, you can also try to see if it relates to the mobile device or the RC. Please ensure the firmware of the drone and RC have updated before testing. Thank you.

I flew with a Samsung galaxy j7 earlier today, and the "aircraft disconnect" issues went away.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules