Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK team. Anyone else experienced this?

Mavic Air arrrived yesterday. Update to new firmware on craft (v...200) and then new firmware on controller. Calibrated VPS and Gimbal - IMU and compass were happy. Went outside and first received a compass error - recalibrated and OK. Took off to test gesture control then landed. On landing  "Main controller data error"appeared on the status line, and when I looked at status it reported "Barometer error". Rebooted both craft and controller, but error comes back.

Anyone seen this before? Meanwhile, I'm going to try refreshing the controller firmware then re-test.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

"Main controller data error" Should be a Flight recorder error or IMU error: Try to refresh the AC firmware
2018-2-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-2-9 21:12
"Main controller data error" Should be a Flight recorder error or IMU error: Try to refresh the AC firmware

Thanks for the suggestion.
OK - here's what I did. I noted that the GO app was not reporting a version number for the controller firmware, even though I was flying with it for a full battery. So, I refreshed the controller firmware (actually, twice) and the version then appeared.

Did an IMU calibration also, just to be sure. Did it twice, as I realised I was not positioning the craft exactly as displayed by the GO app.

Did a fly around the inside of my house and all looked fine. I'll recharge everything back up and test it in the wild tomorrow.
2018-2-9
Use props
fansf051d728
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same issue.
Let me know how you the test went. I have upgraded the firmware and performed a IMU calibration. I'm taking the air out for a test tomorrow.
2018-2-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansf051d728 Posted at 2018-2-10 02:37
I have the same issue.
Let me know how you the test went. I have upgraded the firmware and performed a IMU calibration. I'm taking the air out for a test tomorrow.

Hi. After refreshing the firmware twice with a factory default reset in-between (I do this for my P4P when doing an update too), I did an IMU calibration, then a gimbal calibration. I also refreshed the controller using the hiden option on the GO "device" screen (pressing the three lines at top right for 5 secs and releasing). Took out Special K (it's red, so seemed funny at the time) for a flight yesterday, and the data error didn't reappear at all.

Otherwise, it was an exceptionally windy day and the little fella handled it quite well. I wouldn't have normally flown on a day like that, but I wanted to see if the error went away and test out gesture control. Only problem I have now is that the internal storage isn't being detected when the craft is plugged into my Win 10 PC via USB, so I have no way of getting any video downloaded from it... (groan)
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-11 13:24
Hi. After refreshing the firmware twice with a factory default reset in-between (I do this for my P4P when doing an update too), I did an IMU calibration, then a gimbal calibration. I also refreshed the controller using the hiden option on the GO "device" screen (pressing the three lines at top right for 5 secs and releasing). Took out Special K (it's red, so seemed funny at the time) for a flight yesterday, and the data error didn't reappear at all.

Otherwise, it was an exceptionally windy day and the little fella handled it quite well. I wouldn't have normally flown on a day like that, but I wanted to see if the error went away and test out gesture control. Only problem I have now is that the internal storage isn't being detected when the craft is plugged into my Win 10 PC via USB, so I have no way of getting any video downloaded from it... (groan)

Glad that you'd got the error resolved. And for the internal storage, I assumed that the drone can be detected by DJI Assistant 2, right? If so, I think you can try to restart the PC, or check the storage manager and see if there is an exclamation mark, try to replug the cable multiple times, or you might need to try in another PC. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 23:42
Glad that you'd got the error resolved. And for the internal storage, I assumed that the drone can be detected by DJI Assistant 2, right? If so, I think you can try to restart the PC, or check the storage manager and see if there is an exclamation mark, try to replug the cable multiple times, or you might need to try in another PC. Thank you.

Thanks Thor, but I did all of that - except trying another PC (I need it to work with the one I have - I'm not buying another PC). I'm not the only one with this problem.
Checking Device Manager, the only driver which has an issue is the Vision driver, but my understanding is that that's used for two-way connection for visual sensor calibration, and not for access to online storage. I really wish DJI would get that driver properly digitally signed, btw.
The PC detects the Mavic (I hear a "dink donk" when plugging USB in), but storage does not appear in File Explorer. I'll do more testing this weekend, but my fear is that the internal hub providing connection to both the 8Gb and inserted SDCard is faulty. I only received it last Friday, so if I can't get either to work it'll go back as DOA.
2018-2-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 23:42

Any further thoughts on the storage access issue, Thor? Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=135492
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-15 14:09
Any further thoughts on the storage access issue, Thor? Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=135492

Have you checked carefully which drives are available in your Windows Explorer when the MA is connected? On my Windows 10 PC I have access to the internal storage, but it is not displayed as an USB storage device. In my case it is displayed as a Phantom CD drive (because I have this software installed). In your case it might display as a different drive and be accessible.
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-15 14:50
Have you checked carefully which drives are available in your Windows Explorer when the MA is connected? On my Windows 10 PC I have access to the internal storage, but it is not displayed as an USB storage device. In my case it is displayed as a Phantom CD drive (because I have this software installed). In your case it might display as a different drive and be accessible.

Hi. Thanks for your insight.
Yes, I'm sure it doesn't appear in any way. But you've given me another thought. I'll check Storage Manager when the Mavic is powered on. It's possible that it wants to use certain drive letters which are already assigned so conflict and are hidden. The solution there would be to manually re-assign the drive letters.
I've seen that before, although not for a while, but worth a look.
Cheers.
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-15 15:05
Hi. Thanks for your insight.
Yes, I'm sure it doesn't appear in any way. But you've given me another thought. I'll check Storage Manager when the Mavic is powered on. It's possible that it wants to use certain drive letters which are already assigned so conflict and are hidden. The solution there would be to manually re-assign the drive letters.
I've seen that before, although not for a while, but worth a look.

That is definitely worth to check, good thought!
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There is another thread regarding issues connecting the controller to PC to use Assistant 2 for update. Apparently the USB drivers aren't loading properly when detected. The solution there was to install Assistant 2 v1.0.7 as Admin, and then to install latest v1.2.2 as Admin over the top. Drivers then work as per spec. I''l try that on the weekend to see if it resolves the DJI virtual storage drivers also.
2018-2-15
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Why did u calibrate every single thing u could calibrate on your drone? I mean i understand imu if values are a stray or compass if app tells u or values are a stray....idk got about 52 flights on my ma....guess what have not calibrated a single thing...and it fly's excellent!!!
2018-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-2-15 23:08
Why did u calibrate every single thing u could calibrate on your drone? I mean i understand imu if values are a stray or compass if app tells u or values are a stray....idk got about 52 flights on my ma....guess what have not calibrated a single thing...and it fly's excellent!!!

So you had the barometric data error too, and resolved it without calibrating? Cool - great to hear.
Otherwise, craft upgrades tend to clear certain parameters, so it's safer to recalibrate to be certain - VPS and gimbal (which is an offset of IMU as zero) is always advisable. Hey, it costs you little extra time while it's sitting on the bench.

But true, IMU and compass are the set-and-forget ones - unless you are advised to reset or if you have a relevant error.
2018-2-15
Use props
djiuser_6Req8FMwXLVD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809783 ft
India

same problem here..any working solution.barometer error...PLZ HELP
2018-2-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_6Req8FMwXLVD Posted at 2018-2-27 04:53
same problem here..any working solution.barometer error...PLZ HELP

See posts #3 and #5.
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_tNckSSWoWBtV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5351 ft
Spain

Hello, I have the same problem, I received my mavic air yesterday, I have updated the firware of the craf and the RC to the latest version but I get an error in the screen "main controller data error" .
firware craf -  01.00.0300
fireware RC- 01.00.0100
can anybody help me
Thank you

2018-4-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_tNckSSWoWBtV Posted at 2018-4-18 14:12
Hello, I have the same problem, I received my mavic air yesterday, I have updated the firware of the craf and the RC to the latest version but I get an error in the screen "main controller data error" .
firware craf -  01.00.0300
fireware RC- 01.00.0100

Have you tried refreshing firmware on both the craft and controller? I suggest that you set to factory default first via Assistant 2 before doing the craft refresh.

Do a controller refresh by leaving craft powered off, powering on the controller and running DJI GO 4 on your connected smartdevice. When you see the app start screen there's three lines in the top right corner - press that down for ~10 secs and release. You should be presented with a screen with firmware versions to install, so select the current one.

See how that goes.
2018-4-18
Use props
djiuser_tNckSSWoWBtV
lvl.1
Spain

Thanks for your reply. I have done everything that indicates, reset aircraft and RC factory values and update to latest version, but the error does not disappear.
I tried to calibrate the IMU but when I give START it does not do anything.
I'm desperate.
The technical service tells me to open a repair process but I prefer to exhaust all my possibilities before.

Any other suggestions? I would be very grateful for the help
2018-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_tNckSSWoWBtV Posted at 2018-4-19 10:43
Thanks for your reply. I have done everything that indicates, reset aircraft and RC factory values and update to latest version, but the error does not disappear.
I tried to calibrate the IMU but when I give START it does not do anything.
I'm desperate.

Sorry - I should have mentioned the IMU calibration after refresh. Not always needed, but I think that's what is causing the error. Regardless, you say the process wont start? That's another issue.

What are you doing and what happens? I assume you're on a Win 10 PC?
2018-4-19
Use props
Pt1 AirMavic
New
Flight distance : 37175 ft
Portugal

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-4-19 14:57
Sorry - I should have mentioned the IMU calibration after refresh. Not always needed, but I think that's what is causing the error. Regardless, you say the process wont start? That's another issue.

What are you doing and what happens? I assume you're on a Win 10 PC?

Have the same Problem! I do not know what else to do.

Dji my request (1095082)

2018-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Pt1 AirMavic Posted at 2018-4-19 16:12
Have the same Problem! I do not know what else to do.

Dji my request (1095082)

Whoa! That really doesn’t look good! Again I’d suggest refreshing both firmware and check. But that really looks to me like a hardware fault. Is it new, or otherwise been in a crash?
2018-4-19
Use props
djiuser_tNckSSWoWBtV
lvl.1
Germany

Hello the aicraft es new, only update the firmware RC and AC .
I have tried to update it from the mobile and from the Assistant 2 application, I am using portable WITH WINDOWS 7.
2018-4-20
Use props
alfacuore
lvl.1
Germany

Another question. When I try to readjust the IMU, the STAR button does not do anything
2018-4-20
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174557 ft
Pakistan

How ur issue is Resolved? What u exactly did to address it?
I also started getting same issue, flew it yesterday and today it's giving me all sorts of errors. What can be the issue?
2018-4-21
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Pakistan

I have refreshed the AC firmware but RC option to refresh is not showing on Assistant 2 or on mobile
2018-4-21
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Pakistan

And one last thing, my DJI Go app shows version of AC 01.00.0300 and for remote.controller 01.00.100. These should be same isn't it? How to fix this? Controller doesnt show in assistant 2 or in go app to refresh/upgrade
2018-4-21
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Pakistan

okay i think we all 3 have got same issue?
did u bang ur mavic air anywhere? droped it or something?
i was keeping it in my camera bag and was very careful about handling it
flew for more than 50 flights and over 20km in almost 5+ hours of flight time since March 1st week
and today it failed on me ... i think its iMU which iis busted n i think there is no other way but to send it to DJI
and irony is im in Pakistan so which means no DJI service here ;(
2018-4-21
Use props
alfacuore
lvl.1
Spain

I have not managed to solve it in any way.
I have updated it like 10 times and nothing, the solution will be to send it to the technical service of Holland, since it is in warranty.
This one has not been flown nor a single one I have updated it and it has given me the errors it is frustrating that such an expensive device of these problems, without even having flown.
2018-4-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

alfacuore Posted at 2018-4-20 06:18
Another question. [view_image]When I try to readjust the IMU, the STAR button does not do anything

The craft is powered on but NOT plugged into your PC while doing this, right?
2018-4-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

opethian Posted at 2018-4-21 07:31
I have refreshed the AC firmware but RC option to refresh is not showing on Assistant 2 or on mobile

For controller firmware refresh, start GO4 app while smartdevice is plugged into your controller (note the craft itself should be powered off), and at the device screen there'll be three lines at top right of the screen. Hold that down for about 10 secs and release - you should be presented with firmware options to refresh to.
2018-4-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

opethian Posted at 2018-4-21 07:50
And one last thing, my DJI Go app shows version of AC 01.00.0300 and for remote.controller 01.00.100. These should be same isn't it? How to fix this? Controller doesnt show in assistant 2 or in go app to refresh/upgrade

No. The firmware levels on the two devices are different - they do not relate to each other. They are the correct levels.

But one final check, in the GO 4 app there's an option to display all firmware levels with everything turned on - it's under "About..." on the main menu. Jut make sure that the firmware levels are showing for everything.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_1gpp1BAsOwrl
New

O meu tb tá assim...e o pior, nem voei ainda.
Novinho.
2018-4-21
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-12 13:52
Thanks Thor, but I did all of that - except trying another PC (I need it to work with the one I have - I'm not buying another PC). I'm not the only one with this problem.
Checking Device Manager, the only driver which has an issue is the Vision driver, but my understanding is that that's used for two-way connection for visual sensor calibration, and not for access to online storage. I really wish DJI would get that driver properly digitally signed, btw.
The PC detects the Mavic (I hear a "dink donk" when plugging USB in), but storage does not appear in File Explorer. I'll do more testing this weekend, but my fear is that the internal hub providing connection to both the 8Gb and inserted SDCard is faulty. I only received it last Friday, so if I can't get either to work it'll go back as DOA.

Go into the PC Device Manager and under hardware comm ports. Just delete the two com ports that come up and re-plug the cable. The drive should become visible.
2018-4-21
Use props
opethian
lvl.1
Pakistan

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-4-21 23:40
Go into the PC Device Manager and under hardware comm ports. Just delete the two com ports that come up and re-plug the cable. The drive should become visible.

Best option is to use DJI Go app 4 ... it will update/refresh/downgrade ur RC firmware ... no req of DJI Assistant 2 apprun the DJI Go app4, once ur on this screen press the three lines n keep pressing it untill u get this new screen ... choose any firmware from drop down menue ... n voila its done  

2018-4-22
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

opethian Posted at 2018-4-22 05:32
Best option is to use DJI Go app 4 ... it will update/refresh/downgrade ur RC firmware ... no req of DJI Assistant 2 apprun the DJI Go app4, once ur on this screen press the three lines n keep pressing it untill u get this new screen ... choose any firmware from drop down menue ... n voila its done  
[view_image]
[view_image]

He asked about the SD card disappearing off the windows "This Pc" where it shows the drives. In order for the SD card to show up on some Windows 10 platforms you need to delete the com port settings under device manager. When it re acquires the ports the SD card shows on Winndows as a drive.
2018-4-22
Use props
fansc325585f
New

Screenshot_20180418-174410.png
2018-4-22
Use props
alfacuore
lvl.1
Spain

Hello at the end I sent the drone to the DJI technical service in Holland for warranty repair and they tell me they fix it but I have to pay € 300, the motherboard damaged. in a drone that has never flown, I do not understand that DJI does not take charge of the repair.

They tell me that the drone is bought in China and does not cover the warranty. And the worst thing is that they tell me when I have already sent it to them.

I feel cheated and cheated.
2018-4-25
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

This is why I seldom buy something electronic when I am not in my home country.  If I do, I test it thoroughly so I can return it to where I bought it if it has any issues.  You don't want to deal with DJI support on a new, just out of the box item.  Just exchange or return where you got it.  Sounds like the only way to get this fixed is to pay.  
2018-4-25
Use props
alfacuore
lvl.1
Spain

Hello,
Of the 3 that we had the same problem, someone could solve something?
I'm waiting for the seller to tell me something, since I do not think it's fair that I have to pay € 300 for a new product that has been defective from the factory and that DJI does not take over.
2018-4-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules