DJI Inspire 2 Shaking problem with notification from DJI GO "Do n...
123Next >
5161 84 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Inspire 2 Shaking problem with notification from DJI GO "Do not use High-Altitude Propellers at the low altitude"

Dear DJI Team could you please solved my problem with DJI Inspire 2 drone. I bought the drone from offitial store and dont use it a lot of times (app. 20 flights). Last time when I used it without any problems it was November. After I have a gap with drone operation between 1,5 month and one coldy days I tried to fly but at the time when I fly up "DJI Go" gives me warnings that do not use High-Altitude Propellers at the low altitude (note: I use normal prop. # 1550CW and before never had the message). When my drone reached operation position at the 2 meters high, it started to shake horrible... I did all calibration, however there were no any changing. Then I thought that problem due to low temp. (app. minus 15 C). I had to wait four days till warming-up... however I had same problem and my inspire shaked after fly up at 2 meters. Then I did all up dates and today test my inspire, I had same message do not use High-Altitude Propellers and my inspire droped from 2 meters to the ground. Fortunately, there is no any damage and I test my inspire without X5S camera... What is happen with my inspire 2, I use my flycammera for 8 months and never have the problem.

At the moment the problem not solved and I found three users with same problem and they do not no what is the reason...

I did all updates, reupdates, goes back to manufacture settings and old update, calibrate visual sensors and change propellers by a new ones, no any changes...(

Please find video with the problem, may be someone to know what I have to do to fix the problem?
2018-2-10
Use props
fans63a90b16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2150614 ft
Russia

I have some problems to with my new Inspire 2 with X5S camera . Later I will upload video.
2018-2-10
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Gents,

let's inform about the issue, they have to fix the problem...
2018-2-10
Use props
fans63a90b16
lvl.1
Russia

Here is a video
2018-2-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans63a90b16 Posted at 2018-2-10 04:09
Here is a video https://youtu.be/hC4vWVdhlbM

Looks bad.  The rhythm of the motors sounds repetitive too as if the programming of the firmware is playing a song.  Don't think they should throb as much as they do either if the IMU was programmed correctly for a smooth flight.

I often wonder about the shaking of mine as well.  I fly it less than the P4 as I do not trust the thing to not shake apart the glued joints.  The I1 seems more of a secure build than the I2, imho.

2018-2-10
Use props
fans632bd092
lvl.1
Canada

I have the exact same problem. I thought it was my quick mounts. I changed them out out on new propellers took out for a flight. At first it flew nice and it took a couple minutes and the shaking began all over again. I need a solution asap! I have work to do with this drone in a week!
2018-2-10
Use props
fans632bd092
lvl.1
Canada

I also get the warning right away about high altitude propellers. Is this a firmware issue? I didn't do a firmware update till after it started so not sure if that makes sense...
2018-2-10
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

I did not update my dorn too... However DJI Go program (Ipad mini 4) has been update before the problem has been appeared... and I would like to note that the shaking problem appeared at minus temperature (it means that update issue could be affect "early update as example")
2018-2-10
Use props
Willow Creative
lvl.1
Canada

The company I purchased it from said it sounds like an IMU issue. Just spoke with DJI and they want me to calibrate the IMU and compass before sending it in. I will try and get that done tonight. Then I was reading in the DJI forums about issues with the DJI Go4 app and certain versions of IOS. Supposedly the latest update fixes issues with it. My question is, is there any way that the app could be messing with the drone, I would like to say no, but what do I know... I will do the IOS update, see if that fixes it...doubt it and then do the IMU calibration which I doubt will fix it either.

$10k waste of money. DJI problems make me want to quit flying... If they would only allow other companies to fix their products that are still under warranty. My i2 would be fixed already...
2018-2-12
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What was the temperature? I had the exact same issue at -16 C , reflashed the firmware, set it all back to factory defaults and recalibrated the IMU(cold) and compass. Problems disappeared.
2018-2-12
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Willow Creative Posted at 2018-2-12 10:39
The company I purchased it from said it sounds like an IMU issue. Just spoke with DJI and they want me to calibrate the IMU and compass before sending it in. I will try and get that done tonight. Then I was reading in the DJI forums about issues with the DJI Go4 app and certain versions of IOS. Supposedly the latest update fixes issues with it. My question is, is there any way that the app could be messing with the drone, I would like to say no, but what do I know... I will do the IOS update, see if that fixes it...doubt it and then do the IMU calibration which I doubt will fix it either.

$10k waste of money. DJI problems make me want to quit flying... If they would only allow other companies to fix their products that are still under warranty. My i2 would be fixed already...

I did all actions: IMU, compass and visual sensors calibration (as per manual), update firmware on the last one and returned back to initial, update ISO at last one, update DJI GO 4 to the last one (I have ipad mini 4 for drone operation), used my phone Samsung S8 on android with DJI... no changing, some shaking problem... I am sure it is problem DJI firmware (but not last one, because if you will look through forum you can find that there are same problem topic dated on may 2017.
2018-2-12
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

I spend more that $8k  and can not use my drone... DJI what is going on?! Where is your rspond?
2018-2-12
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

epicjib Posted at 2018-2-12 17:28
What was the temperature? I had the exact same issue at -16 C , reflashed the firmware, set it all back to factory defaults and recalibrated the IMU(cold) and compass. Problems disappeared.

Initial I found the problem at minus 18-20, then I waited till warming-up at minus 4 (same result)...
2018-2-12
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Fly2017 Posted at 2018-2-12 19:24
Initial I found the problem at minus 18-20, then I waited till warming-up at minus 4 (same result)...

Can it be the rattling propellers?
2018-2-12
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-2-12 19:32
Can it be the rattling propellers?

Not sure because at warm condition there is no this problem (couple minutes drone flies without any problem)... than start shaking as you can see on the video upper
2018-2-12
Use props
Willow Creative
lvl.1
Canada

epicjib Posted at 2018-2-12 17:28

Not that I read your post this is familiar. I was flying it between -15 to -20, the coldest I have flown it in and the winds were ice cold and strong as well. One set of batteries was ok, put in a fresh new set and I got the violent shakes. Some issues with cold weather? I will do what you did and see if it makes a difference. I was starting to wonder if it could be my Ipad mini 4, what device do you use?
2018-2-13
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Willow Creative Posted at 2018-2-13 06:43
Not that I read your post this is familiar. I was flying it between -15 to -20, the coldest I have flown it in and the winds were ice cold and strong as well. One set of batteries was ok, put in a fresh new set and I got the violent shakes. Some issues with cold weather? I will do what you did and see if it makes a difference. I was starting to wonder if it could be my Ipad mini 4, what device do you use?
The new ipad.
2018-2-13
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Willow Creative Posted at 2018-2-13 06:43
Not that I read your post this is familiar. I was flying it between -15 to -20, the coldest I have flown it in and the winds were ice cold and strong as well. One set of batteries was ok, put in a fresh new set and I got the violent shakes. Some issues with cold weather? I will do what you did and see if it makes a difference. I was starting to wonder if it could be my Ipad mini 4, what device do you use?

I use IPad Mini 4... and dont have any problem during summer time... I suppose that could be better insulate the batteries and test again... however I do not have time for that(((
2018-2-13
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Dear Gents,

why DJI representatives do not respond here? Whey have to follow the big issue with their product?
2018-2-13
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

I have the same problem on my I2 with only 5 flights On it. DJI will do nothing about it and I have nothing more than a $10K paperweight sat in my office. I won’t fly it as I’m terrified it’ll shake its motors off.

DJI aren’t replying to this thread because they know that there is a serious flaw in the I2 and they either can’t fix it or won’t fix it. Head in the sand policy. The props do not fit correctly, rattle around and aren’t balanced.

I won’t be buying another DJI product if they won’t stand behind their products and respond with a solution. I’m completely fed up with it!
2018-2-14
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-14 01:38
I have the same problem on my I2 with only 5 flights On it. DJI will do nothing about it and I have nothing more than a $10K paperweight sat in my office. I won’t fly it as I’m terrified it’ll shake its motors off.

DJI aren’t replying to this thread because they know that there is a serious flaw in the I2 and they either can’t fix it or won’t fix it. Head in the sand policy. The props do not fit correctly, rattle around and aren’t balanced.

Absolutely agree with you. I have already experienced with poor DJI product and asked them to fix the problem and spent about 5 months on that. When I bought the DJI Inspire 2 from DJI I thought it is a good drone for profetionals arial photo and vider (with corresponde relability) and DJI pays more attention for qualitiy of the product (but as you can see they do not do that). If they do not fix the problem I will not buy any more thier goods...
2018-2-14
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

I think 4 days, it is enough to do any response for the problem.
2018-2-14
Use props
fans63a90b16
lvl.1
Russia

So, friends I hope I find solution- today I test my I2 before I reset all settings to factory, calibrate IMU, compass, sensors and first flight-no good.
SO SOLUTION IS:
I change Geins (at reset settings all 100, but you can choose from 70 to 140)
I change first PITCH to 90- much better!
Then 87-perfect!!!!
Try at yours and write-is it help.
2018-2-14
Use props
Willow Creative
lvl.1
Canada

fans63a90b16 Posted at 2018-2-14 11:59
So, friends I hope I find solution- today I test my I2 before I reset all settings to factory, calibrate IMU, compass, sensors and first flight-no good.
SO SOLUTION IS:

Very interesting. I'm not sure why changing the pitch would stop it from shaking, but definitely another thing worth trying. I have to get this thing working in the next 2 days! I bought this thing to be a work horse and now it sits around like a giant paper weight.
2018-2-14
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Oman

fans63a90b16 Posted at 2018-2-14 11:59
SO SOLUTION IS:

Thanks for the tips. I will try it out but I'm still more concerned about the poor quality of the I2 and just terrified the motors will fall off in flight due to the shaking and vibration caused by the out of balance wobbly props!
2018-2-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI should be more proactive with these loose motors before the FAA intervenes and grounds the things which may make them 100% worthless.  They've done it to other aircraft and might venture into the drone world too flying around in their NAS.  That and also minimize the vibrations in the aircraft itself as well with questionable IMU control and shaking and throbbing in flight.

Someone on the other Inspire forum from India showed where he took off the motor cover and drilled and tapped the mount to the tube and bolted it up and covered it with epoxy so it could not come off.  I don't know if carbon fiber takes to threads easily, and maybe a backup T-nut or something would be a better bet than tapping the carbon fiber to take a screw or bolt.  Maybe a blind rivet of some sort, but that might crack the C.F. too.
2018-2-15
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Thailand

Oh look guess what?

No response to this thread from DJI!!!

Head in sand....
2018-2-19
Use props
fans63a90b16
lvl.1
Russia

Somebody try to play with gains? Also I read somewhere to calibrate IMU at cold place. As I remember from phantoms in instruction was give cold down copter before calibrating IMU.
2018-2-20
Use props
fans63a90b16
lvl.1
Russia

I waiting 22/02- I have work and prognosis -17 degree . Yesterday I fly at -5, everything was good
2018-2-20
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Dear pilots:

I did all many times UMI and compass calibration (warm or cold temp.), firmware update and return to default settings, visual sensor calibrations, changing tablets from ISO (as IPad mini 4) to Android (as Samsung Gal. S8), changing props by new one, changing gain setting as recommended. No effect after all this actions, same shacking at the landing gear operation position as I showed at the video upper. Can not use the drone for two months with hope it will be fix with new firmware, however there is no any new at all...

I will ask DJI to repair the drone as per their After-Sales Service Policies and see what they will response...
2018-2-23
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Still there is no any reply from DJI representatives... Dear DJI are you here? Do you look through the post... what is the problem? 7k$ for drone which I have inside bag and can not fly due to unknown reason...
2018-2-25
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

Looking through countries in this thread I noticed that posts come mostly from Canada and Russia...
Strong frost and again broken firmware is the reason - not the propellers (we've checked it with different blades - stock and balanced carbon fiber from KopterMax, the same result).

We've also made cold IMU calibration and switched gains to 87... - the same stuff...

As for DJI officials - looks like they are waiting for summer when the problem should disappear - till the next winter (hope so>>)

2018-2-25
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Dinos6 Posted at 2018-2-25 08:02
Looking through countries in this thread I noticed that posts come mostly from Canada and Russia...
Strong frost and again broken firmware is the reason - not the propellers (we've checked it with different blades - stock and balanced carbon fiber from KopterMax, the same result).

I used android FW (which was given to me by one Russian pilot) and changed gain settings on 70% after this the drone was stable however I have changed again the gain settings to 100% and vibration come back again... I sure it is problem with flight controller (maybe it becomes cold and it starts work slowly...), because new FW for drone (maybe summer FW or other FW... Try use different tablet (ISO then Android) and wait when changing settings (because setting does not change fast), it should help...

P.S. However we (as user and buyer of high price DJI product) should know what is problem and not spending all free time for fixing the problems on new product and asking DJI help us for our money (If DJI goes not solve the problem I will never buy anymore their product).
2018-2-25
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Oman

Dinos6 Posted at 2018-2-25 08:02

No that's not correct. I live in the middle east and let me tell you that it happens in the hot weather as well. I have buddies in the UK with the same issues in cold weather too. The props are awful and is a contributing factor into the I2's problems. It isn't just a propeller issue there are several contributing factors. It isn't climate related
2018-2-25
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Oman

Fly2017 Posted at 2018-2-25 04:31
Still there is no any reply from DJI representatives... Dear DJI are you here? Do you look through the post... what is the problem? 7k$ for drone which I have inside bag and can not fly due to unknown reason...

They simply don't care or don't know how to fix the problems!! Personally I've given up...
2018-2-25
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-25 21:20
No that's not correct. I live in the middle east and let me tell you that it happens in the hot weather as well. I have buddies in the UK with the same issues in cold weather too. The props are awful and is a contributing factor into the I2's problems. It isn't just a propeller issue there are several contributing factors. It isn't climate related

Dan, in opposite to what you are saying - just have made interior shooting (+15 C). No problem at all!
Got out (-12C) to film surround area - and here we go again.... I'm confused what it could be
2018-2-26
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-25 21:21
They simply don't care or don't know how to fix the problems!! Personally I've given up...

Don't give up, ask DJI to repair your drone it is their responsibility, they as manufacture should fix the problem as per your request (if there is no any modification or crash...)
2018-2-26
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

Dinos6 Posted at 2018-2-26 02:15
Dan, in opposite to what you are saying - just have made interior shooting (+15 C). No problem at all!
Got out (-12C) to film surround area - and here we go again.... I'm confused what it could be

Dinos 6, I can't understand too what is the reason of the vibration, there absolutely new inspire with same problem. I am sure it is related with flight controller operation performance (at the cold weather some flight controllers work not so good...) Also I would like to note that I have tested my drone first time at the cold weather all was ok initially
2018-2-26
Use props
Dmitry Klab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3186319 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I have the same issue with our 3 pcs Inspire 2. Will try to lower gains.
2018-2-28
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Oman

Dinos6 Posted at 2018-2-26 02:15

Yes exactly. No matter what we try there are so many weird issues and something might fix it for one person but doesn't for another. Or worse still you think you fix it and then the next day or next week its back to problems again. I really don't know exactly what the issues are centred around - for sure the props are crap and the firmware has many bugs but the general quality of the product is unacceptable for the price.
2018-2-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules