Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi
421688 421688 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronyatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 778 ft
Vietnam

Yes, my RC is relinked.
2018-3-13
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

Today i contacted to a DJI authorized dealer in Viet Nam and they said: They could fix this. It’s take few days. They also told me DJI will release a firmware to fix this on April, 2018.

I hope my MA can fly again with RC. I will try a LeBT’s solution.
2018-3-13
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Solution confirmed.

Trần Nam has just confirmed that he can successfully re-link RC and drone (by Fake GPS method: change to FCC mode). GREAT news for Vietnamese Mavic Air users and other EC-mode-region users

See post below (sorry, vietnamese only )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... k/1169856689816630/
2018-3-13
Use props
Dronyatt
lvl.1
Vietnam

LeBT Posted at 2018-3-13 07:13
Solution confirmed.

Trần Nam has just confirmed that he can successfully re-link RC and drone (by Fake GPS method: change to FCC mode). GREAT news for Vietnamese Mavic Air users and other EC-mode-region users

Wonderful!!!

With your confirmation that it works, I'll see if I can switch between WiFi and RC without problems tomorrow.
2018-3-13
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Fantasia Posted at 2018-3-13 06:39
Today i contacted to a DJI authorized dealer in Viet Nam and they said: They could fix this. It’s take few days. They also told me DJI will release a firmware to fix this on April, 2018.

I hope my MA can fly again with RC. I will try a LeBT’s solution.

You should try the 5-step solution here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... k/1169856689816630/

THÂN GỬI ANH E CHƠI VIC AIR SAU ĐÂY E XIN CHỈNH SỬA LẠI HƯỚNG DẪN CỦA BẠN DRONYATT E ĐÃ LÀM THEO VÀ LINK OK.
Cảm ơn bác Bạch Thành Lê Gia Vũ Vinh Xuân Đỗ...và các bác khác đã tư vấn cho e. cảm ơn cả các bác chửi e để có nhiều người giúp e đến thế.

1. Làm mới phần mềm AC và RC.
2. Xóa dữ liệu ứng dụng DJI Go 4 trên điện thoại di động.
3. Sử dụng ứng dụng Fake GPS, thay đổi vị trí sang một số thành phố ở Hoa Kỳ. Kiểm tra lại trong Google Map. ( kinh nghiệm người đi trc là San Francisco nhé)

4. Kết nối điện thoại bằng WiFi với AC. Sau đó nhận được cảnh báo rằng hệ thống WLAN đã thay đổi vì tôi ở một quốc gia khác (địa điểm giả mạo Hoa Kỳ). Tắt DJI Go và kết nối lại AC bằng WiFi lúc này sẽ kết nối ở chế độ FCC. Tôi đã kiểm tra điều này trong cài đặt MA WiFi và chỉ có 11 kênh.
5. Tắt Fake GPS kết nối đt vào RC. Khởi động lại AC, bấm phím Function 4s đến khi beep 1 cái thì bấm phím nóng trên RC, khoảng 2-3 lần là ok.
Lần đầu e ko khởi động lại AC nên link ko thành công. phát 2 nó bip có chục phát là ngừng. em bật app lên mà run như khi tỏ tình. H vẫn còn run đây.
P/s: link xong là ăn luôn nhé. mình đã tắt RC và AC, tháo điện thoại rồi cắm lại Đt vào RC, bật lại RC và AC vào Dj Go vẫn kết nối bt.
2018-3-13
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

IT’S WORKING!!!

I’ve tried Fake GPS method and it’s working.

Thank you so much LeBT and Dronyatt

@DJI Thor: Finally we fixed it

2018-3-13
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

LeBT Posted at 2018-3-13 08:15
You should try the 5-step solution here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/flycamprovn/permalink/1169856689816630/

Hi everyone,

Can you please provide the translated version in english of the 5 steps in vietnamese? I'm in the Dominican Republic, and I think my problem is the same as yours.

Hope it works for me, my MA has been sitting in a shelf for more than a month.
2018-3-13
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-3-13 15:09
Hi everyone,

Can you please provide the translated version in english of the 5 steps in vietnamese? I'm in the Dominican Republic, and I think my problem is the same as yours.

The 5-step solution is same as post #119 (but edited and translated into Vietnamese). I repost below.

The main idea behind this is making AC and RC understand that they are in FCC region and they will switch to FCC mode settings. In this FCC mode, the matching (scanning) will work.

So the key step is "The WiFi connection is still in EC mode (13 channels). So we have to reset that back to FCC mode. So I connected by WiFi. I then get a warning that the WLAN system has changed because I am in a different country (faked US location). Close the DJI Go and reopen and the WiFi will connect in FCC mode. I checked this in the MA WiFi settings and there was only 11 channels."

I can rewrite as following:
- Fake GPS on your phone, change location to USA
- Then connect to drone by Wifi (as normal procedure: "2-beep" or "3-beep to reset wifi and then 2-beep"), run DJI Go 4 and press Ok to switch WLAN settings: this will make AC change mode to FCC.
- Quit DJI Go 4, then connect to RC by USB cable, run DJI Go 4 again and press Ok to switch WLAN settings: this will make RC change mode to FCC.

Once AC and RC both are in FCC mode, you can link AC and RC by normal procedure (as in DJI tutorial clip) in under 10 seconds

Good luck !

SURE that >=99% WORKS !

==========================
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=3#pid1251850

@LeBT I tried that method of going to a different location, but it didn't work for me. But I think your hypothesis about the MA being confused between FCC and EC region is correct.

In fact, I just fixed my problem using a different approach that you eluded to in Post #77 where you mentioned faking the GPS location using the app 'Fake GPS'.

So this is what I did to get back my RC link.

1. Refreshed the AC and RC firmware.
2. Deleted the DJI Go 4 app data on the mobile.
3. Using the Fake GPS app, change location to some city in the US. Double check in Google Map.

What I did next was to try to link the RC, but that did not work.

I think this is the trick. The WiFi connection is still in EC mode (13 channels). So we have to reset that back to FCC mode. So I connected by WiFi. I then get a warning that the WLAN system has changed because I am in a different country (faked US location). Close the DJI Go and reopen and the WiFi will connect in FCC mode. I checked this in the MA WiFi settings and there was only 11 channels.

After resetting the WiFi connection back to FCC, relinking the RC following the standard DJI procedure  worked first time I tried it! The connection is in FCC mode. I checked the WiFi settings in the MA and there are 11 channels.

The final step is to turn off the Fake GPS. My mobile location is now back in Vietnam. The first time I connect the RC, the WLAN warning comes up warning me I am in a different country. I closed and reopen DJI Go and connect the RC to the MA. I checked the MA WiFi settings and see it is now in EC mode with 13 channels.

Now the RC is connecting to the MA flawlessly. Just tried reconnecting 10 times without any issue.

I dare say that if I were to try to connect the mobile by WiFi again, I will lose the RC link. At the moment I don't dare do that as I don't have the time to play around with this at present.  
2018-3-13
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-6 01:59
Orlando, I am extremely regretful for my late reply, the issue has not resolved now, right? I had forwarded your case to our engineers to confirm, I will get back to you once I hear anything from them Sorry again for the difficulties.

@DJI Thor,

We knew already the root of the problem "Can not re-link RC and AC after linking AC with mobile phone via Wifi".

Thor, please report this to your supervisor, coding department ASAP to be able to be fixed in the next firmware release.

I'm also working in IT/coding domain and I believe that it's a bug in the scanning module. The bug happens when AC and RC is in EC mode. In this mode, they can not find/match each other when scanning.

The problem happens in EC-mode regions, such as  Vietnam, some countries in Central America such as Panama, Dominican Republic... May be that some electromagnetic waves in these countries have influence on the scanning (to match each other).
2018-3-13
Use props
Dronyatt
lvl.1
Vietnam

@LeBT  I just tried to connect with WiFi after regaining the RC link using Fake GPS last night. I can confirm that the bug reappears. I am again not able to relink the RC.

So I just went through the Fake GPS process to relink the RC again without any problems. At least we know this works reliably.

BTW, I relinked the RC without having to refresh the firmware or delete the DJI Go app data. So I think there is no need to do the first 2 steps indicated previously.

For clarity, here are the steps again without all the discussion on FCC and EC modes which I am aware may confuse some   

It is actually a very simple process.

1. Install Fake GPS app on mobile.
2. Select a city in the USA with Fake GPS. Double check your location is now in the USA with Google Map app.
3. Connect your mobile to the Mavic Air using the standard DJI WiFi connection process. You will get a popup warning that the WiFi needs to be reset because it has detected you are in a different country. Close and reopen DJI Go app to facilitate the reset.
4. Shut down the RC and MA.
5. Now go through the standard DJI procedure to relink the RC. The RC should link now.
6. Now turn off Fake GPS so your location is back to your actual location. The RC should now reconnect without any problems on every use.

Hope this is clear. And lets hope DJI get a firmware fix in soon.
2018-3-13
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Dronyatt Posted at 2018-3-13 18:33
@LeBT  I just tried to connect with WiFi after regaining the RC link using Fake GPS last night. I can confirm that the bug reappears. I am again not able to relink the RC.

So I just went through the Fake GPS process to relink the RC again without any problems. At least we know this works reliably.

@Dronyatt, thanks a lot for your help. I just tried, but my MA is not connecting via WiFi, I even tried scanning for networks with many devices and it does not find a network. I will try resetting everything now to see if it works that way.

The fake GPS function is working, but the app is not asking to change WiFi settings. When I go to WiFi, I see the option to select one of 11 channels in the list, so it might be in FCC mode. Wondering if I should change the GPS in another place to force it to change.
2018-3-13
Use props
Dronyatt
lvl.1
Vietnam

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-3-13 19:34
@Dronyatt, thanks a lot for your help. I just tried, but my MA is not connecting via WiFi, I even tried scanning for networks with many devices and it does not find a network. I will try resetting everything now to see if it works that way.

The fake GPS function is working, but the app is not asking to change WiFi settings. When I go to WiFi, I see the option to select one of 11 channels in the list, so it might be in FCC mode. Wondering if I should change the GPS in another place to force it to change.

I am a little confused by your 2 paragraphs which seem contradictory.

In the first paragraph, you are saying that you cannot find the Mavic Air's Wifi connection when you scan for WiFi networks in your mobile. So you cannot connect.

But in the second paragraph, you are saying you can go into the Mavic's WiFi settings and you see that there are 11 channels. In this case, you must be connected somehow, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the Mavic Air's WiFi settings.

So I am confused as to whether you are or are not connected. Can you clarify?   
2018-3-13
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Dronyatt Posted at 2018-3-13 19:52
I am a little confused by your 2 paragraphs which seem contradictory.

In the first paragraph, you are saying that you cannot find the Mavic Air's Wifi connection when you scan for WiFi networks in your mobile. So you cannot connect.

Sorry for the confusion. I can't connect to WiFi, when I press the button until I get the 2 beeps, I scan the code and it does not connect. Even trying manually, I don't see any network.

After trying a few times with the standard method, I tried the camera view method. When you go to settings in the app, below the RC icon, there is a WiFi icon, and it shows the available channels at the bottom. There, I only see 11 channels, which makes me think that it is in FCC mode.

I'm currently refreshing the firmware to see if it behaves differently. Thanks a lot for the help.
2018-3-13
Use props
Dronyatt
lvl.1
Vietnam

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-3-13 20:00
Sorry for the confusion. I can't connect to WiFi, when I press the button until I get the 2 beeps, I scan the code and it does not connect. Even trying manually, I don't see any network.

After trying a few times with the standard method, I tried the camera view method. When you go to settings in the app, below the RC icon, there is a WiFi icon, and it shows the available channels at the bottom. There, I only see 11 channels, which makes me think that it is in FCC mode.

OK, in reference to your first paragraph, you do not mention a 6 second button press to get 3 beeps. So do that first before pressing the buttoin again for 3 seconds to get 2 beeps. This is standard DJI procedure when you are switching between RC and WiFi mode and vice-versa, or resetting the connection modes if something goes wrong.
This is what I usually do to be certain of what is happening.

1. Turn on the MA.
2. On your mobile device, open your WiFi scanning settings and leave it open. I assume at this stage, you do not see the Mavic Air connection on the list of WiFi networks.
3. Now press the Mavic Air function button for 6 seconds to get the 3 beeps. This resets the system. You may have to wait around 10 seconds for reset to complete before going to next step.
4. Now press the function button again for 3 seconds to get the 2 beeps. This puts the mavic Air in WiFi connection mode. Now look at your mobile Wifi list of networks for the Mavic Air network connection. It should appear as the mobile continuously scans for new networks. If not, try to turn of the mobile WiFi and turn it back on to rescan.

Let us know what you see.

2018-3-13
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Dronyatt Posted at 2018-3-13 20:20
OK, in reference to your first paragraph, you do not mention a 6 second button press to get 3 beeps. So do that first before pressing the buttoin again for 3 seconds to get 2 beeps. This is standard DJI procedure when you are switching between RC and WiFi mode and vice-versa, or resetting the connection modes if something goes wrong.
This is what I usually do to be certain of what is happening.

I tried that method a couple times, but it seems my problem is different. When I created this post, I had tried the WiFi option, but after that, it never went back to connect to WiFi, or to the RC. I will try tomorrow in my office (it is very late in my country) and if I don't get it to work, I will try to get a replacement with support tomorrow. I got a case number last month, but I just checked and it expires after 30 days. I didn't want to send it in due to the costs associated, but I feel like I don't have any other option.

I still feel that this should be easily fixable with an update, but I have already been waiting for 6 weeks.

Again, thanks a lot for your help and your time. I will update this post as soon as I have some kind of solution.
2018-3-13
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

@OrlandoP: I got a problem same you when try to connect via Wifi mode. Just press button on AC for 6 secs to get 3 beeps, this will reset connection setting. Then hold button again for 3 secs to get 2 beeps, go to Wifi list on your mobilephone you will see Mavic Air xxxx (the password labeled on the case of MA), connect to and done.

Sometime you get a connection problem the first thing you need to do to reset connection settings on AC by press and hold for 6 secs to get 3 beeps.

The scan QR method not working to me. I have to connect manually

2018-3-13
Use props
Dronyatt
lvl.1
Vietnam

OrlandoP Posted at 2018-3-13 20:58
I tried that method a couple times, but it seems my problem is different. When I created this post, I had tried the WiFi option, but after that, it never went back to connect to WiFi, or to the RC. I will try tomorrow in my office (it is very late in my country) and if I don't get it to work, I will try to get a replacement with support tomorrow. I got a case number last month, but I just checked and it expires after 30 days. I didn't want to send it in due to the costs associated, but I feel like I don't have any other option.

I still feel that this should be easily fixable with an update, but I have already been waiting for 6 weeks.

Yes, I think you may have a separate problem with the WiFi mode on the Mavic Air which may or may not be connected with the problem (your original problem) we have been trying to solve in this thread. The Fake GPS workaround assumes that there is no problem with your Mavic Air WiFi connection.

I note there are lots of other posts on the forums specifically about not being able to connect in WiFi mode, ie the Mavic Air network SSID does not get broadcast. Those posts seem unrelated to the issue of relinking the RC after using WiFi mode.

Good luck with getting a fix or replacement.  
2018-3-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is good to see that Users have found a way round this But Shame on DJI for not getting it sorted themselves

Dennis
2018-3-13
Use props
Kenny Nguyen
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hello all,

I searched on the App Store for iOS and there a bunch of Fake GPS but all they seems to do is fake a location and post picture to check-in online! Do you guys know an app that would work for iOS? Thank you very much.
2018-3-13
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Kenny Nguyen Posted at 2018-3-13 23:39
Hello all,

I searched on the App Store for iOS and there a bunch of Fake GPS but all they seems to do is fake a location and post picture to check-in online! Do you guys know an app that would work for iOS? Thank you very much.

Change to FCC mode on IOS is a bit of difficulty, see here

The better way is using Android phone to change (only once time) to FCC mode. From then, you can use with your iPhone. See here
2018-3-14
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.2
Vietnam

Just wanted to let you know, the FAKE GPS tricks only for who have Android, iOS can’t use this method.
2018-3-14
Use props
Kenny Nguyen
lvl.1
Vietnam

LeBT Posted at 2018-3-14 01:18
Change to FCC mode on IOS is a bit of difficulty, see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmGGq5zXcP8

The better way is using Android phone to change (only once time) to FCC mode. From then, you can use with your iPhone. See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Np1tXSjLU

Thanks, LeBT. I've borrowed a friend's Android phone and able to get the remote to link now.

I'm in Saigon, do you know if there is a forum, Skype group, or similar where we can discuss places to fly in Vietnam?

Thanks,
Kenny.
2018-3-15
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Kenny Nguyen Posted at 2018-3-15 06:18
Thanks, LeBT. I've borrowed a friend's Android phone and able to get the remote to link now.

I'm in Saigon, do you know if there is a forum, Skype group, or similar where we can discuss places to fly in Vietnam?

I'm glad that you can link your AC and RC again

You may join this Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/flycamprovn/?fref=nf
2018-3-15
Use props
T-Win
lvl.1
Vietnam

a word from DJI would be appreciated.
2018-3-15
Use props
T-Win
lvl.1
Vietnam

Dronyatt Posted at 2018-3-13 18:33

Confirmed this is working.
2018-3-15
Use props
Kenny Nguyen
lvl.1
Vietnam

LeBT Posted at 2018-3-15 07:06
I'm glad that you can link your AC and RC again

You may join this Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/flycamprovn/?fref=nf

Thanks again. By the way, now when I open the DJI Go 4 app, it asked me to change back to EC mode. Should I change to EC mode or should I leave it in FCC mode? My understanding is that FCC mode allows you to have a longer range, but I'm not sure if there are other issues.

Kenny.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

LeBT Posted at 2018-3-13 17:35
@DJI Thor,

We knew already the root of the problem "Can not re-link RC and AC after linking AC with mobile phone via Wifi".

Just to verify, is the WiFi in 5.8GHz before the disconnection? If so, please wait for the firmware update. Appreciate your feedback.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dronyatt Posted at 2018-3-12 21:15
OK, here is my system log ...

Log File

Thank you so much for the info. The black box log is on the RC, you need to connect the RC to DJI Assistant 2 to access it.
2018-3-16
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

Kenny Nguyen Posted at 2018-3-16 03:15
Thanks again. By the way, now when I open the DJI Go 4 app, it asked me to change back to EC mode. Should I change to EC mode or should I leave it in FCC mode? My understanding is that FCC mode allows you to have a longer range, but I'm not sure if there are other issues.

Kenny.

When you fake location to USA, you change the mode to FCC. After uninstalling Fake GPS apps, every time you run DJI Go 4, it will ask you to change back to EC Mode. If you press Cancel it will stay in FCC mode.

FCC power is stronger, so the range is longer. See below:

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#specs

Operating Frequency        2.400 - 2.4835 GHz
5.725 - 5.850 GHz
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)        2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC: 4000 m
CE: 2000 m
SRRC: 2000 m
MIC: 2000 m

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: 4000 m
CE: 500 m
SRRC: 2500 m
Operating Temperature Range        0℃ - 40℃
Transmission Power (EIRP)        2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC:≤26 dBm
CE: ≤18 dBm
SRRC: ≤18 dBm
MIC:≤18 dBm

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: ≤30 dBm
CE: ≤14 dBm
SRRC: ≤26 dBm
2018-3-16
Use props
LeBT
lvl.2
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-16 03:27
Just to verify, is the WiFi in 5.8GHz before the disconnection? If so, please wait for the firmware update. Appreciate your feedback.

Do not know and can not remember.

We have many case, same scenario: unpack the box: RC connects well with AC. Then link AC with mobile phone (Android or iPhone) via WIFI (without RC), and after that, never be able to link RC with AC again. This happens in Vietnam and in some other countries (Panama, Dominican Republic...).

I guest that these countries are in CE mode and there are some influences on radio frequencies and the firmware's bugs make the linking of RC and AC impossible.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LeBT Posted at 2018-3-16 06:12
Do not know and can not remember.

We have many case, same scenario: unpack the box: RC connects well with AC. Then link AC with mobile phone (Android or iPhone) via WIFI (without RC), and after that, never be able to link RC with AC again. This happens in Vietnam and in some other countries (Panama, Dominican Republic...).

Please kindly wait for the new update to the firmware and try again. The new firmware could be available soon. Appreciate your patience.
2018-3-20
Use props
T-Win
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-20 20:07
Please kindly wait for the new update to the firmware and try again. The new firmware could be available soon. Appreciate your patience.

It would be great if you could share any update or detail from your team. The issue could be easily replicated by cloaking GPS to make the drone thinks that it's in Vietnam (or other affected countries as reported).

I hope this incident helps you see that there need to be improvement in term of customer service for certain countries.
2018-3-20
Use props
coqui52
New
Flight distance : 7933 ft
Puerto Rico

This solved my problem after two days of searching on the web.

- I downgraded my Mavic Air (which would not connect to the remote neither would it broadcast a wifi signal)
- I put my iPhone in "AirPlane Mode"
- When into the iPhone settings to connect via wifi - and finally the Mavic Air appeared as an option and I was able to enter camera view and actually see the camera's footage.
- I tried then removing my phone from "airplane mode" and the connecting to the Mavic Air was lost.
- Then since I had successfully connected it once, I tried once again with the remote control, and it worked.
- DO NOT UPGRADE when prompted.

How this helps out a few of you out there!  I am sure this is a firmware issue however none of the updates have worked.
2018-3-24
Use props
standardhumans
New
Flight distance : 1503 ft
Panama

coqui52 Posted at 2018-3-24 07:30
This solved my problem after two days of searching on the web.

- I downgraded my Mavic Air (which would not connect to the remote neither would it broadcast a wifi signal)

I have the same problems:

MA worked perfectly in the States. Now I am in Panama where it worked fine for several flights in different locations, until today.
Now: unable to link RC + MA
No MA SSID discoverable by any nearby wifi devices (Macbook, iPhone), regardless of how many beeps I hold the tail button for.
Have upgraded and downgraded and upgraded again, both MA and RC.

Currently attempting the XCode GPS spoof workaround, but have to wait 6+ hours for XCode to update over a slow connection

coqui52,

1. Can you let us know what version you downgraded to?
2. When you put your phone into airplane mode, did the wifi stay on? If not, how did you get to see the camera footage?

Many thanks,
Brian
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

T-Win Posted at 2018-3-20 22:18
It would be great if you could share any update or detail from your team. The issue could be easily replicated by cloaking GPS to make the drone thinks that it's in Vietnam (or other affected countries as reported).

I hope this incident helps you see that there need to be improvement in term of customer service for certain countries.

Sorry for the late reply. Since the firmware has been released since 21 March, have you updated the firmware? Please help to confirm if it fixes your situation.
2018-4-2
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-2 04:23
Sorry for the late reply. Since the firmware has been released since 21 March, have you updated the firmware? Please help to confirm if it fixes your situation.

Hi,
I have similar problem. Yesterday it worked fine, but since today it is not possible to link RC to Mavic Air. What I already tried:
- switching on and off everything, replacing battery
- when I try to complete the "normal" way of linking on the DJI Go app, at the end when I have to push the blinking button at the back of the drone it won't do anything, no beep sound and timed out in the app
- when I try to link the smartphone to the drone by photographing the RC code it just won't link. Typing the wifi ssid won't work too. (I tried it very close and not so close too)
- I tried the FCC trick with fake GPS but did not help
- USB debugging mode does not help too
- I tried to upgrade or downgrade the fw with DJI Assistant 2, but it fails always.
- Factory reset in Assistant 2 failed few times and for the third or fourth try it was successful, but nothing really cahnged, linking still does not work.

Strange, that DJI Assistant 2 states that the current fw verison is V00.00.0000

Please help fixing it, I have only few days to cancel my purchase and return it to the seller.

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-8 08:27
Hi,
I have similar problem. Yesterday it worked fine, but since today it is not possible to link RC to Mavic Air. What I already tried:
- switching on and off everything, replacing battery

May I know the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Please first try to remove the DJI Assistant 2 and reinstall the latest v1.2.3 from this website and update again. If the update still failed, please upload the update log and PM me your DJI account. I will help to check.
If you are able to update the firmware to the latest version, please then check if the connection between the RC and AC is normal; try to link the drone, RC and mobile device together. If the mobile device does not recognize the RC but the AC and RC's connection is normal, please help me the mobile device you are using, change another mobile device with strong configuration.
If all steps above doesn't help, provide me a video of your current status so I can have more details about your situation.
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-8 23:31
May I know the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Please first try to remove the DJI Assistant 2 and reinstall the latest v1.2.3 from this website and update again. If the update still failed, please upload the update log and PM me your DJI account. I will help to check.
If you are able to update the firmware to the latest version, please then check if the connection between the RC and AC is normal; try to link the drone, RC and mobile device together. If the mobile device does not recognize the RC but the AC and RC's connection is normal, please help me the mobile device you are using, change another mobile device with strong configuration.
If all steps above doesn't help, provide me a video of your current status so I can have more details about your situation.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E&t=7s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=7

Thank you for the fast reply!
It seems that there is a communication error between the Mavic Air and my computer (DELL XPS15 with i7).
I was using DJI Assistant V1.2.3, but now I deleted it and re-instelled from the link you provided.
Today it look different, when I connected the drone and clicked on the "Mavic Air" button then a window popped up that said: "firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device. Update your firmware?"

If I click "confirm" the window disappears and I see the basic screen with the available two firmware versions for few seconds and after few seconds the same window stating the firmware incompatibility pops up again. I tried it few times, but always the same. But I saw at the background that now DJI Assistant 2 states that the current fw version is V00.20.0036.
After few such circles the DJI Assistant 2 crashed. After starting it again this window did not pop up any more and I had the same experience as yesterday: current fw is V00.00.0000 and fw update fails always.

Now a USB malfunction message popped up few times in Windows ("USB device not recognized"). If I click on it, it scans the USB drive (the drone) and states that there is a problem with the drive that must be fixed. If I click to fix it it states that Windows was unable to repair the drive...

The USB error message pops up in every few seconds when the drone is connected to the computer.
(It is strange to me but might be OK that the internal fan of the drone is running high, and the whole drone is quite warm despite neither the motors nor the camera is working.)
Oh, and I can't access the log at Assistant 2:
2018-4-9
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-9 08:28
Thank you for the fast reply!
It seems that there is a communication error between the Mavic Air and my computer (DELL XPS15 with i7).
I was using DJI Assistant V1.2.3, but now I deleted it and re-instelled from the link you provided.

Sorry,
The USB error message pops up in every few MINUTES when the drone is connected to the computer.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-9 08:31
Sorry,
The USB error message pops up in every few MINUTES when the drone is connected to the computer.

Thank you for your info. The biggest issue that we need to solve now is to if the firmware of the drone can be updated. Since it seems to be the connection issue, have you tried another USB cable or is there another PC that you can try with?
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules