Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi
421688 421688 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-10 23:47
Thank you for your info. The biggest issue that we need to solve now is to if the firmware of the drone can be updated. Since it seems to be the connection issue, have you tried another USB cable or is there another PC that you can try with?

I bought two new USB cables, one very short and one USB-C - USB-C. None of them helped, same issue as with the original USB cable.
I have a friend who has Win7 on the computer, I ainstalled DJI Assitant 2 to that computer, but on that computer DJI Assistant did not even recognized that a drone is connected. (Windows gav)
2018-4-11
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-10 23:47
Thank you for your info. The biggest issue that we need to solve now is to if the firmware of the drone can be updated. Since it seems to be the connection issue, have you tried another USB cable or is there another PC that you can try with?

I bought two new USB cables, one very short and one USB-C - USB-C. None of them helped, same issue as with the original USB cable.
I have a friend who has Win7 on the computer, I installed DJI Assitant 2 to that computer, but on that computer DJI Assistant did not even recognized that a drone is connected. (Windows gave error messages that USB device not recognized).
Strange, that the drone restarts itself sometimes spontaneusly...

2018-4-11
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-11 05:23
I bought two new USB cables, one very short and one USB-C - USB-C. None of them helped, same issue as with the original USB cable.
I have a friend who has Win7 on the computer, I installed DJI Assitant 2 to that computer, but on that computer DJI Assistant did not even recognized that a drone is connected. (Windows gave error messages that USB device not recognized).
Strange, that the drone restarts itself sometimes spontaneusly...

This was the detail of the USB error message in Win7:
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-11 05:29
This was the detail of the USB error message in Win7:
[view_image]

Had updated your case via PM. Since sometimes the PM might not work properly, please keep us updated on the post. Thank you.
2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-12 01:19
Had updated your case via PM. Since sometimes the PM might not work properly, please keep us updated on the post. Thank you.

I have just updated via PM.
Yes, I can feel the click when I press the function button on the back of the drone.
I downloaded and installed the Assistant V1.2.2, it recognized the RC and afterwards the drone. The fw incompatibility window popped up, I clicked confirm and it really updated the fw to V00.20.0036. But that's all, nothing really changed. I can't link RC, I can't update fw, can't export log. The drone is restarting itself randomly. At the beginning no USB device error messages in Windows, but after about 1 hour they came again.
2018-4-12
Use props
LastBoyScout
New
United Kingdom

I took a quick spin through this post and didn't see any mention of this potential solution so I figured I'd post it here for you all and anyone else winding up here.
Try disable your mobile data
At least that is what worked for me.  Thanks should go to milindian for posting the suggestion if it works for you.

After successfully connecting via WiFi I was able to switch on my mobile phone's data again without disruption however you might want to bear in mind that there is the chance that if you loose connection that it won't be able to re-establish with the Mobile Data enabled.  Either way it's a problem that needs DJI to fix.

Additionally it is worth noting that I am able to scan the QR Code successfully AND connect to the Air's Wifi however the Go4 app fails to recognise the successful connection so I can't click "Done" and waiting for the auto-completion I get after disabling my mobile data doesn't happen.  This is the case when manually configuring and connecting via WiFi.
So this another thing that DJI needs to look into and fix  

I'm using a Motorola G5 Plus running android 7.0
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-12 07:04
I have just updated via PM.
Yes, I can feel the click when I press the function button on the back of the drone.
I downloaded and installed the Assistant V1.2.2, it recognized the RC and afterwards the drone. The fw incompatibility window popped up, I clicked confirm and it really updated the fw to V00.20.0036. But that's all, nothing really changed. I can't link RC, I can't update fw, can't export log. The drone is restarting itself randomly. At the beginning no USB device error messages in Windows, but after about 1 hour they came again.

This must've been a tough experience, I can feel the difficulties. How about don't clicking the firmware inconsistency toggle just update to the latest firmware? Does it work? I am still waiting for the engineers' reply.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI Strikes again!
2018-4-13
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-13 04:09
This must've been a tough experience, I can feel the difficulties. How about don't clicking the firmware inconsistency toggle just update to the latest firmware? Does it work? I am still waiting for the engineers' reply.

The firmware inconsistency toggle is not popping up any more. But I still cannot update to the latest firmware.
2018-4-13
Use props
fans3bc67e5c
lvl.1
Italy

Hi all. I bought my Mavic AIR  3 days ago, and got a lot of issues.
After connecting via WIFI, I cannot use the RC+Mobile phone cable connection anymore!
The situation is this: WIFI connection works, although unusable because of the 20-30mt limited range. The RC connection works, I can pair the device and unpair it flawlessy.
But when I try to connect the Iphone 6 the RC simply doesn't seem to recognize it. The battery charges, I tried also with an original Apple cable connected to the front USB port.
I made the firmware upgrade to the Mavic, I cannot upgrade the RC (USB issues, driver not found etc.). Tried on a different win PC, other USB errors..
Of course I tried all the 'official' ways to solve the problem. I have already spent hours reading the forum and looking all the youtube videos, trying to solve the issues.. Sorry but as an end-user this is very frustrating.. I simply want to have a working drone, that makes what it's written in the specs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let me say I am very very disappointed. I have spent REAL money for it!

Please provide me an OFFICIAL solution, or I will bring the drone back to where I bought it.

Thank you very much,
regards
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-13 04:14
The firmware inconsistency toggle is not popping up any more. But I still cannot update to the latest firmware.

Sorry for the late reply. The initial firmware might be the biggest reason that you are not able to connect the drone and RC. When upgrading to the latest firmware, what did it say? Is there an error code?
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans3bc67e5c Posted at 2018-4-16 10:15
Hi all. I bought my Mavic AIR  3 days ago, and got a lot of issues.
After connecting via WIFI, I cannot use the RC+Mobile phone cable connection anymore!
The situation is this: WIFI connection works, although unusable because of the 20-30mt limited range. The RC connection works, I can pair the device and unpair it flawlessy.

Marco, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, do you mean that the RC just keep charging your iPhone 6 but will not recognize it, right? If yes, may I know if you had tried updating/refreshing your mobile device OS, restarting the RC and the phone or trying another mobile device?
Regarding the connection issue of the RC and PC, I will PM you a link to access the beta driver for DJI Assistant 2 to try.
Please connect the RC to the PC and keep the RC powering on when installing the driver. After the update finishes, please restart the RC and see if it works.
2018-4-16
Use props
>Marco
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-16 22:41
Marco, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, do you mean that the RC just keep charging your iPhone 6 but will not recognize it, right? If yes, may I know if you had tried updating/refreshing your mobile device OS, restarting the RC and the phone or trying another mobile device?
Regarding the connection issue of the RC and PC, I will PM you a link to access the beta driver for DJI Assistant 2 to try.
Please connect the RC to the PC and keep the RC powering on when installing the driver. After the update finishes, please restart the RC and see if it works.

Thanks for your reply!
my answers:
yes RC keeps charging but doesn't recognize it, IOS updated to 11.3 (latest), restarted everything several times, haven't yet tried with another mobile (will do as soon as I find one..)

connection RC and PC: haven't yet received your pm, looking forward to try the new driver. But once I connect the RC, is there a software upgrade with a patch?

Thanky you,
best regards

2018-4-17
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-16 22:11
Sorry for the late reply. The initial firmware might be the biggest reason that you are not able to connect the drone and RC. When upgrading to the latest firmware, what did it say? Is there an error code?

Hi,
when I connect the drone I see this:

After clicking to "Upgrade" it starts to dowload the firmware, and when download reaches 100% I receive this message:

2018-4-17
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-17 02:30
Hi,
when I connect the drone I see this:
[view_image]

If I click "upload error log" I see this:

and this:

Thats it.
2018-4-17
Use props
>Marco
lvl.1
Italy

>Marco Posted at 2018-4-17 01:13
Thanks for your reply!
my answers:
yes RC keeps charging but doesn't recognize it, IOS updated to 11.3 (latest), restarted everything several times, haven't yet tried with another mobile (will do as soon as I find one..)

UPGRADE:
got your PM (sorry it was already there..), and followed your instructions..
upgraded the RC firmware to v.100, rebooted everything and IT WORKS!

note1: it works only if I enter DJI GO4, enter device, and choose 'connect to the Aircraft WIFI' then 'wired connection'. If I try to 'enter the camera view', then 'remore controller settings', 'linking RC', it doesn't work (timeout).

note2: the cable connected to the side RC-port doesnt'work. I used the USB below the RC, and an Apple cable.  

Thank you for your support, will keep you updated after a test flight!
2018-4-17
Use props
>Marco
lvl.1
Italy

>Marco Posted at 2018-4-17 02:56
UPGRADE:
got your PM (sorry it was already there..), and followed your instructions..
upgraded the RC firmware to v.100, rebooted everything and IT WORKS!

UPDATE: I confirm that it's working, after a 3-battery flight.

Thanks again for the support!
cheers!
2018-4-17
Use props
djiuser_BwUXnRFjr4H3
New
Flight distance : 5518 ft
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 01:03
Hi there, please refer to the tutorial below and link the RC and AC again. If it doesn't help, would you mind providing me with the operating video, the firmware info of the drone and RC? You can check the version info via DJI Assistant 2. I would like to check. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=6

I have a new mavic with the "Unable to connect in any way"
any update or info?
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-17 02:31
[view_image]

Noted this, it must've been a very tough experience. I had forwarded your case to the engineers, will inform them to speed up and check your case. Will get back to you once I hear anything from them.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

>Marco Posted at 2018-4-17 07:10
UPDATE: I confirm that it's working, after a 3-battery flight.

Thanks again for the support!

Thank you very much for your update and good to know that it worked for you. Hope you have a nice time on flying.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_BwUXnRFjr4H3 Posted at 2018-4-18 03:49
I have a new mavic with the "Unable to connect in any way"
any update or info?

Please help to confirm the main issue: mobile device can't connect to drone or drone and RC disconnected.
Please check the following steps:
1. Please check could you control the gimbal by the RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC.
2. If you can control it, could you please tell us what mobile device are you using? Please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device. Try another mobile device if possible.
3. Try to reinstall the app, don't forget to backup important files and flight records first.
4. Upgrade the firmware if it is needed.
If it doesn't help, please provide us with a video of the current status for further help. Thank you.
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-17 02:31
[view_image]

Hi there, our engineers suggested sending the drone in for diagnose. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-18
Use props
djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-18 18:36
Hi there, our engineers suggested sending the drone in for diagnose. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Hi, yesterday I already sent it back to the dealer. It seems that I will get my money back!
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_S6nxcs8XJ6nz Posted at 2018-4-19 13:17
Hi, yesterday I already sent it back to the dealer. It seems that I will get my money back!

Hope things are going smoothly. If any help needed, please feel free to let me know.
2018-4-19
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25302 ft
Panama

I have exactly the same problem with my MAVIC AIR. EXACTLY THE SAME.
My phone recognize the RC, but I was able to link the aircraft once.. then never ever. and it is a brand new unit!!!!
It totally ruined my vacation.
Too much stress for just something that should be just plug and play.
2018-4-21
Use props
Transportnik
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hello Sirs,
So, I have tell you my story, I have bought brand new mavic air in Russia and after that have been traveling to Dominicana Republic. I have used my mavic may by 4-5 times. Last time it was 2 day ago. One notice: that  I bought mavic firstly for traveling and for making photo and video of my family (my wife and small son ) it's our first together vacation. And 2 day ago I'm unfortuntly have tried connecting with my Iphone 8 throght wifi- and of course it was making disconnect between RC and MA and my Iphone8. Okey after that I have trying each of the ways of solving which were described and it don't work for me.
Main problem I think that in fake gps mode in the djigo4 I not see custom wifi mode with ability to change 2.4Ghz to 5.8Ghz
Does sombody have any solutions?

And Interesting how DJI is planning compensate to me broken vacation without photo and video. And ofcourse to each of unhappy users of mavic air??
May be we get together and will go to law court??
2018-4-23
Use props
Transportnik
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

djiuser_Frustrated Posted at 2018-4-21 05:49
I have exactly the same problem with my MAVIC AIR. EXACTLY THE SAME.
My phone recognize the RC, but I was able to link the aircraft once.. then never ever. and it is a brand new unit!!!!
It totally ruined my vacation.

Hello Sirs,
So, I have tell you my story, I have bought brand new mavic air in Russia and after that have been traveling to Dominicana Republic. I have used my mavic may by 4-5 times. Last time it was 2 day ago. One notice: that  I bought mavic firstly for traveling and for making photo and video of my family (my wife and small son ) it's our first together vacation. And 2 day ago I'm unfortuntly have tried connecting with my Iphone 8 throght wifi- and of course it was making disconnect between RC and MA and my Iphone8. Okey after that I have trying each of the ways of solving which were described and it don't work for me.
Main problem I think that in fake gps mode in the djigo4 I not see custom wifi mode with ability to change 2.4Ghz to 5.8Ghz
Does sombody have any solutions?

And Interesting how DJI is planning compensate to me broken vacation without photo and video. And ofcourse to each of unhappy users of mavic air??
May be we get together and will go to law court??
2018-4-23
Use props
eherrmann
lvl.1
United States

I was having the same issue and tired everything in this thread but nothing worked — with the addition that holding the function button down on the back of the drone would not do anything.

I took out the sd card and tried to link the remote again and it connected immediately. Strange, but it solved my problem.
2018-5-3
Use props
Transportnik
lvl.1
Russia

If it interesting for somebody, I have found direct solving of this issue. For solving send me private message
2018-5-4
Use props
Kingcor
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I am having the same problem and I am on a trip to Dominican Republic but from the US. It worked fine for the first day but second day it kept popping up to update mavic firmware to version v01.00.0400. After I did that, I have not been able to get the Mavic to even broadcast the SSID. I have tried each method for linking the remote and the cell phone separately. I have reset the password on wifi and no luck. I have also downloaded dj assistant 2 on my MacBook pro 2016 and I am able to connect the mavic and refresh firmware but I am unable to access any of the log data. It just keeps spinning in a circle when I go to that screen. I have refreshed the firmware twice now and no luck. I can't see the magic broadcast SSID from multiple devices, I am certain that this is the root of the problem. Any ideas?
2018-5-10
Use props
fans8d9d9657
New

Israel

Hi all, i think i have a possible fix for anyone who can't link his RC after trying WiFi.

2 Days ago i bought the Mavic Air and the first flight went very good with no hiccups, later that day i tried to connect to the Mavic using WiFi, it connected for about 5 seconds (and gave the WiFi update notification), since then, the drone did not produce any WiFi signal to connect to, nor could i connect it to the remote using the regular cable method.

I literally went through any possible fix for this:

Tried Upgrading/Downgrading MA firmware
Tried Upgrading/Downgrading RC firmware
Tried Removing the SD-Card
Tried Different location
Tried using Android (iOS user here) and fake GPS
Tried different version of DJI Assistant
Tried different cables
Tried Reinstalling the APP on the iPhone
Tried different batteries
I tried so MANY different approaches that i could think of to re-link with the RC and i couldn't figure it out.

Eventually i stumbled upon a post around here that i can't find right now but what fixed it for me is these steps:

1. Update MA to latest firmware and factory reset using DJI Assistant.
2. Update RC to the latest firmware.
3. Turn both of them off.
4. TURN OFF CELLULAR DATA and leave WiFi on.
5. Launch DJI Go app and turn your Mavic on.
6. Choose link using WiFi method (no RC) and follow the on screen instructions.
7. When you get to the point where you need to press the button on the Mavic -> CLICK THE BUTTON FOR 10 SECONDS (keep pressed even after you hear 3 beeps).
8. After the 10 seconds press, click the button again for 2 beeps, then try to connect to it by scanning the sticker.
9. You should get a successful message coming up, if not, redo steps 5-8 (it took me 2 tries)
10. Once MA and your phone are connected, close the app and turn the MA off.
11. Turn RC on, launch DJI Go, turn MA on, and try to connect to the remote with regular cable method, this time it should work perfectly and consistently.

This is definitely a WiFi update glitch of some sort but this is the only way that worked for me.

Hope that it will work for you to!
Good Luck!

2018-5-23
Use props
fans6e44dc92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161831 ft
Turkey

I’m having the exact same issue... ı cant connect my drone anythıng. remote control and phone wıfı connectıon does not working
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6e44dc92 Posted at 2018-6-24 03:33
I’m having the exact same issue... ı cant connect my drone anythıng. remote control and phone wıfı connectıon does not working

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, just to clarify, your aircraft would not connect to your RC and your phone as well right? may I know what phone are you using? I would suggest doing a manual re-linking first without using a phone and after that try to re-plugged your phone again to the RC. Please see the video below for manual re-linking.

2018-6-24
Use props
fans6e44dc92
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-24 14:35
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, just to clarify, your aircraft would not connect to your RC and your phone as well right? may I know what phone are you using? I would suggest doing a manual re-linking first without using a phone and after that try to re-plugged your phone again to the RC. Please see the video below for manual re-linking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

My phone Samsung Note8 and i tried with iphone x also but no wifi connection. Also i tried without phone manuel re linking but not working. if you read forum all other messages most of the mavic air users have connection problem there is a update problem.
2018-6-26
Use props
fans6e44dc92
lvl.2
Turkey

No Rc Connection  & No Wifi Connection with Mavic Air Drones Please Fix it.
2018-6-26
Use props
fans6e44dc92
lvl.2
Turkey

All Mavic Air users all over the world are experiencing the same problem. Problem connecting to phone with wifi or connecting to Remote Control after update. Waiting for New Update
2018-6-26
Use props
AlperMansur
lvl.2
Turkey

No action no comment no support return? Still waiting
2018-6-27
Use props
Cabreo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63196 ft
Italy

I sent my first MA back about three weeks aga for this same connection problem. DJI sent me a replacement unit (great service) and after a couple of flights it repeated the same problem ... no connection. So two days ago, after a frustrating morning, I completely cleaned my android phone of all traces of GO4 app, rebooted my phone, downloaded GO4 again and since then everything is working fine.
Go figure, beats me.
Of course it might be that tomorrow I have it again.
2018-6-27
Use props
AlperMansur
lvl.2
Turkey

Same Problem and still waıtıng
2018-6-30
Use props
shalva
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256493 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Dear friends good time of day to all !

same problem with my new MA that purchased 10 days ago updated to 1.0.400  on 1st day , when i tried  wifi option tp test , worked as should but after restarting the RC and AC cant link the RC back to mavic , switched back to wifi to check, cant find the wifi ssid on my devices.
latest dji assist drivers for rc not working.
not recognizing the RC.
waiting for firmware update i hope that it will be soon.
meantime My drone useless and grounded.

Regards to all
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules